What's new

MKi Rankings - SCR Update

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
After a very intense weekend of MK, the dust has settled. We all witnessed an incredibly exciting tournament at SCR 2013, full of upsets, close matches, and a number of surprises. The rankings reflect this -- and the impact is huge.

In addition to adding the SCR results, we've gone through and fixed a few issues with incorrect brackets. Noobe is now placed in the bracket at EVO as he should have been, and a few people who had different names at diff. tournaments have had their results linked properly. So there are slight adjustments to the entire list that have shifted people up/down to their correct places.

So with that said, here it is: the updated MKi rankings list.

http://mkirankings.com

The new top 10:

Thanks again to everyone that has helped or messaged me to correct bracket issues. I am committed to making this as accurate as possible -- so don't hesitate to message me if you notice anything amiss, and I'll make sure to re-rank to include the changes.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
GGA Dizzy and I are tied in points but he's ahead of me? Outrageous.
The system goes down to smaller places internally.. But it looks a bit silly to have someone with a 1500.38473 rating :p It's up to everyone how they'd like to handle that; we can either show them as ties, or just leave them ranked according to the system precision.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The system goes down to smaller places internally.. But it looks a bit silly to have someone with a 1500.38473 rating :p It's up to everyone how they'd like to handle that; we can either show them as ties, or just leave them ranked according to the system precision.

I don't get it. I was ahead of him before. He doesn't even go to SCR. I do and place winners top 8 and beat one of the best. I am demoted. What?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I don't get it. I was ahead of him before. He doesn't even go to SCR. I do and place winners top 8 and beat one of the best. I am demoted. What?
How did Brady move up and he didn't compete?
Read the entire post.. EVO had inccorrect items in their bracket that we found and fixed. NEC had extra matches in the bracket that were removed, etc. Everything that was brought up, has been corrected -- so that adjusts everything slightly to be more accurate.

Lulzlou

Noob
Can you take off this list?
I don't go to tournaments to be obsessed with a list. I just go to compete and have fun. Also, I'm just now starting to play to win. All of my previous tournament placings are irrelevant, even the small local I won.

edit; I don't even travel enough to be apart of anything anyway

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Now I have an issue here. I have SCR listed, which is tight, but now look at this here. At Anaheim, I pre-regged, but did not go. I did not have a single match at MLG Anaheim, and yet here I have one loss at the event. Now of course, we here have three issues.

1. I was not even present at MLG Anaheim and have a loss recorded. Booty butt cheeks

2. I only have one loss instead of the two required to get me out of the tournament. Booty booty butt cheeks

3. Noobe only has one recorded loss at Evo

Now I don't have ANY problems with this system, but clearly there is some faulty logic at hand. I demand that I get my points adjusted, that Noobe have his points adjusted, and that Reo and Tom get moved down for getting their backs blown out at SCR via no show. Otherwise, clearly this system is faulty and we need to be serious about that.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Now I have an issue here. I have SCR listed, which is tight, but now look at this here. At Anaheim, I pre-regged, but did not go. I did not have a single match at MLG Anaheim, and yet here I have one loss at the event. Now of course, we here have three issues.

1. I was not even present at MLG Anaheim and have a loss recorded. Booty butt cheeks

2. I only have one loss instead of the two required to get me out of the tournament. Booty booty butt cheeks

3. Noobe only has one recorded loss at Evo

Now I don't have ANY problems with this system, but clearly there is some faulty logic at hand. I demand that I get my points adjusted, that Noobe have his points adjusted, and that Reo and Tom get moved down for getting their backs blown out at SCR via no show. Otherwise, clearly this system is faulty and we need to be serious about that.
Ok, so one at a time. Here's the anaheim bracket:

http://s3.majorleaguegaming.com/2012-anaheim-mortalkombat-champ.html#

They have you as a 1st round DQ.. Then losing 3-1 to DC Network in Losers. If that's wrong, we can fix it.

As far as noobe's situation, check out the EVO bracket:
http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/mk9_l20.html

This is where Noobe came out of pools as 'bye'. Winners is fixed.. But somewhere in that losers bracket, one of those byes must be him. Does anyone know which?

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Ok, so one at a time. Here's the anaheim bracket:

http://s3.majorleaguegaming.com/2012-anaheim-mortalkombat-champ.html#

They have you as a 1st round DQ.. Then losing 3-1 to DC Network in Losers. If that's wrong, we can fix it.

As far as noobe's situation, check out the EVO bracket:
http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/mk9_l20.html

This is where Noobe came out of pools as 'bye'. Winners is fixed.. But somewhere in that losers bracket, one of those byes must be him. Does anyone know which?
It does need to be fixed, I didn't even play. Dr. Dogg trolloled me and played in my stead so that result is faux.

damn bro, umad? You could very easily have just listed the issues you had and asked they be corrected. What's with all this "demand" bullshit you're on about and calling the system faulty because there's a few minor errors? Be thankful this even exists after all the hard work Crim has put in, and the money he's paying out of his own pocket to host this FREE SERVICE TO YOU.