What's new

MK9 Tournament Online Mode

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
If you guys read the newer article interview with Shawn Himmerick that Dancock posted, it was a great read and revealed some interesting newer details like the Tournament online mode. Sounds exciting :) besides the regular match up modes, ranked and 8 player King of the hill etc

Are you guys excited about that mode? I am, first MK game to ever have an online tournament mode so I'm pumped. I know it's online, but should definitely be fun and add some replay value. What do you think?

Have a mini tournament online with your friends, sounds like fun if you want to mix it up from quick play match or ranked you know? Or KOTH 8 player

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Unneeded. Still haven't even downloaded the tournament mode for SSF4. Just give me the player match lobbies and we're good.

REO

Undead
this could turn out ok or a become total disater. you would have people randomly dropping or connections causing extra unstable lag.

i know in ssf4 i hated it, it just took way to long to play and waiting was overkill. not to mention when it became your turn and it started lagging it made you want to chuck a controller at the tv.

Tim Static

Adminerator
this could turn out ok or a become total disater. you would have people randomly dropping or connections causing extra unstable lag.

i know in ssf4 i hated it, it just took way to long to play and waiting was overkill. not to mention when it became your turn and it started lagging it made you want to chuck a controller at the tv.
regardless of how it is online, it doesnt mean shit. You either play and win money and respect OFFLINE, or, stfu.

imo

Noob
Yet another obstacle perpetuating the misconception that onilne gameplay is the best way. There's a reason why players like Daigo fly to the USA to play IN PERSON, and we send players to SBO to play IN PERSON.

There's just no comparison.

MKF30

Daigo must have money lol it costs 700 bucks round trip if not more to fly to florida from NYC and back(my friend went a lot few years ago to visit his ex-gf at the time) I can only imagine foreign internation flights consistently.

Justin Wong is american though isn't he? Or is he from Asia?

Anywho, nice posts guys. Personally I don't think it should be taken "seriously" as it's online and will have lag, people dropping etc but I think it'll add higher replay value IMO. Just think how cool it would have been for UMK3 to have this mode just for fun.

SZSR

Noob
Daigo must have money lol it costs 700 bucks round trip if not more to fly to florida from NYC and back(my friend went a lot few years ago to visit his ex-gf at the time) I can only imagine foreign internation flights consistently.

Justin Wong is american though isn't he? Or is he from Asia?

Anywho, nice posts guys. Personally I don't think it should be taken "seriously" as it's online and will have lag, people dropping etc but I think it'll add higher replay value IMO. Just think how cool it would have been for UMK3 to have this mode just for fun.
Yeah, this'll be more for casual play which is what we kinda want to support as casual gamers turn into hardcore gamers. We don't want to down on their play skills, but recommend that they can be better offline if they can.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Yeah, this'll be more for casual play which is what we kinda want to support as casual gamers turn into hardcore gamers. We don't want to down on their play skills, but recommend that they can be better offline if they can.
Well said.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I'll probably hit this up, good break from the generic king of the hill lobby once in a while

MKF30

I'll probably hit this up, good break from the generic king of the hill lobby once in a while
Exactly ^ :) Plus if you can get a few friends up to 8 I'm assuming at least it'll be cool pretty neat I think.

MKF30

I just have SF4 normal, not SSF4 that tournament mode wasn't in SF4 was it?

But yeah, I'm also looking forward to it :)