What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
when? where?
Oh in the thread announcing it... It was asked if we could ask questions and the response was yeah and they love high level players but all our questions would be about frame data and the stream isn't for that stuff it's geared more toward the general public...

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
im pretty sure he was talking about pre-existing characters, Hsu Hao was not made to specifically fulfill a purpose in MKX he was merely collateral
Nope he was talking about everyone, it's just as it sounds. Not all of the people that appear in the comics will appear in the game :p

shig

kool guy
Erron Black seems to be a human. I suppose he's from Black Dragon and is aiding Kotal just because they know Red Dragon is buddies with Mileena. If he's playable, he's gonna play like Deathstroke.

Oh in the thread announcing it... It was asked if we could ask questions and the response was yeah and they love high level players but all our questions would be about frame data and the stream isn't for that stuff it's geared more toward the general public...
discussing framedata at this point is pointless anyway... still a lot is gonna Change. i just hope they show the new chars variations a lot

It seems very likely black will be playable. He is a gunslinger, a play style that would fit MKX since there are none who would be left (Stryker ain't kommin back).

Can someone please help me out. Does MKX take place up to 25 years AFTER the comic? So up to 50 years after MK9? Or does it also cover the same time during which the comic takes place? If so does this mean the game will be covering events that the comic did not? Idk..

MCPeePants

Bout it
AFAIK the story mode will take place in 5-10-25 years after MK9. The comic seems to be starting just after MK9. So I think they kinda overlap. Seems the game will likely take place a bit after the comics but in progression. I'd think vs mode will be 25 after.

AFAIK the story mode will take place in 5-10-25 years after MK9. The comic seems to be starting just after MK9. So I think they kinda overlap. Seems the game will likely take place a bit after the comics but in progression. I'd think vs mode will be 25 after.
That makes more sense, since the human characters from MK9 would be 80+ yo if it went 25 years after the comic.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Can someone please help me out. Does MKX take place up to 25 years AFTER the comic? So up to 50 years after MK9? Or does it also cover the same time during which the comic takes place? If so does this mean the game will be covering events that the comic did not? Idk..
MKX takes place up to 25 years after MK9, the comic fills in some of that gap because I'm pretty sure the game also flashes back to 5/10/15/20 years after MK9.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Considering Cassie and Jacqui are between 18 and 20, and Kotal Kahn has been waging war against Mileena for over 10 years, I'm pretty sure this is roughly 18 years after MK9 and AFTER the Netherrealm war where characters get revived.

I believe this is very likely taking place in a gap between the 10 and 25 year timeskip. So these events occurring right now will probably be alluded to in the story mode, but won't be covered.