What's new

MK9 will not die due to new glitch - ignore the trolls

No one has yet to prove this glitch is broken in top level play, it's all a bunch of whining from forum theory-crafting.
You have to be kidding. It doesn't matter what level of play you are, if I can't attack my opponent, but he is free to do so, that is an issue. If it only happens 1 in 1000 games it is still bullshit. Are you seriously that stupid? It is literally broken. It breaks the game on a the most fundamental level. It cha.ges the game from two characters attack each other to one character is attack a helpless character. No amount of top level player jibberish you spit out changes that.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
REO is 100% right in this thread imo. His tact is obviously off, but that's REO. If the glitch isn't banned, officially, you're not playing to win if you don't abuse it, plain and simple. People are just panicking out of sheer paranoia. And REO is trolling you guys so hard it really has made this thread entertaining.

If it doesn't get banned, use it. It's not like it's some auto glitch that can happen by random luck. You guys act like it's easy to get knowingly forward thrown to end a round.
Maybe its usable but think about the audience, nobody wants to watch some silly glitchfest where u hit your opponent once then stay invicible till the time runs out, it would just make the game look bad and less hype...

Dark_Rob

Noob
REO is 100% right in this thread imo. His tact is obviously off, but that's REO. If the glitch isn't banned, officially, you're not playing to win if you don't abuse it, plain and simple. People are just panicking out of sheer paranoia. And REO is trolling you guys so hard it really has made this thread entertaining.
And whether its officially banned or not is the heart of the matter. If it isnt banned, then it cant be called cheating and REO would just be doing everything in his power to win. However I do think it will end up banned. The question is will it end up being banned before REO has a chance to showcase it at MLG Dallas. That I dont know.

Here are the most recent rules for MLG as of MLG Raliegh, obviously they make no mention of this glitch and therefore it is legal as of now.

Summer Championship - August 24-26 - Raleigh, NC

Equipment Rules
1. All Player equipment is subject to approval. MLG reserves the right to deny the use of anything suspected of providing an unfair competitive advantage.
2. Players may not use a Button Macro controller/fight stick, a Keyboard, a Mouse, or a Keyboard and Mouse adapter. Button Macro controllers/fight sticks allow Players to press a button that results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press multiple buttons.
3. The Sony PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 controller is the only wireless controller/fight stick that may be used.
4. Controllers/fight sticks with Turbo capabilities will be allowed if they have a working Turbo Light, but the Turbo feature may not be used during a Game. Controllers/fight sticks with Turbo capabilities allow Players to press a button that results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press the same button multiple times.
5. Players may not use a controller/fight stick that has been modified in such a way that it alters their Character’s abilities and/or in-game mechanics. Players are allowed to make cosmetic changes to their controller/fight stick.
6. Players may not use a Wireless headset or a headset that requires an outlet for power.
7. Players who break an Equipment Rule #2-6 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game.

General Rules1. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game and/or disqualification from the Event.
2. Players who are disqualified prior to the start of a Game will not be allowed to play in the Game. Players who are disqualified during a Game must quit out of the Game. Players who are disqualified won’t receive any benefits (seeding, prize, etc.) for their ranking in the Event. Such Players may also be subject to a Temporary Ban from MLG’s Network of Websites and/or a Ban from a future Pro Circuit Event(s).
3. Players may not appear on a Main Stage or Feature Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players may be asked to wear MLG apparel for Main Stage and Feature Station Matches.
4. In the case of a PlayStation 3/Monitor malfunction, the Round will be restarted and the Game will be reset with the appropriate Round Score. If the Round Score is not known at the time of the malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning. When a Game is reset, all Meters will be set to zero.
5. If a Player fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of their Match’s announcement (Grace Period), they will Forfeit the 1st Game. If a Player fails to report to their Station within 15 minutes of their Match’s announcement, they will Forfeit the Match. If Players scheduled to play each other both Forfeit a Game or Match, the higher seeded Player will win the Game or Match. If a Match is announced prior to its scheduled start time, the Grace Period will start at the Match’s scheduled start time.
6. If their Match has not been completed, Players must ask their Referee for permission to leave their Station. Referees may set a time limit by the end of which the Player must return to their Station or they may deny the Player’s request. Players may Forfeit a Game(s) if they haven’t returned by the end of their Referee’s set time limit. Players may Forfeit a Game(s) if they leave their Station without their Referee’s permission, or are otherwise unable to play.
7. Between Games, Players may ask their Referee for permission to speak with an advisor(s). If granted, such discussions may not last longer than 2 minutes and may not take place on a Main Stage, on a Feature Station, or within a Tournament Area.
8. Players may ask their Tournament Director for an extended break between Matches. The Tournament Director may set a time limit by the end of which the Player must report to their upcoming Match’s Station or they may also deny the Player’s request. Players may Forfeit a Game(s) if they haven’t reported to their upcoming Match’s Station by the end of their Tournament Director's set time limit.
9. In order to dispute Game results, Players must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Game before a new Game has begun. In order to dispute Match results, Players must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Match before the Match’s Score Sheet has been submitted to the Tournament Director.
10. Players may request that they be allowed to concede victory of a Game. Players may request that their opponent not receive a Forfeit penalty or a penalty associated with receiving a Technical Foul.
11. Requests made pertaining to General Rules #9-10 will be decided upon by the Commissioner of MLG.

Conduct Rules1. Warm-Up Games may not be played during, or prior to the start of, a Match (See Gameplay Rules #9).
2. During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Games must be played with Best of 3 Rounds or less.
3. During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Players must get up at the end of a Game and allow any Players, who have been waiting, to take their seat.
4. Players who haven’t been eliminated from the Event have priority over other Players regarding the use of open Stations.
5. Players must desynchronize their controller, after leaving a Station, following a Warm-Up Game or Event Match.
6. Players who break a Conduct Rule #1-5 may be given a Foul. For the consequences related to receiving Fouls and Technical Fouls, see the Pro Circuit Conduct Rules. Players who fail to desynchronize their controller may be disqualified.

Gameplay Rules
1. Players may not use Kombat Codes.
2. Players may not use the Character Kratos.
3. Players may not use the Mileena Flesh Pit Costume.
4. Players may not use the Smoke Invisibility Glitch.
5. Players may not Pause a Round, without a Tournament Official’s permission.
6. Players may not quit out of a Game before it has ended, without a Tournament Official’s permission.
7. Players may not incorrectly end a Game, without a Tournament Official’s permission.
8. Players who break a Gameplay Rule #1-7 will Forfeit the Game.
9. With a Tournament Official’s permission, Players may start a Game, prior to the start of Game 1, in order to check their settings. Such Games may not last longer than one minute.
10. If a Game is started without the approval of a Tournament Official, it will be restarted from the beginning.

Character, Stage & Side Selection
1. The higher seeded Player must choose to play on the left (Player 1) or right (Player 2) side of the screen, before the start of the Match. The Players must then select their correct side of the screen.
2. Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for Game 1 of a Match.
3. The loser of each Game may select a new Character for the next Game. The winner of each Game won’t be allowed to select a new Character for the next Game. If a Match expands to a Best of 11, the loser of the Best of 5 Games Match may select a new Character for the next Game. The winner of the Best of 5 Games Match won't be allowed to select a new Character for the next Game.
4. The Stages Chamber of Flame and The Streets may not be played. If a Player selects one of these Maps, the Game must be restarted from the beginning and the Player must select another Stage.
5. The higher seeded Player must select the Game 1 Stage of each Match.
6. The loser of each Game must select the Stage for the next Game. If a Match expands to a Best of 11, the loser of the Best of 5 Games Match must select the Stage for the next Game
While this particular glitch is not banned. There is precedent for other glitches being banned such as the Smoke glitch. So its in the realm of possibility that MLG will ban this before MLG Dallas. I suspect the more attention this glitch gets the more likely it is MLG just bans it outright.
However if they dont, and REO, or someone else uses it, then you cant rightly call them a cheater. They would still be playing within the rules. At best you could say it isnt very honorable, but that wont phase REO. To him honor is a fools prize. Hel take the win however he can legally get it. So just in case this glitch doesnt get banned, the rest of you should be learning how to abuse the hell out of it to.

REO

Undead
You have to be kidding. It doesn't matter what level of play you are, if I can't attack my opponent, but he is free to do so, that is an issue. If it only happens 1 in 1000 games it is still bullshit. Are you seriously that stupid? It is literally broken. It breaks the game on a the most fundamental level. It cha.ges the game from two characters attack each other to one character is attack a helpless character. No amount of top level player jibberish you spit out changes that.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
It's called top tier, look it up.

If it doesn't get banned, use it. It's not like it's some auto glitch that can happen by random luck. You guys act like it's easy to get knowingly forward thrown to end a round.
You are terribly out of date. He doesn't even need to have you in the corner to activate the glitch. All he needs to do is land a sweep.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Hmm you can do it off a combo with skarlet and a sweep/throw midscreen w kabal

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
And whether its officially banned or not is the heart of the matter. If it isnt banned, then it cant be called cheating and REO would just be doing everything in his power to win. However I do think it will end up banned. The question is will it end up being banned before REO has a chance to showcase it at MLG Dallas. That I dont know.

Here are the most recent rules for MLG as of MLG Raliegh, obviously they make no mention of this glitch and therefore it is legal as of now.

While this particular glitch is not banned. There is precedent for other glitches being banned such as the Smoke glitch. So its in the realm of possibility that MLG will ban this before MLG Dallas. I suspect the more attention this glitch gets the more likely it is MLG just bans it outright.
However if they dont, and REO, or someone else uses it, then you cant rightly call them a cheater. They would still be playing within the rules. At best you could say it isnt very honorable, but that wont phase REO. To him honor is a fools prize. Hel take the win however he can legally get it. So just in case this glitch doesnt get banned, the rest of you should be learning how to abuse the hell out of it to.
its really new still

it'll be added

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The problem is not that there is game breaking nonsense allover the game.
The problem is not that there are glitches that are not getting patched because of a prehistoric policy.
The problem is not even that there is a glitch that gives a free win.

The problem is that there have been 10+ games of the same sequel,
that there is a whole genre of games out there,
that thrives on "tier lists" and unfair layout and instead of striving for balance through out the countless sequels, they keep making the same mistakes

and we are buying those games still.

The only way to teach the FG-creators to stop the same shit, is by boycotting their sales for a while making a HUGE colossal uproar about game balance and demanding them to develop reasonable games for our money. And tbh, it's not happening. People are sheep.
Me, I'm not buying Injustice.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The only way to teach the FG-creators to stop the same shit, is by boycotting their sales for a while making a HUGE colossal uproar about game balance and demanding them to develop reasonable games for our money. And tbh, it's not happening. People are sheep.
Me, I'm not buying Injustice.
I agree with GLoRToR. Everyone in the MK community needs to boycott Injustice, and the next MK game. Them losing a massive ~1% of their sales will really show them we mean business!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Thank you for demonstrating.
I demonstrated the "It's not happening" part. While I do agree most people in this world follow the crowd and are "sheep", I don't think it matters in this case. Unless casual players (NRS's core demographic) decide to follow the competitive players, boycotting won't do much. And there's no way they (casual players) will ever care enough to do much of anything. This isn't to say casual players are lazy or lack determination or anything like that, but that casual players don't have a vested interest in the balance and competitiveness of the game. In fact, it's more entertaining to a casual player (usually) if a game is whacky and broken so that it requires less skill to win. This is why there's such a sudden decline in the skill level in EVERY new game that comes out, not just MK games or even fighting games.

Anyway, enough ranting.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I demonstrated the "It's not happening" part.
Exactly.

While I do agree most people in this world follow the crowd and are "sheep"
Let's not say "most people", let's just say "a lot of people in general" so that we don't fall into statistical traps.

I don't think it matters in this case. Unless casual players (NRS's core demographic) decide to follow the competitive players, boycotting won't do much. And there's no way they (casual players) will ever care enough to do much of anything. This isn't to say casual players are lazy or lack determination or anything like that, but that casual players don't have a vested interest in the balance and competitiveness of the game. In fact, it's more entertaining to a casual player (usually) if a game is whacky and broken so that it requires less skill to win. This is why there's such a sudden decline in the skill level in EVERY new game that comes out, not just MK games or even fighting games.
The only part I truly disagree with here, is that if a game is broken and it requires less skill to win, it's a good thing.
I think that if a game is balanced to the point where it doesn't matter which character you pick, casual players who do not have the willingness to memorize each character's individual frame data for optimal performance can enjoy a more authentic experience by not feeling helpless at being trashed via glitches, resets, and other niche tricks that you actually need to be game-aware for, to avoid or counter.

EDIT: That said it's the entire casual policy of the console scene that would need to change radically so that:
a. Companies can patch and update their own content as they wish
b. Such content would not be obligatory to buy but it would be encouraged, such as DLC characters, clothes, other content.
c. THUS achieving a more 21st century and more user-friendly environment.

LBSH (the local cool kid shtick so I'ma use it!) - MK9 could be so much better with the rest of the MK Cast being DLC, all well-balanced fighters, released over a course of up to 3 years, bringing the company "mondo bucks" and keeping a community happy for years to come.

Anyway, enough ranting.
I hate that word. I never understood why you americans have a derogatory term for everything deep and human in nature.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Let's not say "most people", let's just say "a lot of people in general" so that we don't fall into statistical traps.
No, I'll stick with "most people". My argument? Religion. But let's not go there in this thread, lol.

The only part I truly disagree with here, is that if a game is broken and it requires less skill to win, it's a good thing.
It's a good thing and a bad thing. As far as the progression of the FGC, it's a good thing. SF4 literally revitalized the FGC. Fighting games and tournaments were pretty much dying out before SF4 came along. The thing that made it so popular was accessibility. It's a relatively easy game to learn, and the game mechanics allow a certain amount of a luck factor. This means that the skill gap between a category of player (bad, average, great, pro, etc), is significantly less than games that are harder to get into and require much more skill. Look at VF5. It's one of the best competitive fighting games out there and no one really plays it. It's not because the game isn't balanced or that the game isn't fun or that the game is bad... it's because the game isn't very accessible.

As much as I hate it, games becoming more "noob friendly" is actually a good thing in that regard. More and more people are going to play a game that they have a chance of winning in. And if the skill gap between you and a pro (more specifically average/above average to great/pro) is so large that you have nearly no chance of winning, the game won't do nearly as well as a game that's easy to play and learn and has a smaller skill gap. I hate it, as a competitive player. But as someone who's in the FGC and wants it to someday be as big as Poker has gotten, I love it. If we want progression, if we want bigger entrants, and ultimately a bigger prize pool, that's the direction games need to head... as unfortunate as that is.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Again, accessibility, as you call it, doesn't contradict fairness. It in fact is a form of fairness. What I advocate against is that there are "tier lists".
Have six fighters in a fighting game for all I care, but make them all able to win against one another and give none of them any game breaking crap.