What's new

MKAK is out NOW for PSN & XBL: Discussing First Impressions

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
idk I played offline umk3 more than the other 2 (obviously lol) and felt it just right. All my moves were coming out nicely using a TE. Just a couple of sound issues but the gameplay and controls are perfect IMO

MKK hanzo

It felt fine to me as well, but I've played so many different versions of these games that I'll just adapt unless it is a difference like MK: DS. I think UMK3 and MK2 would be fine to at least try out offline. If you absolutely need arcade perfect, then I don't think this is it but it plays well.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if these games are faster or slower than the arcade release because they were made by the same company that did MK: DS.

MK1 feels better than the original to me, which means it probably IS faster than the arcade release, which is another reason to why it works better online than the other two. MK1 has always played better online than the other two. I can play ded_ (from Bulgaria) in MK1 and the connection is decent. MK2 and UMK3, nope.

^Take that for what its worth but look at UMK3 on DS. Their style of porting made the game faster and it worked great online for the most part.

Also I noticed HEAVY LAG on stages in UMK3 that had similar lag on UMK3 DS, the Waterfront. It seems like there is definitely some similarities between the DS version and MKAK, coupled with the Unreal Engine.
BTW what THE HELL is the unreal engine coding here? Maybe for the 3d arcades at the main menu? Other than that IDK why its there...

MK I on 360 runs the same to the Arc IMO ps3 MK I is way too fast. UMK3 has a bit of speed up too. I always test it with the 4 hit combo sounds from scorp. (hphphkb+hk). In ps3 the "tempo" is almost MKT fast.

I always use that combo for speed comparison. Zaq you have the originals boards hooked. I dont have mines at hando right now so you could conduct a quick test even with a cellphone camera. Jus t with the sound of that combo.

Throw in some UMK3 360 first version for the kicks. (wich btw is speedwise almost perfect too, just its kind of choppy)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It felt fine to me as well, but I've played so many different versions of these games that I'll just adapt unless it is a difference like MK: DS. I think UMK3 and MK2 would be fine to at least try out at an offline event. If you absolutely need arcade perfect, then I don't think this is it but it plays well. Maybe you could ask the players beforehand, but I don't think anyone would mind and it would be very convenient to just load the game since you use a console for MK9 anyway.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if these games are faster or slower than the arcade release to some degree because they were made by the same company that did MK: DS.

MK1 feels better than the original to me, which means it probably IS faster than the arcade release, which is another reason to why it works better online than the other two. MK1 has always played better online than the other two. I can play ded_ (from Bulgaria) in MK1 and the connection is decent. MK2 and UMK3, nope.

^Take that for what its worth but look at UMK3 on DS. Their style of porting made the game faster and it worked great online for the most part.

Also I noticed HEAVY LAG on stages in UMK3 that had similar lag on UMK3 DS, the Waterfront. It seems like there is definitely some similarities between the DS version and MKAK, coupled with the Unreal Engine.
Yeah, I agree I think UMK3 DS plays better then MKK UMK3.

IMO, normal 360 UMK3>UMK3 DS(it's close though to me anyway)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MKK UMK3

But it seems everyone agrees about MK1 playing the best online so far. MK2 is alright, to me no better or worse about the same as PSN MK2 port imo.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Yeah I might do a umk3 tourny on 360 in october, asking the players before. Hopefully everyone feels it as good as I felt it and we can set the standard (but when 2 stick players fight, we can have that match on the cabinet :) )

I might do a mk2 tournament as well! some people ask from time to time about the game

MKK hanzo

Yeah I might do a umk3 tourny on 360 in october, asking the players before. Hopefully everyone feels it as good as I felt it and we can set the standard (but when 2 stick players fight, we can have that match on the cabinet :) )

I might do a mk2 tournament as well! some people ask from time to time about the game
:) :) :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

Cool, if you do an MK2 Xbox tourney I'd be down! It's not my best MK but I want to see how far I can get!

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
When I tested this a couple of months ago, I tried to connect my Soul Calibur II stick via a PS3/PS2 converter. The stick works fine on Mortal Kombat 9, but for the Klassic Kollection, it didn't seem fully supported....

Has anyone else had this trouble?

SZSR

Noob
Well being the first time i've played MK1, I finally see the charm that everyone fell in love with back in the day. Sub-Zero is a baller with how awesome his freeze is.

And also, UMK3 IS FREAKING AMAZING FUN OFFLINE!!!!!!!!!!! (Vs a real opponent)

That is all.

tataki

Noob
Can someone do some real testing on how close to arcade perfect the umk3 is, not just based on how it "feels like" and make sure the results will be on the front page of TYM? Thanks.

MKK hanzo

Can someone do some real testing on how close to arcade perfect the umk3 is, not just based on how it "feels like" and make sure the results will be on the front page of TYM? Thanks.
Sup Tataki? Its hanzo hasashi from SRK. Look UMk3 IS arcade perfect playability wise. At least on 360. In ps3 there is something like a frame skipping that sometimes sped up/makes chpppy the game but its a 3-4 frames issue. Also MKI and II are very good. i would say they ARE arcade perfect (again playability wise)

Seems like they are emulating the ROM for gameplay. I've seen reset glitches which work and show the initial REVISION 1.2 start up screen. However they've messed around with the audio and theres varying reports on how responsive the game is-- some people are saying its causing them to whiff on things they'd usually hit.

ssub-zzero

MortalKombatEU
P.S. anyone else know I have a question concerning one achievement, the 200 wins, is that general wins between all 3 games in total off and online?

Online only? Offline only? UMK3? MK2 or MK1? I'm guessing overall total, I have every other one though. Just curious...
200 wins are total, mk1, mk2, umk3, online, offline, 1p, 2p, does not matter ;)

btw, i played all mk games yesterday and just wanna say that mk3 on ps3 is faster then original, so umk3 is faster as the original too, but it really suckes when you fight against shao khan...

sound, sucks ex. in umk3. and yes scorpion just say GET and COME.... thats it... and the sound is too quietly

and the colours, mk3 is brighter as for 10 years, if someone says mkak is brighter that are the full hd tvs i think.

sry about my english ... :/

SlickDicMagnum

Mustacheality!
Two things I've noticed (haven't played UMK3 yet):

1. In MK1, when you drain the last of a person's life on The Pit with an uppercut, they don't automatically fall into the pit. Is this something that doesn't happen in all versions?

2. In MK2, does Scorpion not have his leg takedown? Should be DB3, right? That's what two FAQs I've checked said...
1. The only way you can knock someone into the pit on MK1 is to uppercut them after it says "Finish Him!"

2. Scorpion does have his leg takedown in MK2. It is performed by hitting forward, down, back, LK. Hope that helps.

jamessmk

I am your god
]The game is an absolute rush job. They did no even use the best roms to emulate. For what reason would they do this other than to get a quick buck. This was supposed to be a 20yr blowup. Instead it aint worth a blow job. Whoever rates this game above a 4.0 is on the take from WB for advertising money or just a clueless baboo who should seek employment maybe a a cheap hooker..

For Boon and company to even let this go out the door, they should be ashamed. Where is online play, some MK goodies of the past, some fluff and all the stuff that make the games great. Dam I would have bought a disk for 30.00

Well it don't matter, because even if they patch stuff it is not enough, they still dropped the ball AGAIN!! As an X-employee of Acclaim.... I knew a lot about dropping the ball on titles. It was always a corporate decision to let crap go out the door.

But, hey I am sure WB made a couple of dollars. Fix the game you crooks!!!!

PS. I will not run down a list of the 10,000 things wrong with the game, I am not in the developement side no longer, nor could they pay my salary. That is why they hire people to make sure the game is GOOD/RIGHT. Fire them

jamessmk

I am your god
What is more amazing Tobias is doing a better job of supplying info of past MK games on twitter, than the company who published it, AMAZING