What's new

MKAK Drops August 30th-31st!!!

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
oh man i cant wait :), does anyone know if therell be like, an option for redone sprites etc?, i remember the screenshots posted a few months back with some teswt your might minigames redone screens or something

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Time to scrape up some dosh for some MS points. Looking forward to this, have they removed the infinites and stuff?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm fuckin' excited for this! Can't wait! First thing I'll do is hit up the original title and then jump over to Ultimate MK3.

MK2, however? Maybe...depends on if I can actually figure the AI out this time. Hell, I'll have to do that with all three games.

Wonder what the Arcade Kollection's online mode will be like?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I want to be really hyped for this and honestly I am, but I just keep thinking that the netcode will be bad. Simon (AC1984) was talking to me the other day and he mentioned that considering the Kollection is supposed to be arcade perfect... the netcode kinda has to be perfect too or you'll really notice it even in the slightest lag or delay.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I want to be really hyped for this and honestly I am, but I just keep thinking that the netcode will be bad. Simon (AC1984) was talking to me the other day and he mentioned that considering the Kollection is supposed to be arcade perfect... the netcode kinda has to be perfect too or you'll really notice it even in the slightest lag or delay.
yup, same with every other fighting game. When something like a fighting game comes down to actual frames, any lag or delay is huge.

Not just netplay but tv input delay too.

Its just so crucial

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
Well, at this point expectations are so low that people are actually pleasantly surprised that it will have button config. $10 for perfect emulation of all three games isn't too shabby regardless... beyond that, I guess I'll take what I can get. :/

aj1701

Noob
I'm fuckin' excited for this! Can't wait! First thing I'll do is hit up the original title and then jump over to Ultimate MK3.

MK2, however? Maybe...depends on if I can actually figure the AI out this time. Hell, I'll have to do that with all three games.

Wonder what the Arcade Kollection's online mode will be like?

MK2 is my favorite of the three. But I haven't played MK1 in a much longer time, it will be sweet. Also looking into getting into MK3 more. I played it a far amount on the console, but I think I've spent the most time with 2.

JkOC

Noob
Im excited, reliving my childhood one MK title at a time, lol. Now were's all my early 90's grunge music....

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Yeah, my standard expectations were about button config. and it seems they are fulfilled. So now I can run tournaments on 360 and more players will join (controller players).

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Seriously? I mean Mk1-3 will be fun to play again no doubt, but I think the reboot is the best version out now.
People have their own opinions, don't be surprised when other people don't share yours. That being said, UMK3 > all.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I know that, I guess what I meant was why do you like UMK3 over the current one?
I don't really want to get into a whole discussion on why I like UMK3 more, but I will answer your question. I just feel UMK3 is more competitive. UMK3's gameplay is definitely quicker, I love the rushdown. I also feel the skill gap in UMK3 is bigger than in MK9. An average player will never beat a pro... ever. I don't like how much jumping is encouraged in MK9, and how they added a dash instead of a run button. There's a lot more reasons, but as I said, I don't want to get into this discussion and derail the thread.

MK9 is still a great game though, I think it's the 3rd best MK game behind UMK3 and MKT! UMK3 > MKT > MK9 > MK4 > MK2 > MK1

MKK hanzo

Seriously? I mean Mk1-3 will be fun to play again no doubt, but I think the reboot is the best version out now.
Oh well its just a matter of tastes. I would not want to derail the topic but if you ask me my detailed opinion on what I dont like of MK9 I will just copy and paste this from other thread (please remember that is solely MY opinion and dont get offended by any comments I did here):

And now my MK9 hate post:

* I hate that there is NO run

* I hate that the game is a JUMP/CROSSUP FEST

* i hate the seemingly random hitboxes taht sometimes an attack beat other then at the apparent same situation it doesnt

* I hate throwing attack strings in thin air, this makes the crossups more viable and dominant

* I hate lots specific of move properties (Lao down hat and spin, raiden tlpt, kitana 6406044900 fans combos)

* I hate the combo system in general, its UGLY and letting you repeat 10 times ina row the same string or special for damage is UGLIER than any GJ player I have ever seen. (Liu kangs BNB, dash punches x N in juggles etc) They wanted to copy Capcoms freeway in combos (or customs) but it seems stupid to me.

* WHY there is no hit limit for specials? Throwing a Spear after a 10 hit combo seems dumb to me.

* I hate the juggle scaling gravity, its the MAXIMUM DAMAGE of 2011. Its a lazy design to a untested combo engine to prevent infs. Why UMk3 doesnt have that and is still good and balanced?

* Random ass and BIZARRE stuff like c.1 to counter crossup punches (WTF) and the stupid stance thing that ruins LOTS OF COMBOS (Try Lao 2,3 spin then change the stance and try it again)

* Wakeup system is inconsistent IMO, I have 1.800+ offline matches and I still CANT reversal/wakeup consistently. Sometimes they are invincible, sometimes dont etc.

What I love:

* Audio Visuals, a true marvel of game to look at

* Fan service everywhere

* Balance patchs

* Freddy (lol Im serious)

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Does anybody think UMK3 will have a revival? It's VERY different from MK9 so I don't see a reason why not

Tim Static

Adminerator
Does anybody think UMK3 will have a revival? It's VERY different from MK9 so I don't see a reason why not
It was having one before MK9 came out, which drew tons and tons of the casual players out, but no reason some netplay wont bring the hype. Same with MK2.
Mk1....meh, its just SOOO outdated imo.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yeah, I'm down to play MK2 and UMK3 again. I'm afraid that MK1 won't be much fun, though, realistically.