What's new

mk9 vita players, what other games are you playing?

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
so sfxtk is buy one get one until Tuesday, are you gonna check it out as well? I have a feeling PSABR is gonna be fun man
I dunno about SFXTK. Ive never been a big fan of SF's inputs for specials.. Maybe that is because I have no idea how to do them right. All i see in the moves list is a squiggly line and Fierce punch or something. Haha, i dunno man I just dont get it. Playstation allstars.. thats pretty easy to get LOL.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I dunno about SFXTK. Ive never been a big fan of SF's inputs for specials.. Maybe that is because I have no idea how to do them right. All i see in the moves list is a squiggly line and Fierce punch or something. Haha, i dunno man I just dont get it. Playstation allstars.. thats pretty easy to get LOL.
really lol... They are not that different from MK. They are mostly Down, Forward similar to sub ice ball. Some are Forward,Down,Forward (dragon punch). I'll admit the notation for the dragon punch is weird as the final/last Forward input is often displayed as a diagonal down arrow lol. One thing for sure when it comes to inputs like that I can't do them to save my life on a stick :(

styroteqe

Space Jockey
The control on the vita is not friendly at all for SFxTK :( pressing L+R trigger for the launcher is a 3/10 for me. What's your button layout for the vita?

As for SFxTK I really don't see why there is a lot of hatred towards that game. It seems really fun :)
Ahh, see I play w/ the same layout I've been rocking since SNES SF2, which uses L+R for Strong and Forward. So L+R is my swap/tag. However, it does seem to miss the input sometimes. Same thing happened for me on PS3, though. I always thought it was because there was some element of the game I missed.. like how you can't tag while getting hit, I thought maybe there were other rules as well? As far as special moves go, the controls are fairly good, though I whiff at times. The d-pad on the Vita is pretty great overall, though.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Ahh, see I play w/ the same layout I've been rocking since SNES SF2, which uses L+R for Strong and Forward. So L+R is my swap/tag. However, it does seem to miss the input sometimes. Same thing happened for me on PS3, though. I always thought it was because there was some element of the game I missed.. like how you can't tag while getting hit, I thought maybe there were other rules as well? As far as special moves go, the controls are fairly good, though I whiff at times. The d-pad on the Vita is pretty great overall, though.
Ah ok. My layout is similar to your but I had to customize some of the on-screen buttons to make things easier. Here is my on-screen layout:
[1] 3x punch
[3] 3x Kick
[2] quick combo 2 (launches at the end)
[4] Launcher (seems hitting the L + R is not working for me at the moment)

I never liked street fighter because it looks too animated. At least MK has human proportions down. And you get to do a fatality to pour the salt on.

Idk if SF rates how you fought like Soul caliber does, or if it has some other stupid gimmick on the end but i just don't like it.

That said, if PS ASBR has any mk characters, I'd get it. If not, nope nope nope

Goldi

Noob
I just picked up Silent Hill. But I branded my D pad thumb with a hot glue gun the day before it came out. :(

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Any music game fans heard of this?

I plan on getting it when i can get a Vita.
Man I wish they would port clazziquai edition to the PS Store. That's my favorite so for. I dont like DJ Max Portable 3 at all. I honestly regret buying it :( This one looks promising base on the gameplay. I see that they took a whole different approach. Im not a big fan of it yet

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I know I played Fever for countless hours and this one looks like it would be a lot more challenging.

I'm not a fan of those 8B triggers so this interesting approach looks really fun.