What's new

MKT (PSX) Tier List Discussion

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Her move properties in MKII were much better than they are in UMK3.

Much like Liu Kang got changed, Mileena is the same. They stay longer in the air during the projectile (during ground projs too) making it so you can't spam it the same. The Ball would be better if it gave normal DP, but it's insanely hard to eek out the 27% ball combo (got it twice in one round last night :D ) mid-screen when that particular combo should be 40% to compete.

A no DP Kitana would make me play her.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Shao Kahn, Kintaro, Goro, Motaro. There are a few factors here and there aren't widely known, but that is the most common line up.

Derek

Noob
Hero101 said:
noob ranked higher than anybosses considering he can get them in the fireball and get the 2 combos on them?
No. If you factor in the bosses(Shock doesn't)Shao Kahn is ranked first.

dreemernj

Ambassador
l SuGaR l said:
Hero101 said:
noob ranked higher than anybosses considering he can get them in the fireball and get the 2 combos on them?
Yeah, Shock mentioned Kahn is first on the previous page.

krsx

Noob
Can Chameleon be ranked? Cus like, you can get stuck as Noob or Rain (if you're in the middle of a sequence he wont morph), plus he's got Ermac, H. Smoke and Reptile too...Classic Sub and improved Scorpion are no slouches either.

dreemernj said:
l SuGaR l said:
Hero101 said:
Yeah, Shock mentioned Kahn is first on the previous page.
nah I knew Shao is top but I figured maybe noob might be near say goro coz you can still hit him with at least 2 combos when he's in the containment?

I suppose the damage factor and the brocken block would have a lot to do with it too....

Raiden should be ranked alot higher. His pop up combo does 27% and when you jk start it does 37%. Then the aahp, jk does around 46% Then the air torpedo making it 60+% Its not at all difficult to do and you could win with just two of these. He definatley needs to be in the top 10, For n64

1. Noob Saibot
2. Rain
3. Kabal
4. Human Smoke
5. Baraka
6. Kung Lao
7. Raiden
8. Ermac
9. Reptile
10. Kano
11. Nightwolf
12. Robot smoke
13. Classic Sub-zero
14. Scorpion
15. Sindel
16. Jax
17. Sonya
18. Stryker
19. Sektor
20. Unmasked Sub-zero
21. Jade
22. Liu Kang
23. Kitana
24. Cyrax
25. Shang Tsung
26. Mileena
27. Johnny Cage
28. Sheeva
Like this :D

Ive Been playin MKT alot for the n64 lately. The n64 controllers SUCK for MK!! But at least there's button configuration, unlike UMK3 for XBL :D :cry:

Hey. I know there is but can some one give me a link to the MKT vids on this site?

Just for kicks, if the Classic Sub-Zero on the PSX version had the moves of the N64 Sub, where do you think that would put him?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Super Sub would be top 10, maybe 5ish if in good hands. Remember the extra things he can do only really elongate the amount of time you would have to perform a combo based on a set up that was already done. There would have to be limitations on the ground and air freeze and I think if they had put him in MKT on PSX like he is in N64, they would have limited his moves.

Question about rain. For th inf(n64) you just rh, walk in hp, rh repeat correct? Cuz when it get to like the third rh it meeses up, and sometimes when i hp after rh they get behind me... :?:

Rayden is Soo good in MKT, I hope they come out with MKT on XBLA :D

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Forward teleport punch helps him, he moves up a lot but teleport punches are just as punishable in MKT as they are in UMK3! His combo damage remains low and the overall effort to win with him somewhat increases since you have more to work with since the regular TP's time limits don't affect the Foward Teleport Punch. Lex seems to love the FTP!