4. u_lost_2_a_girl
10 POINTS

5. YourMKArcadeSource
9 POINTS

6. Kraptile
0 POINTS

7. The_Mandarin
0 POINTS

Link to detailed League results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgsR9BIs562fdFRCRzZGXzZ6ZlEwR25TZzhLUDdOcVE#gid=0

Welcome to the Mortal Kombat 2 "Battle Plan" League!
Here's how it works:

• Each Battle will consist of 5 matches.
  • Post in this thread stating that you wish to enter the league.
  • Contact one of the other players in the league through TYM or ps3.
  • You will both choose your roster of 5 characters, your "Battle Plan" as it were, and send it to each other, numbered #1-5. Your roster can be changed for each league match- it is not set in stone (See my example in the next post).
  • MAKE SURE you send your opponent your Battle Plan before you read theirs!
  • Your #1 plays their #1, and likewise all the way through to #5.
  • Afterwards, post the winner of each match in this thread.
  • Ranking points will be given out for matches won, and Standings will be updated regularly in this thread. I will also post a link to a Spreadsheet with all results.
OG MK2 and MKAK's rating systems have always been a joke. This system will strive for fairness, and reward players for supporting the MK2 community by being active. It also will reward you for winning with more than just the best fighters in the game. Here is how this ranking system works:

• 1 POINT: WIN WITH MILEENA, JAX, OR LIU KANG (TOP TIER)
  • 2 POINTS: WIN WITH KUNG LAO, KITANA, SHANG TSUNG, RAIDEN, BARAKA, OR SCORPION (MID TIER)
  • 3 POINTS: WIN WITH JOHNNY CAGE, SUB-ZERO, OR REPTILE
    (BOTTOM TIER)
RULES:
  • USA, Canada, and Mexico players only (because of lag issues).
  • Matches will be played on PS3 MKAK (MK Arcade Kollection), unless otherwise agreed upon by both parties (og MK2, MAME, etc are also options).
  • You have complete freedom in choosing your Battle Plan. Pick Liu Kang for all 5 spots on your Roster if you want. But remember a win with Sub-Zero is worth more than a win with Liu. Is the reward worth the risk?
  • You're allowed to play each opponent ONCE a month.
  • If lag makes it unplayable, you must stop play IMMEDIATELY after the 1st Round of the 1st Match. The MKAK server is spotty, so if this happens, set up another time to play your opponent. Lag is part of the online experience, and this is an online league. So while it sucks, try to play through it!
  • If a connection drops mid-match, restart that particular match from the beginning. Report any suspicious connection drops.
  • Once at least 10 players have each played 1 league match, Bonus Points will be in effect.
  • Bonus Points: If you are not ranked in the Top 3, and you win a match vs a Top 3 player, points are DOUBLED for all your wins vs them.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Here is an example of how it will work:

PLAYER 1 sends PLAYER 2 their Battle Plan of:

1. Baraka
  2. Liu Kang
  3. Mileena
  4. Reptile
  5. Sub-Zero
WITHOUT LOOKING, PLAYER 2 sends PLAYER 1 their Battle Plan roster of:

1. Kung Lao
  2. Raiden
  3. Raiden
  4. Shang Tsung
  5. Sub-Zero

The match line up then would be:
P1 vs P2​
  1. Baraka vs Kung Lao
  2. Liu Kang vs Raiden
  3. Mileena vs Raiden
  4. Reptile vs Shang Tsung
  5. Sub-Zero vs Sub-Zero

LEAGUE SIGN-UP(open to any number of players!)
    1. mortal_jason
    2. u_lost_2_a_girl
    3. Sub0's-Icy-Balls
    4. YourMKArcadeSource
    5. GingerMagic
    6. Kraptile
    7. The_Mandarin
    8. (open)
    9. (open)
    10. (open)
    11. (open)
    12. (open)
    13. (open)
    14. (open)
    15. (open)
    16. (open)

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Our first league match is all set!

P1: Sub0's-Icy-Balls vs. P2: YourMKArcadeSource

P1 vs. P2
1. Shang vs. Sub-Zero
2. Shang vs. Raiden
3. Sub-Zero vs. Reptile
4. Shang vs. Baraka
5. Sub-Zero vs. Kitana

Contact each other, play your matches as soon as you can, then report the scores back on here.
I'll compile your rank points once you do!

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
YES! MKArcade source is going to record. If everyone can record their matches this will be a much more entertaining league! It will be like tournament day every week!

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Well. I lost 2-3. Kitana is the worst against a good Sub player. There's nothing I could have done. He had perfect timing with the "jump kick into ground freeze." I couldn't jump out of a damn one, lol. Oh well. GGS to Sub0's-Icy-Balls. Matches uploading shortly...

P1: @Sub0's-Icy-Balls vs. P2: @YourMKArcadeSource
P1 vs. P2
1. Shang vs. Sub-Zero
2. Shang vs. Raiden
3. Sub-Zero vs. Reptile
4. Shang vs. Baraka
5. Sub-Zero vs. Kitana

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Well. I lost 2-3. Kitana is the worst against a good Sub player. There's nothing I could have done. He had perfect timing with the "jump kick into ground freeze." I couldn't jump out of a damn one, lol. Oh well. GGS to Sub0's-Icy-Balls. Matches uploading shortly..
P1 vs. P2
A good Sub-Zero is definitely tricky for Kitana. You really have to find ways to get in and jab him to death. Icy Balls is quite good at keeping her away from his Sub though!

Official scoreboard will be up in a few minutes!
Hoping to find a way to make the scoreboard look better, and include points, Battles played, etc....

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I'm trying to upload the matches but YouTube is running incredibly slow for some reason. My upload speed is about 20k per second. It's not me. It's YouTube.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
My sister just played Sub0's, really fun matches, I hope he recorded!
Sub0 lost the battle but won the war- he won 2 matches with low-tier Sub-Zero.
Overall 6 points go to him, 4 points to my sister u_lost_2_a_girl

P1: u_lost_2_a_girl vs. P2: Sub0's-Icy-Balls

1. Mileena vs. Sub-Zero
2. Kitana vs. Sub-Zero
3. Mileena vs. Sub-Zero
4. Kitana vs. Sub-Zero
5. Mileena vs. vs. Sub-Zero

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

yeah that was one I hadn't seen before, I usually see the opposite where you would have landed the jumpkick even though you were completely over my head, happens a lot with Shang.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

and how the hell can she jump out of my ground freezes EVERY time!?!? I had a few of those in so damn deep and still she gets out! I was so upset!

Status
Not open for further replies.