What's new

MKX and DLC costumes

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I haven't really thought about it until recently, but given NRS's track record, we should expect a good amount of DLC costumes.

MK9 had a lot of classics, and Injustice had a metric fuck-ton all throughout it's "lifespan".

There are problems with that though, as most of the costumes either costed a pretty penny in packs or were locked behind ridiculous challenges and other stuff like signing up for [x] and getting a highscore on [y] and all other types of shenanigans.

How do you feel about DLC costumes for MKX, and what costumes to you hope will return from previous games?

Going off of their trend, they give us more and more high-quality DLC each game, so we should expect quite a lot this time around.

I personally want more in-depth and detailed skins that can make one character into another, much like the human versions of Cyrax and Sektor. Complete with adjusted animations and dialogue.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I'm hesitant to buy any dlc, because everything was cheaper with the ultimate edition of Injustice.
I'm too impatient and when I go to switch my pre-order to a different console, I'll have the money to just pay it all off right then and there. I'll save the Komplete Edition (if that's what they call it) for when I buy it on other platforms.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I'm hesitant to buy any dlc, because everything was cheaper with the ultimate edition of Injustice.
Yeah but then you have to wait like 7 months for that version to come out. Why not just pay the 20 dollars right off the bat to have everything?

E

Eldriken

My only request is for the love of god don't give scorpion 30 costumes and Ermac for example 2
So, basically, don't give Scorpion the Superman/Batman treatment? :p

I agree with you on this matter. I think all the characters (possibly excluding DLC) should get equal or close to equal amounts of alternate costumes.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
There's quite a few costumes from MK9 I really hope return, Scorpion and Ermacs alternate as well as Raidens. I would prefer new ones though and I really hope it isn't Injustice all over again. I think three costumes for each character is realistic, I am really hoping for classic Sub and Scorpion though, there's just something about those costumes.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Yeah but then you have to wait like 7 months for that version to come out. Why not just pay the 20 dollars right off the bat to have everything?
Well, for one it won't be $20. The premium digital edition which only includes the game and the kombat pack is $90. So at the very least the kombat pack would be $35 separately. Otherwise why bundle it?

Secondly, if we use Injustice as the latest example the season pass did not include all the dlc. You got 4 dlc characters and the flashpoint skin pack for $15. (Note, that would make the MKX season pass twice the price for the same amount of characters)
Then they released two other dlc characters for $5 a piece and several costume packs for $3 a piece that were not included in that season pass. There is currently almost $50 worth of dlc for Injustice that was not included in the season pass.

So, I totally understand getting the base game then waiting on the komplete edition. That is what I will be doing as well.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Similar. Plus I'm not one of those guys that bounces around playing half the cast. I play one or two characters for the entire lifespan of the game, so for me buying all the DLC isn't worth it until the end. I'll only buy a character if they really fit my style and I want to try them out.

In Injustice the only dlc I bought was Zod because I had to try him out, and then way later I bought the complete edition with all the costumes and characters. Imo if you don't play them you don't need them because you can always find an opponent who uses the character for MU experience.