What's new

MK4 vs MK Gold

Mgo

Noob
I have two questions, one is what game is better between these two, and the other is : there is a know way to play mk gold online?

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
well mkgold is just the broken version of mk4. Unfortunately there is no way to play it online :/

Last edited:

ded

Elder God
MK4 for Arcade is way better than MK Gold. From graphics (imagine ZEUS with HLSL in 1997) to gameplay, there is no need to compare them. However, as MK4 Arcade is not yet emulated, I would advise to play the Europe version of MKGold (2.0 with the fixed stuff), as it runs smoother and is slower.

I've read some stuff about NullDC online, but have not tested that unfortunately:
http://www.suitgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2654

*PS - The newer versions of NullDC have weird crackle when you perform some of the fatalities and/or special moves where there is a lot of blood, however, I remember NullDC gets frozen after 1-2 hours of playing if there is PAD attached in the old versions where the sound was ok. Not sure if they fixed that in the newer releases.

Last edited:

Mgo

Noob
Where I found that version, and whats the best emu? I tried null dc 1.0.4 2010 (last version?) and there is alot of slow downs and some graphic glitches (specially the sektor fire fatality haha) There is another called demul but couldn't start it

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Where I found that version, and whats the best emu? I tried null dc 1.0.4 and there is alot of slow downs and some graphic glitches (specially the sektor fire fatality haha) There is another called demul but couldn't start it
Honestly your best bet is just getting a dreamcast and burning the game to a disc because DCEmulation is not very good right now.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
MK4, that broken beautiful mess of a game, I've got the PC version on my hdd somewhere, dunno if anyone figured out how to do online play like they did with GGX2.

Mgo

Noob
I am using nullDC 1.0.0 beta 1.6 for all my combo videos. My advice would be to skip the PC version as it is the worst from the home ports.
didn't know gold was on pc.. i will search that emu, and how i found the rom you said on previous posts?..and btw what combo videos you did on gold, I may like to watch?

Last edited:

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
didn't know gold was on pc.. i will search that emu, and how i found the rom you said on previous posts?..and btw what combo videos you did on gold?
Nah Gold was never on PC, just the regular version... WAIT a second... CONSPIRACY TIME!!!
MKX is a retelling of MK4's storyline and MK4 Gold was never ported on PC so MKXL on PC WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!
Curse you Ed Boon !!!!!!!!!

ded

Elder God
Yep, MKG is exclusive for DC. I meant to skip the PC port of MK4, since it is the worst. You can check those combo vids:
insert after http://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=Fev06S17mBQ
watch?v=xSUZALE56xs

and few short clips of mine:

watch?v=5Ik1Bqy6urI
watch?v=jUPEg-PIqdw
watch?v=1YKOVvXPDE0
watch?v=s4XQEHxGa1w
watch?v=P-_BU0WX6Ac
watch?v=atAsbbz-Rnk

this was for n64 mk4, but still worth a shot:
watch?v=QYU7OrStxQM

Last edited:

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Yep, MKG is exclusive for DC. I meant to skip the PC port of MK4, since it is the worst. You can check those combo vids:
watch?v=Fev06S17mBQ
watch?v=xSUZALE56xs

and few short clips of mine:

watch?v=5Ik1Bqy6urI
watch?v=jUPEg-PIqdw
watch?v=1YKOVvXPDE0
watch?v=s4XQEHxGa1w
watch?v=P-_BU0WX6Ac
watch?v=atAsbbz-Rnk

this was for n64 mk4, but still worth a shot:
watch?v=QYU7OrStxQM
That is some amazing stuff man. Just one question since we are here talking about combos^^
Does maximum damage not effect those auto combos ? Are they also included in vanilla mk4?

Reactions: ded

ded

Elder God
if max damage is turned on, you will get pushed away after 40%+, however, i disabled it to take full 100% damage. using Jax's weapon you can get max damage inf/100% with almost every character tho. they are also included in all versions of mk4 (except gbc) and the sujk infinite is way easier on arcade.

Mgo

Noob
That was cool stuff...I liked more your first link, nice combos for every char and music...I don't know why I never pay atention to this game but for mk4...looks like a good idea from Midway, maybe they can do a little better update but this is not bad...maybe adding and ermac and kabal hehe..JK.. PS. haha that red rain

I will download that emu version and rom 2.0 (if I found)

dubson

Noob
I would advise to play the Europe version of MKGold (2.0 with the fixed stuff), as it runs smoother and is slower.
The European version of MK Gold is superior to the NTSC? In that it runs better/more accurate to arcade speed of MK4?

Last edited:

Mgo

Noob
The European version of MK Gold is superior to the American? In that it runs better/more accurate to arcade speed of MK4?
I didnt found a european 2.0 version. But one called "1.006 Pal" Dont know if is the same. As for that version emulator , I download but don't open

ded

Elder God
@Mgo you need bootable bios. try emuparadise.

also, all home ports have horrible graphics (why Eurocom could not port it to pc decently using 3dfx at the time is a mystery to me). however, the n64 is the least ugly to look at...

ded

Elder God
most probably, because they dont have zeus/zeus 2 architecture anymore... we will have to wait for aaron from mame team to emu it somehow.