What's new

MKA Tier List/Matchup Chart? I say do it!

REO

Undead
What about the last hit of Drahmin's 1,1,CS being easily parriable offline? How much is that of an issue for him?
That's only an issue if you mindlessly spam it. Drahmin should be using HG 1,1,CS mainly for whiff punishing, it's gold in that department. Also Drahmin's b+2 in Hung Gar was very good for abusing the range as an overhead. It could be interrupted with parry just like 1,1,CS, but it lead to a psuedo mix-up. Since HG b+2 and HG 1 have similar animations, it can mess with the opponent's mind as far as parry interruption goes. They can eat HG b+2 chip all day scouting to parry HG 1,1,3 or they can try to move after HG b+2 but give up scouting on HG 1,1,CS. You can negate the entire string mindgame by parrying after first hit of HG 1 or HG b+2, but you have to be a damn jedi to do so and you risk getting blown up if Drahmin decides to go for something else.

I used to play a lot of Drahmin as one of my side characters. This is all off the top of my head, so bear with me:

Hung Gar:
1,1,CS - His best punisher and whiff punisher. Fast start-up and a ton of range. Safe on block, but parry interruptable.
b+2 - Fast two-hitter with the second hit being an overhead that is safe on block. Interruptable.
d+4 - Good low that gave a ton of advantage on hit to follow-up with a mix-up. Can not be parried.
f+3 - Relatively safe low. Cannot be parried. I use this over d+1.

Iron Club:
b+2 - Fast launching overhead with a good hitbox that is safe on block.
b+3 - Sweeping low that has a lot of range. Cannot be parried.
d+1 - Retarded FAST low poke that gave a lot of advantage on hit and cannot be parried.

Specials:
f,f+2 - Three hitter that propels forward, the last hit is an overhead pop-up. I'm not sure if this could be parry interrupted as the hit transitions were fast. Safe on block and pushes the opponent back a good distance.

This is mainly what I would use with Drahmin back then. He's not as good as he was online due to losing his breaker eater and ground pound losing effectiveness, but his normals are still beast.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Chameleon: 4, free throw, sweep, 44 throw, 43 411combos across whole subway.
Motaro: mule kick, 9% low, plus mid charge.

Man...good times
Haha, Motaro was fucking lulz. Throw out a normal? MULE KICK HAS INVINCIBILITY BITCH GET RAPED! :REO

REO Yep, that's the summary of Drahmin. Great whiff punishment and solid poking.

Also, about parrying mid string...pretty much any move can be parried in this game. It's not always easy to do on pure reactions, though.

THTB

Sub Zero and Jade top tier?

I need to play this game! lol
Sub was really good. Great wall carry, clone transferred to 3D really well, and his throw made breakers pointless because if you didn't break on the throw, the damage went through even if you broke. 3/32 wasn't safe, but both options led to his BS throw lol. And he and Smoke beat BRC at least 7-3.

Jade is sooooooooo fucked up. Imagine Jade with flash that lasts, I think, longer than EX flash in MK9, range with meaning, and a throw that could not be broken after startup AND led to an infinite. I used Jade vs REO in our money match last year to actually push the series to last game, last round.

Btw Kai wasn't the worst in the game. Actually, he's one of the few low tiers that can deal with Dairou. It's hard to say who was the definitive worst. Sheeva's rushdown was stupid good, Kahn had decent turtling, Kai was pretty safe, etc. Probably the worst character was Frost.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Sub was really good. Great wall carry, clone transferred to 3D really well, and his throw made breakers pointless because if you didn't break on the throw, the damage went through even if you broke. 3/32 wasn't safe, but both options led to his BS throw lol. And he and Smoke beat BRC at least 7-3.

Jade is sooooooooo fucked up. Imagine Jade with flash that lasts, I think, longer than EX flash in MK9, range with meaning, and a throw that could not be broken after startup AND led to an infinite. I used Jade vs REO in our money match last year to actually push the series to last game, last round.
LOL This game was so broken...1 throw and it's game over......her shit was unbreakable too. Dastardly Whore. You stand - u get thrown into infinite, you duck - you get 1,1, FT, into infinite.....AND to top it off u can't even keep the bitch away w/ projectiles.

REO

Undead
I don't know about interrupting every string in the game with a parry. Some of the hit transitions seems to fast to interrupt. An example being Mokap's 1,1,3.

THTB

I don't know about interrupting every string in the game with a parry. Some of the hit transitions seems to fast to interrupt. An example being Mokap's 1,1,3.
I think it's possible, but really unlikely to parry. So it turns out to be pretty good.

Thankfully in this game, Reptile is just as solid as he is in MK9. Dash is just as fast (AND CAN JUGGLE FOR UNBREAKABLE DAMAGE), h2h 43 has good range and is a free 30-something% on hit. He has the best h2h AK set, wep u1 is super similar to Cyrax's wep 4, h2h u4 autotracks, list goes on. He has probably one of the best all-around normal sets in the game.

Konqrr I think so.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I think it's possible, but really unlikely to parry. So it turns out to be pretty good.

Thankfully in this game, Reptile is just as solid as he is in MK9. Dash is just as fast (AND CAN JUGGLE FOR UNBREAKABLE DAMAGE), h2h 43 has good range and is a free 30-something% on hit. He has the best h2h AK set, wep u1 is super similar to Cyrax's wep 4, h2h u4 autotracks, list goes on. He has probably one of the best all-around normal sets in the game.

Konqrr I think so.
iirc, Reptile has TWO of the "spinning Kirehashi attacks" that auto-track, right? U1 and then there's also like U3 or F3, i think which he does the sword-spin and it looks similar but has different frames and properties. Been so long....U1 is a launcher though and he jumps and comes down w/ the sword to pop you up?...(or is that B2 or U2 LOL) I need to turn on my PS2 and see

THTB

Man, I'm remembering all the characters right now. Holy hell would a lot of you guys love your favorites in this game.

STB Espio Stryker's zoning in this game was really good (taser is so gayyyyyyyy), and his offense wasn't that bad either.

THTB

iirc, Reptile has TWO of the "spinning Kirehashi attacks" that auto-track, right? U1 and then there's also like U3 or F3, i think which he does the sword-spin and it looks similar but has different frames and properties. Been so long....U1 is a launcher though and he jumps and comes down w/ the sword to pop you up?...(or is that B2 or U2 LOL) I need to turn on my PS2 and see
I don't remember...I know his 233 string was good for pressure.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Man, I'm remembering all the characters right now. Holy hell would a lot of you guys love your favorites in this game.

STB Espio Stryker's zoning in this game was really good (taser is so gayyyyyyyy), and his offense wasn't that bad either.
Yea, that pissed me off....Taser was one of his best moves....he doesnt even HAVE that shit in MK9, fucking bullshit. i dropped him almost as soon as I picked him for that very reason

THTB

Yea, that pissed me off....Taser was one of his best moves....he doesnt even HAVE that shit in MK9, fucking bullshit. i dropped him almost as soon as I picked him for that very reason
That and his normals were actually great. I hate what they did to Stryker, looking back at this version.

Espio

Kokomo

What's funny is he originally was supposed to have it in MK9.....they had a screen shot circulating with it lol :(. I wonder why they removed it....

You guys are making me want to play Armageddon again haha, solid Stryker and Jade <3

THTB

What's funny is he originally was supposed to have it in MK9.....they had a screen shot circulating with it lol :(. I wonder why they removed it....

You guys are making me want to play Armageddon again haha, solid Stryker and Jade <3
Your characters aren't fishes lmao. :)

I'm gonna make a separate thread with summaries of the characters for those who were interested in what went on in the game.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
How was Sektor? I have the game but I didn't play it competitively

All'z I remember was how broken my KAK was, dealing like 100% juggles without air kombat cancelling and shit. I used to abuse the shit of the "splitting bone" low which did 7%, knocked down, and if I can recall 100% safe on block

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster

All'z I remember was how broken my KAK was, dealing like 100% juggles without air kombat cancelling and shit. I used to abuse the shit of the "splitting bone" low which did 7%, knocked down, and if I can recall 100% safe on block
Sektor was actually one of my favorites once I learned how he worked...he had a pretty consistent 52% involving his TU and Pulse Blade combos...one of only a few characters that could get 3 volleys off a launch without using 33/ACs (Mavado was another). His damage was great, but he was under-rated cuz TU whiffed a LOT online, but if you know how to work w/ Sonya/Kira's Kenpo style which was a bit awkward and clunky (but you could get used to it), then he was tons of fun. His pokes were great too, but he lacked in certain other areas, range and zoning, come to mind iirc. He had his Flamethrower, but that along w/ his missiles weren't nearly as effective as they are in MK9

THTB

Kano was actually decent in Armageddon and vsDC. ._.
Kano had no damage unless you could get a boost off, but he was safe in both stances and had a good jab in XIN 1. He also had the best wep AC. Ball was a godlike punisher too...no dumb inputs!

Sektor was pretty solid. His PBS stance was really good as far as poking went, and his damage without ACs was excellent. He just had no zoning, and KEN stance was blah.

Also, I forgot one big thing in this game! Staying in one stance was a bad idea...weapon stances took more damage, while h2h stances had worse range usually. This is one of the reasons Dairou was good. Because MIN had so much safety and was a compliment to his defensive options, it really boosted him as a character. He didn't risk taking absurd chunks.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Kano had no damage unless you could get a boost off, but he was safe in both stances and had a good jab in XIN 1. He also had the best wep AC. Ball was a godlike punisher too...no dumb inputs!

Sektor was pretty solid. His PBS stance was really good as far as poking went, and his damage without ACs was excellent. He just had no zoning, and KEN stance was blah.

Also, I forgot one big thing in this game! Staying in one stance was a bad idea...weapon stances took more damage, while h2h stances had worse range usually. This is one of the reasons Dairou was good. Because MIN had so much safety and was a compliment to his defensive options, it really boosted him as a character. He didn't risk taking absurd chunks.
3,4 was a mid-launcher that led to around 35-40%, which isnt GREAT, but considering his ease of landing combos , excellent speed, overall safeness and good mix-ups it made him formidable...I very much disagree that he is low tier....mid-mid, probably but at least low-mid. Somewhere around Kira, IMO...they had identical weapon-set, but Kano had much more speed in Xing Yi, sadly few people actually played him properly beside DUKE and myself. Maybe Eazy, and Playing2Win.

THTB

3,4 was a mid-launcher that led to around 35-40%, which isnt GREAT, but considering his ease of landing combos , excellent speed, overall safeness and good mix-ups it made him formidable...I very much disagree that he is low tier....mid-mid, probably but at least low-mid. Somewhere around Kira, IMO...they had identical weapon-set, but Kano had much more speed in Xing Yi, sadly few people actually played him properly beside DUKE and myself. Maybe Eazy, and Playing2Win.
My brother was another good Kano user. Kano wasn't bad at all.

Also, I just remembered how good Sonya was. Kiss was fucking stupid...she was another character that beat BRC. Maybe worse than Sub and Smoke do.