What's new

MK4 Character Guides

ded

Elder God
HK, HK, nano pause, UpxHK (like glitch cancel), HK, etc..

it works only with Fujin, Jarek and Sonya, also hanzo will know better than me how to do it easier on arcade

lol @ Shinnok with weapon "LP LP LP 3 hits 60%"

3 hits and its 60 percent O.O From what I see in all the char guides, the weapons are seriously broken.

I wonder what combos are possible if you give your character another characters weapon? Would anything change?

MKK hanzo

The game becomes severely unbalanced. A deadly characters becomes even more deadly. Examples: Fujin/Scorp with jarek wpn.

Igor

Noob
WOW didn't know about that weapon infinite
it takes just a Pop up combo to do it.... so broken :shock:

MKK hanzo

There can be endless combinations literally. When I began working in combo vids I sent shock a long time ago my very first combo vid. It was a Scorpion only vid featuring more than 80 different combos with his default weapon and with almost every finisher or setup (of course now there are new stuff) and I began realizing that It could be an endless work to do/find combo vids with weapon mixtures and so. That is why I talked to Ded_ and we both agree to do the gameplay guides and just do a brief default character weapon explanation and talk about it (the weapon) in general words, I mean, only the basic moves and universal properties of each. It would have been TOO MUCH typing what weapon can do with each character and so. BTW that was the motif of a fight in the MKK forums with a member called FrozenWorm.

ZAQ

Noob
All I really remember about the weapons in this game is I loved Raidens hammer, Subs Ice Staff and Fujins crossbow.

MKK hanzo

I never thought of the JLK after the LK throw. great strategy.
And if you got your Wpn in hand, JLP after the Lk throw is more damaging but can be punished if blocked.

Off: Whats up with that song? I dont get the joke... My english isnt that good.

hanzo can you give me link to your first first combo video with scorp. i have another question.lp,lp,lp with shinnok's wepon is it blockable or players cant block it

than why dont write aalp aonther combo
hphphk d+hp [raiden morph] aahp jhphk torpedo
hphphk d+hp [sub zero morph] aaice clone sujk hphphk d+hp...

ded

Elder God
because we cant list everything like combinations and variations, we just listed the most basic and the most effective juggles/tips/strats, its good you find new stuff that you can use in a match or vs cpu, but dont expect us to add them to the already writen guides, if something new extremely broken or effective in the actual gameplay is found, then we might add it and change some stuff.

its unblockable if done as anti air, not only unblockable - its an infinite
i'd asked because this post but you dont write it in combo i'd thought that it can be make when oponent is on the ground

I want to know if this Liu Kang combo I discovered is blockable.

Corner Setup, Opponent all the way in the corner.

jHK, Flying Kick, (land on otherside and take slight step forward), Popup, aaHP, jHK, Flyingkick 48%

When you do the first flying kick it puts you on the otherside of your opponent and you can do the popup combo as they are in their animations of falling to the ground. I take a slight step forward before the Popup so I don't get reverse "pushback". I just want to know if it is blockable going directly from flying kick to popup in the corner.

I also discovered this, Popup, aaHPHP,jHK, Flying Kick/Bike Kick. :D (i forget percentage)

This is what i advanced today.

Corner Setup
Popup, aaHPHP,Bicyclekick,aaHP,Flyingkick 40% max damage

Popup, aaHP, jHPHK,Air Fireball 36%

I guess you could probably get 2 aaHP's on the fireball one but i haven't landed it yet.

Nope, Other then reading a few lines. I'll check out combos that have been written later. Right now, I am having fun exploring this game I have hardly touched in years, on my own.