What's new

mk9 vita players, what other games are you playing?

Matix218

Get over here!
Most of us on this site that have vita obviously bought it for mk9. I was just wondering what other games you guys have for vita are and what you think of them? I personally (besides mk9) have uncharted and hot shots golf both of which are very good and I highly recommend them

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
My Vita games
- Escape Plan this one can be frustrating at times but it's fun and different
- Unit 13 (2 player co-op) Can't really rec0mmend it given that Resistance is coming out soon)
- MK9 (obviously)
- Mutant Blobs Attack (surprisingly the cheapest at $7.99 and the most fun out of all my games HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
- Super Stardust Delta (I recommend this one too)
- Plants vs Zombies (still ashamed for paying $15 after having it for my ipod and ipad :()
- A friend of mine let me borrow uncharted but that got put on hold because of MK lol
- and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker as my PSP game.

I dont know if you know this, but when playing a psp game, you can touch the screen for 4-5 sec and a menu will come up that will allow you to set the face button, dpad to the right Analog stick. So you can turn the right stick into a true camera view option. That's the only reason im actually playing my old PSP games (monster hunter etc)

I have to second the recommendation on mutant blobs attack and super stardust. Mutant blobs is an outstanding game, that is polished and innovative. They could have charged twice what they are asking.

I also have:
Escape Plan, motor storm rc (it's free), and ninja gaiden sigma plus. I was always a fan of the original ng, and on vita it's great.

I have pre-ordered: Resistance: Burning Skies and Metal Gear Solid HD collection.

I want: Rayman Revolutions, and ashamedly, Plants vs Zombies

RagingGulaman

Raging Of The Sub Zero
i only play mortal kombat for the vita and unit 13 but im going to trade this game for resistance and i have ninja gaiden sigma plus and ultimate marvel vs capcom 3

After playing the resistance demo, I decided not to get it. I have been out of first person games for a long time, they just have not done it for me. It does not seem to be a bad game though, and people who are into FPS should like it, but 15 minutes of the demo was enough to remind me why I left first person games long ago.

After playing the resistance demo, I decided not to get it. I have been out of first person games for a long time, they just have not done it for me. It does not seem to be a bad game though, and people who are into FPS should like it, but 15 minutes of the demo was enough to remind me why I left first person games long ago.
shooters on the vita feel weird. Maybe it's just me, but with the smaller screen, it's just too much pressure for me to aim. The screen's smaller, the buttons smaller, it's just too much pressure for me, so I lay off the shooter games. Uncharted on the vita is beautiful, but shooting on it requires way more work than usual in my opinion. Same for unit 13.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
My Vita games
- Unit 13 (2 player co-op) Can't really rec0mmend it given that Resistance is coming ou
- and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker as my PSP game.

I dont know if you know this, but when playing a psp game, you can touch the screen for 4-5 sec and a menu will come up that will allow you to set the face button, dpad to the right Analog stick. So you can turn the right stick into a true camera view option. That's the only reason im actually playing my old PSP games (monster hunter etc)
Yeah, the dual analog emulation is pretty leet. How did you get MGS:pW onto your Vita? Did you have to purchase it on your PS3 and then transfer? Doesn't show in the PSN store for me. I have the UMD for PSP too since I'm a Kojima fanatic, but would love to play that on me Vita, especially since it's not in the collection for some dumb reason.

Unit 13 is whack.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
Just MK and Super Stardust Delta really.

Tried to Unit 13 demo, game is kinda meh. Resistance demo seems cool, might grab that. Definitely picking up MGS HD Collection today, even though I already own it for PS3 and 360.. lulz. Kinda looking forward to SFXT, wishing they'd port Third Strike:Online Edition.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Just MK and Super Stardust Delta really.

Tried to Unit 13 demo, game is kinda meh. Resistance demo seems cool, might grab that. Definitely picking up MGS HD Collection today, even though I already own it for PS3 and 360.. lulz. Kinda looking forward to SFXT, wishing they'd port Third Strike:Online Edition.
Picked up Gravity Rush today over MGS HD Collection bc I already beat 1 and 2. I kinda hoping capcom would come out with SSF4 so I train on the go. There's an xbox 360 with SSF4 at work and I'm getting owned :-(

Deciding whether or not I should get Gravity Rush or MGS HD Collection. Haven't played MGS2 or 3 so I'm leaning towards that. The Gravity Rush demo was pretty cool, but I heard it gets pretty redundant after a while.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Deciding whether or not I should get Gravity Rush or MGS HD Collection. Haven't played MGS2 or 3 so I'm leaning towards that. The Gravity Rush demo was pretty cool, but I heard it gets pretty redundant after a while.
Hmm you can never go wrong with MGS, especially 3. MGS 3 is still my favorite hehe. Gravity Rush is different and fresh. That's the only reason i'm picking it up over MGS. Otherwise I wouldnt mind hunting for food in the jungle again lol

Hmm you can never go wrong with MGS, especially 3. MGS 3 is still my favorite hehe. Gravity Rush is different and fresh. That's the only reason i'm picking it up over MGS. Otherwise I wouldnt mind hunting for food in the jungle again lol
Yeah, I definitely will pick up Gravity Rush at some point, but I heard it is around 10 hours with no New Story + compared to 50+ hours of MGS in the collection lol. I played MGS 1 and PW, so I'll probably pick up MGS today.

Have fun with Gravity Rush and let me know how it is :)

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Yeah, I definitely will pick up Gravity Rush at some point, but I heard it is around 10 hours with no New Story + compared to 50+ hours of MGS in the collection lol. I played MGS 1 and PW, so I'll probably pick up MGS today.

Have fun with Gravity Rush and let me know how it is :)
oh wow I vaguely heard about the 10hrs on the IGN review but never actually put two and two together on that one :eek:. That's really short compare to MGS. I'll definitely report once i'm done wtih. I'll probably get MGS next month once im done getting 95% of MK vita trophies lol. Screw the trophy where you have to master all 32 characters lol. I'll be content with the trophy for master one :D .

styroteqe

Space Jockey
Snake Eater is awesome. Played the Gravity Rush demo but was unenthused.

oh wow I vaguely heard about the 10hrs on the IGN review but never actually put two and two together on that one :eek:. That's really short compare to MGS. I'll definitely report once i'm done wtih. I'll probably get MGS next month once im done getting 95% of MK vita trophies lol. Screw the trophy where you have to master all 32 characters lol. I'll be content with the trophy for master one :D .
Yeah that last trophy is kinda obnoxious imo lol.

Snake Eater is awesome. Played the Gravity Rush demo but was unenthused.
Once PSN updates, I'll download it :)

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Yeah that last trophy is kinda obnoxious imo lol.

Once PSN updates, I'll download it :)
BTW Escape Plan new DLC is coming out today. It's gonna be 2 cents for two week and after that it will go up to $4.99. Just wanted to share if you guys actually have this game or were interested;)

EDIT: it's 25c not 2cents. That damn article lied smh

This has to be said: SFxT is pretty tight on Vita. I have not played a SF game since the last version of 2. I tried 4 and quickly put it down. But since all of my gaming is pretty much on Vita now, I decided to try it. It's a lot of fun. I am re-learning the mechanics, and have not tried online yet but I will soon. Got to get my Juri/Bryan team in shape first. The funny thing is I am using the left analog, and it is pretty easy for fireballs and srk inputs. Bryan's face stomp super is awesome.