What's new

MKX and DLC costumes

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
My only request is for the love of god don't give scorpion 30 costumes and Ermac for example 2
I don't think this game will suffer the same character favoritism as a game like IGAU. Of course comic book legends get 50 skins a piece. Although NRS has disappointed in the past.

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
Yeah but then you have to wait like 7 months for that version to come out. Why not just pay the 20 dollars right off the bat to have everything?
The problem is $20 doesn't give you everything. It gives you 4 dlc characters and a couple of costume packs. It ends up costing more than $40 to buy everything via download only.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
That costume wouldn't work for Ermac with his floating design IMO.

With every costume they put out I would like to see some creativity, classics are fine, but I would rather see something unique and exciting.
I disagree, I think these costumes are simple enough to still work without bringing down the actual fighter's play-style.

While I agree i'd rather have more new costumes than old, I still think one classic pack is deserved.

Decay

King of the Bill
They should do regularly released skin packs like capcom does for street fighter years after release. I wouldn't mind spending 5 bucks on costumes for my favorite characters. Look at injustice... Batman and superman have 20 skins and I get stuck with the same space juggalo skin forever. At least keep poppin them out for us! Don't you want our money?!

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I never did like how Netherrealm Studios approach to DLCs, ( forced patches,have to pay for DLC characters,etc) it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I would have hoped they would have gave us a good couple of months to indulge in the game before they start releasing DLCs. . . .

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What i'm most looking forward too are detailed skins that can turn one character visually and animation-wise into another without it being a clone or separate character.

Like the human cyborgs in MK9, Cyborg Superman, Batman Beyond, John Stewart, and I think a few others that are escaping me right now.

Like a intricate Kintaro skin for Goro, or a Frost skin for Subzero, etc. complete with different voices, intros, and altered animations.

Hell they could even make a Noob costume for Subzero by just changing the ice effects to that sticky shadow goop(sticking opponents instead of freezing them, sliding on it instead of ice, throwing a shadow clone instead of an ice clone, etc).

Noob
Honestly, I'm buying 5 copies of the game. XBox One, 360, PS3, PS4 and PC. I will be supporting NRS to the fullest, like I do with every game they put out. I will purchase the DLC for characters and MAYBE for a costume I REALLY want. Otherwise, I will be waiting a year and getting the "Komplete" Edition for 2/3 the cost of the original game and it comes with all the DLC characters and costumes.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I'm not too fond of capitalism, but that's the world we live in. If it helps the longevity of the series, I'm ok with DLC skins, provided they are reasonably priced. I don't think one should exceed $1 and even that is pushing it. It shouldn't end up costing 30% of the retail price of the game just for aesthetics. Sure, one could just NOT BUY IT, but then you run the risk of getting made fun of by all the cool kids who paid for these flashy new skins.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I think 3 things relevant to this topic:

1. I agree with the consensus that everyone should have a relatively equal number of costumes, but consider that some might not be as good/creative for certain characters. Think about the new characters too, it might not be so easy to create alternates for them whereas old characters have a plethora of options :/
2. I think if they are going to release DLC at some points then they should release an alternate or two along with them, then if they come up with more alternates they can throw it in a skin pack with skins for other characters too. I'd be down for buying that.
3. I think they should hold off on releasing DLC characters so quickly. Do it after people have had a real chance to explore the base cast first. Once they've done that then release a DLC character so they can explore them knowing that they've at least had the chance to look at the others at least a little first. Release the first one after maybe a month or two or something? Also considering the money people will have already just spent on the game and whatnot, at least give us some recovery time lol.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
this is pretty much the only DLC costume i want in the game, not saying i wont accept others of course im from DOA costumes are a constant with that game.

which reminds me DOA has had a couple of design contests where they put fanmade costumes in the game. i would LOVE if NRS could be convinced to do that. wth their whole kollective thing i really think they would be up for it,

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
how about this, get Community Skins/Costumes. for example get an exclusive EVO skin. 20% of the earnings goes toward the prize pool of the tournament and gives you a special in game EVO supporter emblem and goodies. if they support steam workshop we can make it ourselves on MKX PC. this is basically how a $250k Dota 2 tournament turned out to be a $3 million dollar tournament that's currently going on right as we speak. just wishful thinking i suppose.

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
how about this, get Community Skins/Costumes. for example get an exclusive EVO skin. 20% of the earnings goes toward the prize pool of the tournament and gives you a special in game EVO supporter emblem and goodies. if they support steam workshop we can make it ourselves on MKX PC. this is basically how a $250k Dota 2 tournament turned out to be a $3 million dollar tournament that's currently going on right as we speak. just wishful thinking i suppose.
that's actually a pretty cool idea.

E

Eldriken

Tweet that idea to Boon.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
My one thought on DLC costumes: fucking knock it off with this whole "these four characters will have nine fucking costumes each and the rest of the cast can go streaking" nonsense that went on through MK9 and Injustice.

Seriously, this is the one thing Crapcom does right. Everyone has basically the same amount of outfits. Like it's one thing to have a "Klassic Pack" that only benefits characters from the 'klassic' titles, et cetera. But it needs to be evenly distributed.

Or they could man up and just let me dress my own character like Tekken or SCIV-V. I like making sure my *characterhere* doesn't look like everyone else's *characterhere*.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
this is pretty much the only DLC costume i want in the game, not saying i wont accept others of course im from DOA costumes are a constant with that game.

which reminds me DOA has had a couple of design contests where they put fanmade costumes in the game. i would LOVE if NRS could be convinced to do that. wth their whole kollective thing i really think they would be up for it,
I agree, I'm from DoA as well so constant costume is fine for me. I agree with the Kommunity costumes like DoA does. In fact I think the cold war Scorpion is from the Kollective.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
And while they're at it can they include Kombat TV? Without the bunz ass cost of tickets.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
My one thought on DLC costumes: fucking knock it off with this whole "these four characters will have nine fucking costumes each and the rest of the cast can go streaking" nonsense that went on through MK9 and Injustice.

Seriously, this is the one thing Crapcom does right. Everyone has basically the same amount of outfits. Like it's one thing to have a "Klassic Pack" that only benefits characters from the 'klassic' titles, et cetera. But it needs to be evenly distributed.

Or they could man up and just let me dress my own character like Tekken or SCIV-V. I like making sure my *characterhere* doesn't look like everyone else's *characterhere*.
As much as i'd love full on customization, there will always be idiots who paste make-shift dicks on their characters or make them look like brightly colored clowns.

It'd be best to do it KI style with costume mix and match costume pieces, or SFxT with color packs(though nothing ridiculous like neon or metallic).

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

I'd add Raiden to my list of mains if they brought a revamped version of this costume back:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Tweet that idea to Boon.
i wish it would get through, sadly its more on WB than NRS at this point since WB would be the ones to have to fork over 20% profit. that or someone one would come in and say "we'll how many non free to play games are currently doing this" you know, instead of being innovators. i'll tweet it to him though, doubt he will read it.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
As much as i'd love full on customization, there will always be idiots who paste make-shift dicks on their characters or make them look like brightly colored clowns.
So? If you want ___________ to be a brightly colored clown with satyriasis, you do you. Especially since this game is M rated. I'll never understand how "there's this one aspect of concept X that I don't care for, therefore concept X should moot for everyone, because we all have to enjoy concept X the same way or not at all" became such a prevailing line of reasoning. Because the world ends if somebody wants to try to pub-stomp with Goro in a miniskirt and a facepenis or something. I don't know how you guys play, but I can only play so many straight matches before it needs to be 100% about trolling like Ed Boon intended.

Failing that, it's not like an option to include accessories with adjustable size parameters that can be placed anywhere on your character is a required part of the customization. SCV was practically begging for Bonervoldos at that point. I'd settle for just being able to do truly custom color schemes but really just some basic Head/Shoulder/Torso/Arms/Hands/Leg/Feet equipment dress-up-Barbie stuff wouldn't be bad. Have the DLC costumes segmented so they could be broken down and mix-n-matched, then do like a few DLC costume piece packs along side completed costumes. Stuff would be the shit.