What's new

MKi Rankings - SCR Update

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Bye is the best kept secret in competitive MK9.

So update -- fixed the EVO issues, double-checked, reranked.

I added a new feature where each player gets their own url. So now you can access tyrant at:

http://mkirankings.com/players/tyrant

Instead of using his player id. Looks a lot nicer :)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I like that Tyrant moving up moves me up because I get less of a deduction for losing to him lolol

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So, are the points being retro fitted? Or like...constantly changing based on currrent players standing? Like If I went to evo and lost to 16 bit, then 3 months down the road 16 bit is the best player out there, does my point loss at evo get reduced?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
So, are the points being retro fitted? Or like...constantly changing based on currrent players standing? Like If I went to evo and lost to 16 bit, then 3 months down the road 16 bit is the best player out there, does my point loss at evo get reduced?
Nope -- you're awarded based on how they were playing at the time. That way, if a player levels up, you don't get more points for beating him back when he was free :p

No, it's based on their existing rank at the time you guys played. You go + or - based off of that.

So in my case, because i'm currently rank 101 on the list; When I go to tournaments in the future and beat some top players, I will effectively tank their scores and mine will shoot through the roof. It's going to be tight.

AYSAMO

Noob
No, it's based on their existing rank at the time you guys played. You go + or - based off of that.

So in my case, because i'm currently rank 101 on the list; When I go to tournaments in the future and beat some top players, I will effectively tank their scores and mine will shoot through the roof. It's going to be tight.
Backs will be blown out by "Morty the Score Slayer".

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I actually kinda don't like it being based off how they are at the time...

Take a player like Khaotik. Out of all the tournaments included, he was only able to make NEC and had a poor performance there, but most of us know that that performance does not reflect his true skill considering his tournament success that wasn't a part of this system. So if he beats a strong player early at the next ranked event, they're going to drop lower than they should, even if he ends up winning the whole thing. The same could be said about players like Gamerblake and Konqrr.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator

Take a player like Khaotik. Out of all the tournaments included, he was only able to make NEC and had a poor performance there, but most of us know that that performance does not reflect his true skill considering his tournament success that wasn't a part of this system. So if he beats a strong player early at the next ranked event, they're going to drop lower than they should, even if he ends up winning the whole thing. The same could be said about players like Gamerblake and Konqrr.
It's hard for someone to stay low-ranked for very long if they're winning. And one loss is not enough to offset a bunch of quality wins. So in reality what happens is, that player may lose some points, and then the player who's doing better will gain points.. And people will keep playing and it all evens out.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo

Revolver brings up a really good point. I beat Daddy Dab who is REALLY GOOD NOW! I should move up.