What's new

MK2 MOST WANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
MKillBill

I thought about that......but how believable would it be Bill?
Girard aka MK_Prophet "4 streaked" me on a video he put on youtube months ago.
In actuality it was a set of 30 matches where he won 4 total, and spliced the wins together.
Just warning you... since MKAK doesn't show streaks, this seems a little easy to manipulate.

Reactions: MKB

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Turn the random select rule around and I'll gladly test my fundamentals in MK2 vs all the ones listed on PS3, got MKAK and the original MK2 download.

TBH it should be made like that because LBSH, who the hell is gonna be attracted to MK2 with this challenge? Equivalent of random selecting REO's Kabal.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
**looks at the updated list**

Seeing as how nobody is going to accept a random, sneaky invite from an unknown alternate assailant... Calling out mortal_jason. Looks like he is going to have a ton of people after him now, lol. Also calling out btbb99. Let's have some good matches, guys.
Someone your level has a great chance vs the guys on the list. What I said was, that noobs have no prayer.
Anyway... pretty sure I'll get sick of using my best fighters after about 10-20 matches...

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Ththuvhul, You should probably mandate a minimum number of games to ensure that players on this list don't run when they see they are getting beat (10 sounds reasonable.) If the player leaves mid-match, the "hunter" would not get the gift card by default, but instead I think the quitter should have their name removed from the list. I'm also still very skeptical about the matches being played in any other way than via private match, but we'll let this play out and see what happens.

mortal_jason, Yeah I'd agree that noobs probably don't have a shot at knocking off players on this list unless the rules are changed a bit. We'll see what happens.

Turn the random select rule around and I'll gladly test my fundamentals in MK2 vs all the ones listed on PS3, got MKAK and the original MK2 download.

TBH it should be made like that because LBSH, who the hell is gonna be attracted to MK2 with this challenge? Equivalent of random selecting REO's Kabal.
That's a good point, but the problem with MK2 is that there are several very lopsided matchups. Possible 10-0 matchups. I don't think ththuvhul wants to start handing out gift cards just because someone on the list got unlucky randoming. I think the best thing would be to just keep it free select for both, but it's up to ththuvhul.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
How believable is it?
It looks pretty legit to me, but I know he never 4 streaked me.
Also, when I'm playing a set vs someone and winning every match, and then I lose one, I almost always pick that same character that I lost with again. On his video, I used a different character every time. Dead giveaway...

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
That's a good point, but the problem with MK2 is that there are several very lopsided matchups. Possible 10-0 matchups. I don't think ththuvhul wants to start handing out gift cards just because someone on the list got unlucky randoming. I think the best thing would be to just keep it free select for both, but it's up to ththuvhul.
If it's free select, we'll just be facing Mileena every match til someone streaks us.
I know how much you'd love putting up with that : P

It looks pretty legit to me, but I know he never 4 streaked me.
Also, when I'm playing a set vs someone and winning every match, and then I lose one, I almost always pick that same character that I lost with again. On his video, I used a different character every time. Dead giveaway...
Girard's video looked perfect to me. I would have never known the difference if you hadn't told me it was fake.

If it's free select, we'll just be facing Mileena every match til someone streaks us.
I know how much you'd love putting up with that : P
So what would you suggest to keep it interesting, allow mid level players to have a chance, and all while minimizing ththuvhul's risk?

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
So what would you suggest to keep it interesting, allow mid level players to have a chance, and all while minimizing ththuvhul's risk?
Keep it the same, making them random, while we can pick whomever.
It will make people have to earn those gift cards.
Noobs will have to practice up, and possibly get addicted to what has become a very OVERLOOKED game :(

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Keep it the same, making them random, while we can pick whomever.
It will make people have to earn those gift cards.
Noobs will have to practice up, and possibly get addicted to what has become a very OVERLOOKED game :(
No, noobs will say, fuck it, there are better games out there and 50 bucks aint worth this.

Ththuvhul, I'm also still very skeptical about the matches being played in any other way than via private match, but we'll let this play out and see what happens.
I agree. It would be almost impossible for someone to randomly run into us, happen to be player 1, and already be set up to record. Most people only play ranked, so the challengers will never have the opportunity to document a legit 3 streak. This thread just needs to serve as a challenge thread.

No, noobs will say, fuck it, there are better games out there and 50 bucks aint worth this.
You're probably right about this too. On the flip side, if he makes the challenge too easy, then people will just stop by to collect their gift card never to be seen again.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You're probably right about this too. On the flip side, if he makes the challenge too easy, then people will just stop by to collect their gift card never to be seen again.
That's why an even ground is better, even 7 3 matchups will be easily won by the more skilled people, just don't let anyone use a char with a 8-2 MU or worse.

That's why an even ground is better, even 7 3 matchups will be easily won by the more skilled people, just don't let anyone use a char with a 8-2 MU or worse.
So basically we would have to ban Liu, Mileena, and Jax. That's an idea. I think it would still be very challenging for people to beat the listed players if they randomed, while the challenger picked anyone but the top 3 characters.

Reactions: MKB

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So basically we would have to ban Liu, Mileena, and Jax. That's an idea. I think it would still be very challenging for people to beat the listed players if they randomed, while the challenger picked anyone but the top 3 characters.
The overall idea boils down to this

Random = Ain't nobody got time to play months just so they can random select some pro and still lose

No horrible matchups = People got a chance, newbies in particular can have an easier time playing vs someone and learning the game

Free pick= No newbies attracted because it's too easy to counterpick

I'll say this though, there is no reason to offer giftcards if you're gonna make this

A) Public instead of refering to a particular MK community
B) Unwinnable by noobs who may or not be interested in the game

If anyone is gonna beat these pros it will be someone with actual fundamentals and backed up by a good matchup, no fundamentals, no victory. Fundamentals also mean that person plays fighting games and that's the audience OP is looking for, noobs will have a hard time winning even 9 1 matchups and are mostly casual scrubs.

Billy Bats just tortured me, but I almost got 3 on him and took him out TONIGHT. There are quite a few players better than me. We'll see what happens. I know that things are tough with recording. Is there a way something can be put in a video to show it wasnt spliced and make this mandatory? trying to think here.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I'm ok with not using high tier. I use fuckin' reptile and scorpion. And Qwark, you're right...I'm a casual scrub...but I'm trying. ;_;

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I can see where Qwark28 is coming from in that noob's will be disinterested in trying after a couple times unless they have a solid background. I also understand Ththuvhul keeping the rules the way they are. He wants to protect himself from paying out the cards too easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.