What's new

MK2 League With Ranking Points- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I know! No one can jump out of my JK to ground freeze (except for Kang/ Lao)! She must be just hammering jump because I know for a fact if you just hold jump your never going to get out of my ground freeze!
The girls can jump out of the ground freeze almost every time.
I think if you time his JK/ground freeze absolutely perfect, that's the only way the girls can't jump off.

I know! No one can jump out of my JK to ground freeze (except for Kang/ Lao)! She must be just hammering jump because I know for a fact if you just hold jump your never going to get out of my ground freeze!
ZAQ Do you have some insight on this? Can certain characters escape Sub's jk to ground freeze combo easier because their falling animation is faster?

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
From what I saw you weren't close enough for it to work on a female ninja after a jk. You should make your jk as deep as possible and cancel into the special as soon as you can. Raiden also has some weird puddle avoidance technology too. I've never really tested it too much because Sub is already a pretty bad character and nobody really used him a lot vs me for me to learn it. I always guessed that it was the female sprite properties.
"Sub is already a pretty bad character" huh? Sign up for the league and i'll show you how bad Sub is!

Reactions: ZAQ
"Sub is already a pretty bad character" huh? Sign up for the league and i'll show you how bad Sub is!
Lol Zaq is right... he wasn't trying to offend you. Tier is tier though. A player of equal skill to yours using Mileena will beat your sub zero 6 or 7 times out of 10 (can't remember the numbers). I play reptile a lot I feel your pain trust me.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Lol Zaq is right... he wasn't trying to offend you. Tier is tier though. A player of equal skill to yours using Mileena will beat your sub zero 6 or 7 times out of 10 (can't remember the numbers). I play reptile a lot I feel your pain trust me.
yeah I know, Jason and Mike will beat me 9 or 10 out of 10 with Mil. But for some reason I would rather lose with Sub then win with Mileena, everytime I win with Mileena I think to myself "well, I had the advantage so I won," but with Sub I feel like I actually earn the win and it's much more satisfying.
and your Rep is a badass! I love winning and losing against a good Rep!

yeah I know, Jason and Mike will beat me 9 or 10 out of 10 with Mil. But for some reason I would rather lose with Sub then win with Mileena, everytime I win with Mileena I think to myself "well, I had the advantage so I won," but with Sub I feel like I actually earn the win and it's much more satisfying.
and your Rep is a badass! I love winning and losing against a good Rep!
I've discussed this topic with people before. Some guys intentionally choose a low tier character so they can downplay their losses, but boast about their wins. It's a lose/lose situation for their opponent. I admit that I have done this in the past, but I don't think it was a good attitude to have. I know you genuinely like using Sub, but you obviously have a little of that low tier warrior mentality.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I just pick the characters I'm good with and don't worry about the 'tier' crap. Never even really took the time to understand what it means.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Hey guys instead of discussing, how's about we PLAY instead?

That said, heads up YourMKArcadeSource, Sub0's-Icy-Balls, and all others interested in the MK2 League....

I'm going to change the format a little bit to make it more league-like, and fair...

It will now be run so that every month you play each person in the league one time.
Hopefully we can get more than 4 people signed up, then this can really get interesting.
Spread the word!

Also, when you want a match, you don't have to contact me.
Simply contact your opponent, and send each other your "Battle Plans".
MAKE SURE you send your opponent your Battle Plan before looking at theirs.
We're all pretty friendly here, and I think we can work it this way.
Post your results in this thread, and I will award the points.

As it was, I didn't feel right about you guys getting a random match up, where as I got to pick who I wanted to play. This will eliminate that, and make it more fun as we're assured variety of opponents!

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

I know! Fucking lameasses, they even bitch about the free giftcards they can win if they beat us! I mean c'mon, it's a fun game just play already!

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Oh come on, you went 2-3 vs Icy when you played him, and his Sub and Shang are damn good.
You'll get better as you play different people too! I'm curious how my sister will fare vs you.
totally! Arcade source beat me 2 times! I totally wasn't expecting his style of play, I'm so used to the players that I face night after night that when someone shakes things up a bit I totally lose a few!

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Just got done battling mortal_jason. I got raped. Probably could have done better if I had just closed my eyes the whole time. Anyway, here are the results.

1. Kitana vs Sub
  2. Mileena vs Shang
  3. Johnny Cage vs Baraka
  4. Baraka vs Scorpion
  5. Kitana vs Jax

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
GGs. You got me with a bunch of uppercuts there that caught me by surprise.
It's gotta be hard adjusting from the arcade controls to PS3. You did pretty well, just keep at it.

I'm really interested to see how you do vs my sister. She's a tricky little turtler.
Maybe you guys can play tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.