What's new

MKX Gameplay trailer coming "Soon, soon, soon!", says Boon

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Yeah, that's cool. I mean I just wish they'd go back to that darker industrial music with trailers or even rock or dubstep. Just please NO MORE Rap!! lol Not so sound like I'm hating on rap, it just doesn't flow well at all with MK characters fighting. Def Jam? Sure, I'm sure it fits perfectly. MK? Not so much lol.

I liked the score in Injustice, the background music was ok I guess. Personally, if WB really wanted to go nuts on Injustice 2 get Hans Zimmer to do it lol. The guy is epic with movie soundtracks.
Rap has some of the most perfect themes for MK. 3 six mafia for MK would be perfect, or necro, even tech nyne. And please NO DUBSTEP LOL

gosoxtim

Noob
i have a felling that scopion and subzero and the two new favortias that boon mentioned will most likely be the demo charachters wherever the demo comes out

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Rap has some of the most perfect themes for MK. 3 six mafia for MK would be perfect, or necro, even tech nyne. And please NO DUBSTEP LOL
Don't know about the rest but if you think 3 six mafia would be perfect for MK then you and I couldn't be more different.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I mean if they do another MK inspired soundtrack, Skrillex killed it with his mix but as far as trailer music. I feel the dark industrial music works the best(which they've used in the past) or certain kinds of rock(such as Disturbed song worked perfectly for that one Scorpion MK 9 trailer)

Rap in general I just don't see it fitting MK trailers well, I actually didn't mind the beginning once he started rapping though...lol. Though some people were saying if they're using rap use Eminem.

Apparently though, not sure if anyone else noticed but NRS and WB heard the fans displeased with the choice of music lol because if you guys go to the official MKC video on youtube, it has a "remix this video" option lol.

CRKFIEND

Noob
Yeah, that's cool. I mean I just wish they'd go back to that darker industrial music with trailers or even rock or dubstep. Just please NO MORE Rap!! lol Not so sound like I'm hating on rap, it just doesn't flow well at all with MK characters fighting. Def Jam? Sure, I'm sure it fits perfectly. MK? Not so much lol.

I liked the score in Injustice, the background music was ok I guess. Personally, if WB really wanted to go nuts on Injustice 2 get Hans Zimmer to do it lol. The guy is epic with movie soundtracks.

DAT INTRO.

MKF30

DAT INTRO.
Nice, yeah man you know remember Deception's music? Was awesome, so dark lol. I actually did a demo test last night messing around with various songs. THIS song by Hednoize is awesome called "Drain" I did it same time and the music starts kicking RIGHT when Sub and Scorp clash it's perfect lol.

I don't know what kind of music you like, since you agree I take it you don't prefer rap with MK either? lol

But this song, it just has an eerie beginning especially and weird sound effect. IMO it fits MK for a trailer at least.

Justice

Noob
Idk why everyone is upset if mkx would have weapons/stances in it....injustice had different stances and it worked out perfectly fine.
Only a handful of characters have stance changes and none of them completely alter your moveset like those MKs or the Soul Caliber series.

MKF30

So I take it you think rap flows better then dubstep with MK trailer? I prefer neither lol, my point was just don't want rap mixed with MK...it doesn't blend well. Just read the comments dude lol. Not just on here, youtube.

Vagrant

Noob
So I take it you think rap flows better then dubstep with MK trailer? I prefer neither lol, my point was just don't want rap mixed with MK...it doesn't blend well. Just read the comments dude lol. Not just on here, youtube.
I thought the rap in the trailer was fine. MK isn't as serious as people make it out to be lol. It's actually pretty ridiculous and that's why I think the rap was appropriate.

Also just wanted a reason to use that gif. lol

MKF30

I thought the rap in the trailer was fine. MK isn't as serious as people make it out to be lol. It's actually pretty ridiculous and that's why I think the rap was appropriate.

Also just wanted a reason to use that gif. lol
It's pretty serious lol, the tone of it? I just loved how Wiz was trying to rap so fast just to keep up with the pace of the fight. The rap just made it look silly...but still regardless of musical preference the trialer was great. Those who liked the rap are like 1% vs. the 99% who didn't like it lol.

I'm sure the first gameplay trailer won't have rap in it.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Stahp bashing the rap song, it goes OK with the video.
Hoping that 3 "soons" means 3 days and not E3.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
If there's weapons and shit , tym should start a suicide pact , just to teach boon a lesson! Right? Guys?
Why are people so agains't weapons?

Some characters already have them, and if it's an intractable sort of thing, they can work or at the very least be balanced to work.

MKF30

Not bashing the song, just saying it doesn't GO well with MK...

Why are people so agains't weapons?

Some characters already have them, and if it's an intractable sort of thing, they can work or at the very least be balanced to work.
I agree, we haven't even seen gameplay yet but some folks are going nuts over it lol. I'm for it personally, but my only thing is if there's interactables and weapons, just have an option to turn them off. I can see it now some players online won't want that and I'm sure some tourney guys won't want that either possibly. But I'm not against new things, that's what makes MK so much better then other fighters imo.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It's pretty serious lol, the tone of it? I just loved how Wiz was trying to rap so fast just to keep up with the pace of the fight. The rap just made it look silly...but still regardless of musical preference the trialer was great. Those who liked the rap are like 1% vs. the 99% who didn't like it lol.

I'm sure the first gameplay trailer won't have rap in it.
What world do you live on where you think MK is serious at all?

It has/has had:
A zombie bruce lee character
A super powered flamboyant movie star
An angry black man with metal arms
A kung fu master with a razor hat
A demon with swords coming out of it's arms, who is only a member of a race of demons who have swords coming out of their arms.
Minotaurs
An entire race of four armed monsters
A big tittied, piranha faced clone ninja assassin of a princess.
An evil queen with living hair.
Motherfucking cyborg ninjas.
A guy who turns into smoke named "Smoke", a guy who freezes things named "Subzero", a girl who freezes things called "Frost", a guy who has a skull head and breathes fire named "Scorpion", a guy who is literally a reptile man in a human suit(at times) named "reptile", and a guy who is basically a zombie made out of evil black goo named "Noob Saibot".
A special forces member with cartoonishly large boobs, and heels that are in no way appropriate for fighting or her actual job.
A lava man.
A dragon king.
A blind guy with mind powers.
A man literally made out of dead people.
A lady powered by her blood fetish.
A four armed cat man.
Hsu-Hao
A walking, talking, Native American stereotype.
Kratos & Freddy Krueger
WOOLAY!
Ridiculous hats
An Australian with a metal face and eye lasers that has a penchant for calling people "bitch", spitting on his opponents, and studying all of Sonya's moves.
A cop.
A burn victim who is an ex-black market dealer that uses hook swords and has super speed.
Meat.
Everything about Raiden, ever.
Friendships
Vampires.
A demon who is just a three eye'd ogre with a giant ball chain.
A demon who is just a rotting bag of flesh with a mask, a cestus, and a swarm of flies.
Mocap.
Babalities
A guy named Chameleon.
A girl named Khameleon.
Centaurs.
A stage that has living trees with angry faces that also eat people.
Ridiculous faux Asian gibberish.

And finally, 2:04 in this intro:

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Not bashing the song, just saying it doesn't GO well with MK...

I agree, we haven't even seen gameplay yet but some folks are going nuts over it lol. I'm for it personally, but my only thing is if there's interactables and weapons, just have an option to turn them off. I can see it now some players online won't want that and I'm sure some tourney guys won't want that either possibly. But I'm not against new things, that's what makes MK so much better then other fighters imo.
Yeah, in Injustice you could turn off intractable and Transitions.

speaking of which, i'd love transitions in MK.

Maybe that would lead to a new kind of stage fatality, if you kill someone with a transition, you get a special fatality.

MKF30

What world do you live on where you think MK is serious at all?

It has/has had:
A zombie bruce lee character
A super powered flamboyant movie star
An angry black man with metal arms
A kung fu master with a razor hat
A demon with swords coming out of it's arms, who is only a member of a race of demons who have swords coming out of their arms.
Minotaurs
An entire race of four armed monsters
A big tittied, piranha faced clone ninja assassin of a princess.
An evil queen with living hair.
Motherfucking cyborg ninjas.
A guy who turns into smoke named "Smoke", a guy who freezes things named "Subzero", a girl who freezes things called "Frost", a guy who has a skull head and breathes fire named "Scorpion", a guy who is literally a reptile man in a human suit(at times) named "reptile", and a guy who is basically a zombie made out of evil black goo named "Noob Saibot".
A special forces member with cartoonishly large boobs, and heels that are in no way appropriate for fighting or her actual job.
A lava man.
A dragon king.
A blind guy with mind powers.
A man literally made out of dead people.
A lady powered by her blood fetish.
A four armed cat man.
Hsu-Hao
A walking, talking, Native American stereotype.
Kratos & Freddy Krueger
WOOLAY!
Ridiculous hats
An Australian with a metal face and eye lasers that has a penchant for calling people "bitch", spitting on his opponents, and studying all of Sonya's moves.
A cop.
A burn victim who is an ex-black market dealer that uses hook swords and has super speed.
Meat.
Everything about Raiden, ever.
Friendships
Vampires.
A demon who is just a three eye'd ogre with a giant ball chain.
A demon who is just a rotting bag of flesh with a mask, a cestus, and a swarm of flies.
Mocap.
Babalities
A guy named Chameleon.
A girl named Khameleon.
Centaurs.
A stage that has living trees with angry faces that also eat people.
Ridiculous faux Asian gibberish.

And finally, 2:04 in this intro:
Wow, dude lol didn't think anyone would actually take what I said as "literal" lol what world do you live in dude? haha. Of course man, no video game is "realistic" it's fiction. Obviously.

I'm talking about the TONE of the game..... When did I ever say "MK is like real life"? lol wtf? And I was referring to more so in game soundtrack and trailers music. Not sure how that got into this.

I think some of you guys are getting the wrong idea, not hating on rap or saying "MK is real" lol.

But I'm sure there will be some kind of option for turning that stuff off.

This is pretty much the average reaction which is why I don't understand why the song is even an issue. Fighting and hip-hop actually mesh well together and you can see it in all different types of media...

Afro Samurai
Man with the Iron Fists
Def Jam Vendetta :DOGE
Yeah I mean I admit(like most here, wasn't my cup of tea the musical choice) but that's not even what has me excited you know? The fight was just awesome! (unless you're a subby fan of course lol)