What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
kotal seems like a pretty reasonable guy. would be nice to hang out with him, drink some vodka with blood cocktails or some other shit.

I love that he looks twice as evil as Shao but is actually a really okay guy.

I hope they kind of play that up.

Like have a scene where he levels and entire building in Outworld and the heroes are like "He's destroying it! We have to stop him" before Kotal bring in a crew of workers and is like "Now that the abandoned building is out of the way, we can start work on this orphanage".

To the point of actually saving Earthrealm from certain doom instead of Raiden, which would understandably piss him off.

I don't know, I think that'd be really funny and awesome.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Fucking called it.

I thought Mileena would be the one asking Earthrealm for help, wow, i'm glad I had it backwards actually.

Another one of my prediction is getting more and more fleshed out as well, about Raiden being the big bad of MKX in some fashion. He almost killed Fujin and barely gave half of a fuck.
Eh you were kind of right.
We don't know that Mileena has ruled Outworld at all, her and Kotal are fighting for the throne (unless it says that in the comic WHICH I HAVEN'T READ YET ARGH)
Of your 3 things, 1 might be true but we don't know yet, 2 isn't happening considering her and Reiko are going to be a thing and 3 might intertwine with 1. Maybe he kills someone and Mileena flees and he's the new ruler. But with 10 years of a fight I highly doubt Mileena is just going to let go of the claim to the throne like that.
And it's Kotal joining the forces of good, not Mileena. Kotal wants to ally himself with the Special Forces.

BUT FUCK RAIDEN THE FUCKING CLUMSY FUCK ALMOST KILLING FUJIN LIKE THAT

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Eh you were kind of right.
We don't know that Mileena has ruled Outworld at all, her and Kotal are fighting for the throne (unless it says that in the comic WHICH I HAVEN'T READ YET ARGH)
Of your 3 things, 1 might be true but we don't know yet, 2 isn't happening considering her and Reiko are going to be a thing and 3 might intertwine with 1. Maybe he kills someone and Mileena flees and he's the new ruler. But with 10 years of a fight I highly doubt Mileena is just going to let go of the claim to the throne like that.
And it's Kotal joining the forces of good, not Mileena. Kotal wants to ally himself with the Special Forces.

BUT FUCK RAIDEN THE FUCKING CLUMSY FUCK ALMOST KILLING FUJIN LIKE THAT

First things first, I stated in the original post:

-If Mileena isn't killed she'll more than likely want to take Kotal off of the top spot and reclaim it, leading to her joining the forces of good temporarily.
And in my "I called it post" I said:

I thought Mileena would be the one asking Earthrealm for help, wow, i'm glad I had it backwards actually.

Second,

We don't know that Mileena has ruled Outworld at all.
Mileena has to have ruled for some period of time, if only 1 second.

If a King and his family die, leaving only one princess, she is the queen. Doesn't matter if some chucklefuck from another place comes along and says "I want this", that princess is the queen the moment all other relatives with priority die. Mileena isn't just Shao's family pet, she's a daughter he had specifically made with his(and two other people's) blood.

Of course, like I said, something can happen that gives another person gunning for the throne an opening, but they don't get priority over a blood relative.

Kotal isn't related to Shao, Boon confirmed this in the early days of the games reveal.

Basically what I called was that Mileena becoming rightful ruler of Outworld would put her at odds with Kotal.

In the comics Kotal pretty much is like "Naw" and MIleena was like "Yeah" and Reiko was like "Yeah" and the Red Dragon were like "Yeah", and Kotal was like "Fuck".

Last edited:

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Some sweet character designs... Can't wait for more redesigns and new characters I have really liked everything so far...
Also I wouldn't be to concerned with any deaths be it in the comic or games... Getting killed in MK is like being jumped into a gang...

trufenix

bye felicia
yet another character resurrected by the "netherrealm war". At this point the only thing that actually happened in Mk9 was shao kahn got killed.

It's a dark day when scorpion is the character with the most development in a story.

gosoxtim

Noob
Fucking called it.

Another one of my prediction is getting more and more fleshed out as well, about Raiden being the big bad of MKX in some fashion. He almost killed Fujin and barely gave half of a fuck.
my guess something changed raiden to make him not care anymore

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think the events of MK9 threw him off-kilter in the same way the events leading up to Armageddon did previously.

I also think he is innately a bit fucked up, morally grey, and indifferent when it comes to a lot of things.

yet another character resurrected by the "netherrealm war". At this point the only thing that actually happened in Mk9 was shao kahn got killed.

It's a dark day when scorpion is the character with the most development in a story.
Yet another? Who got revealed as revived that we didn't know about before this issue?

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Why are people saying he didn't care about Fujin? Did you see how easy it was to heal him? It obviously wasn't that big of a deal.

Also, there is no way in hell that Erron Black is the person holding the bow in Ed Boon's tweet.

Not much happened in this issue, have to wait another week for anything to actually happen :(

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He healed him because he could, what if that clearly randomly fluctuation blast took off Fujin's head or completely mutilated his body?

As we saw with Liu Kang previously, Raiden's necromancy powers aren't exactly perfect.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
He healed him because he could, what if that clearly randomly fluctuation blast took off Fujin's head or completely mutilated his body?

As we saw with Liu Kang previously, Raiden's necromancy powers aren't exactly perfect.
True, but I'm sure he knew that Fujin, being a God, wouldn't have been that badly hurt.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
My point is, it didn't hit his head, it hit his abdomen which was a quick fix, so there was no need to get his panties in a twist. He also senses peril in the realm which is the bigger concern compared to Fujin's flesh wound, which he had already healed. It wasn't a big deal, no need to discuss hypotheticals.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Raiden is a pretty consistent screw up... Earth realm more or less succeeds when it does in spite of him more then it does because of him... He brings everyone together but beyond that he is a handicap and if he was the coach of a team they would likely be moving in a different direction by now...

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Who was the second warrior that was with Kotal?
Erron Black.

First things first, I stated in the original post:

And in my "I called it post" I said:

Second,

Mileena has to have ruled for some period of time, if only 1 second.

If a King and his family die, leaving only one princess, she is the queen. Doesn't matter if some chucklefuck from another place comes along and says "I want this", that princess is the queen the moment all other relatives with priority die. Mileena isn't just Shao's family pet, she's a daughter he had specifically made with his(and two other people's) blood.

Of course, like I said, something can happen that gives another person gunning for the throne an opening, but they don't get priority over a blood relative.

Kotal isn't related to Shao, Boon confirmed this in the early days of the games reveal.

Basically what I called was that Mileena becoming rightful ruler of Outworld would put her at odds with Kotal.

In the comics Kotal pretty much is like "Naw" and MIleena was like "Yeah" and Reiko was like "Yeah" and the Red Dragon were like "Yeah", and Kotal was like "Fuck".
I know, I'm not ignoring that lol. I'm just agreeing with you that you weren't completely correct there ;)

Mileena hasn't necessarily ruled Outworld, Kitana had a body after she dies since you fought her in the Netherrealm so technically she still exists and has always been rightful Queen of Outworld :DOGE

holy shit todays issue was long and packed. anyone think were gonna see Erron Black on fridays stream? guy looks like a new char for sure, they wouldnt put that much detail on a random.