What's new

MKT N64 Tier List Discussion

Tim Static

Adminerator

BeRB

Noob
Pretty sure that Sheeva player could have beat the other player using any character. Still doesnt prove much, and its still N64 MKT so it doesnt matter anyways
If it matters to me, and a bunch of other players then it always matters.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
N64 MKT plays so differently from UMK3 that I personally don't even both talking about it unless it is specifically to point out differences, but that's just my opinion. That doesn't mean others shouldn't talk about it. It's a valid fighting game in the MK universe just somewhere between SNES and Arcade in terms of gameplay accuracy.

Tim Static
Yeah the character could've beaten the guy with another character besides Sheeva, but he picked her for s reason. he owns with Sheeva and he wanted to test the boundaries of why she was so low in N64 MKT tier.

Why is khameleon higher than Sindel, Robo Smoke, and Stryker. I feel all 3 of them are better than her. Baraka at 8? To be honest i didn't play around with baraka all that much in n64 mk trilogy but that was because he didn't seem very good.

MKK hanzo

I posted an MKT n64 tier list not that much ago in a dominican facebook group:

1- Noob Saibot
2- Human Smoke
3- Kabal
4- Ermac
5- Sub Zero
6- Robot Smoke
7- Nightwolf
8- Jax
9- Kitana
10- Reptile
11- Kano
12- Sheeva
13- Kung Lao
14- Stryker
15- Rain
16- Sindel
17- Cyrax
18- Sonya
19- Baraka
20- Scorpion
21- Jade
22- Raiden
23- Liu Kang
24- Mileena
25- Johnny Cage
26- Shang Tsung
27- Khameleon
28- Sektor

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Noob still one haha, no surprise his infinite was godly...

Sektor last though? ehh not sure I agree with that but I know he's always been lower, eh I still use him ;)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I posted an MKT n64 tier list not that much ago in a dominican facebook group:

1- Noob Saibot
2- Human Smoke
3- Kabal
4- Ermac
5- Sub Zero
6- Robot Smoke
7- Nightwolf
8- Jax
9- Kitana
10- Reptile
11- Kano
12- Sheeva
13- Kung Lao
14- Stryker
15- Rain
16- Sindel
17- Cyrax
18- Sonya
19- Baraka
20- Scorpion
21- Jade
22- Raiden
23- Liu Kang
24- Mileena
25- Johnny Cage
26- Shang Tsung
27- Khameleon
28- Sektor
Scorpion is still a even though he has the forward teleport?

Why exactly are Raiden and Cage so low? And what makes HSmoke better than RSmoke? Idk much about MKT64 so I'm curious about a lot of things.

Last edited:

MKK hanzo

Scorpion is still a even though he has the forward teleport?

Why exactly are Raiden and Cage so low? And what makes HSmoke better than RSmoke? Idk much about MKT64 so I'm curious about a lot of things.
Raiden cant kickstart almost all cast even when they are crouched, he has some tlpt shenanigans here and there but thats all and a nice damage output on almost everyone.

Cage has the lowest damage output in the game, maybe even less than Sektor, can punish some stuff but does crap dmge, his standing Hk and Lk have very good range but since those are moves punishables on block + gjabs then those are almost worthless.

H Smoke has damage chances of 50% out of almost ALL situations (aahp, aarh, spear alone, pop up, relaunchers, can inf lp on corner from a spear, etc etc), and for Scorp he just lacks good dmg outsite of aa punishes, he can annoy a lot, fwd tlpt punishes blocked sweeps easily and other stuff. Comparing R vs H Somke its just about tools, Invis is DEADLY on its own but gjabs can shut down SOME of the invis tactics. R Smoke has the fastest spear in the game and can punish moves on block that H Smoke cant like NW SS etc. Both have air throws (R Smoke being here far superior), but R lacks the escape ways of H. Both have godlike normals.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Raiden cant kickstart almost all cast even when they are crouched, he has some tlpt shenanigans here and there but thats all and a nice damage output on almost everyone.

Cage has the lowest damage output in the game, maybe even less than Sektor, can punish some stuff but does crap dmge, his standing Hk and Lk have very good range but since those are moves punishables on block + gjabs then those are almost worthless.

H Smoke has damage chances of 50% out of almost ALL situations (aahp, aarh, spear alone, pop up, relaunchers, can inf lp on corner from a spear, etc etc), and for Scorp he just lacks good dmg outsite of aa punishes, he can annoy a lot, fwd tlpt punishes blocked sweeps easily and other stuff. Comparing R vs H Somke its just about tools, Invis is DEADLY on its own but gjabs can shut down SOME of the invis tactics. R Smoke has the fastest spear in the game and can punish moves on block that H Smoke cant like NW SS etc. Both have air throws (R Smoke being here far superior), but R lacks the escape ways of H. Both have godlike normals.
Fuck, I meant to say Kabal LOL! Idk why I was thinking RSmoke... >_>

I see what you're saying though. That's pretty sweet about Scorp's forward tele punishing sweeps.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm baffled by Rain's placement, was there something that got lost in translation compared to the PSX version?

MKK hanzo

Fuck, I meant to say Kabal LOL! Idk why I was thinking RSmoke... >_>

I see what you're saying though. That's pretty sweet about Scorp's forward tele punishing sweeps.
Oh haha ok, well Kabal here behaves a little different, since jabs arent THAT dominating as UMK3 (but still like 75% of the gameplay), jabbing with him isnt as good, and also, important stuff: he CANT crouch most male ninjas LK from some distances, he can be poked out of throw distance and doesnt have a solid answer for that if he manage to block them. You can snuff some lk/hks with a pre empetive dash but that is risky as you know, only if you are 500% sure the hk/lk is coming. That alone puts H Smoke above him and Ermac pretty close.

So, looks like I was right all along when I said Sheeva was way better than being in the bottom 5. Can someone be nice enough to explain as to why she is though?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
At least Capcom takes the time to fix problems with the game still...Midway still hasn't figured that out yet with it's last 3 games.
Tell that to UMVC3...they literally told the fans they were going to let infinites rock and then showed them a montage of stuff that didn't make it in the game before saying goodbye and walking on that game. Not eveything gets patched and with capcom not everything that is patched is patched well.

Tell that to UMVC3...they literally told the fans they were going to let infinites rock and then showed them a montage of stuff that didn't make it in the game before saying goodbye and walking on that game. Not eveything gets patched and with capcom not everything that is patched is patched well.
This. Very this.