What's new

MK2 Draft tournament

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
@dubson I cant get on tonight because my wife isnt giving up the TV. For the sake of getting this tournament over with, let's just run with the score you got with Jason, I'll play Kaz as soon as I possibly can and then Jason can play the winner and we can move on.

dubson

Noob
I don't see why this has to be over so fast but whatever. Whatever JASON wants.

Do this again please.. and one night next time...

Last edited:

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Bro can we please calm it down? Are you afraid of Kaz team or something? Just drop out with the best record and try and run with that instead of fighting through the finals for first place champion? Wouldn't both be sweeter anyway? If you were me, in my shoes, wouldn't you want your equal right to the trophy? I think You would be pretty heated in my situation right now, wouldn't you?

Where's the classiness bro? Everyone here knows your the best player in the tournament and are most likely going to win it. We all knew that entering the tournament when we saw your name on the sign up sheet but still decided to join?

This is just for fun. It said it could take 5 weeks right on the first post. It also does state what to do with a tiebreak, as I figured it out simply looking at the first page and I posted that about 5 posts up. I just took your word for it. It's not such big deal, this isn't Evo….

For future reference tho, I had a great time with this and think its a great idea. I think it would be more optimal as a 1 night tournament, tho… shouldn't take but 2-3 hours Max…

Also yeah, Kaz, you did log off like 3 minutes past 11… I was on at like 11:07 and Jay was on at like 11:12…

What nights from now to next Wednesday works for everyone? That's a whole week, let's all set a day and time? Majority will just rule if it becomes too difficult with everyones schedule?
The only team I'm afraid of is Team Lag haha.
I've been looking forward to a rematch with Kaz for weeks now, so yeah, definitely not "afraid" of his team.
He should win the tourney, it's Jax and Lao... I love the challenge though.

The tiebreaker rules talk about if it's 4-4 in the Semis or Finals.
Nothing about if it's tied 21-19 after round robins.
Head-to-head was the obvious tiebreaker, if you beat Bill 5-3, I would have hit him up instead.
I don't care who I face. I just was trying to speed it up.

I've been pumped up for this for many nights and was really frustrated after last night fell through, again....
Worked my ass off all day so I could get out by 11pm and get home for you guys.
Figured my irritations would be perceived as whining.

I can do any night except Tues or Wed.
Fri after 10:30pm.

Last edited:

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I don't see why this has to be over so fast but whatever. Whatever JASON wants.

Do this again please.. and one night next time...
Dude, I was trying to move the tournament along, not screw you over.
I was hoping to do what was fair.
I read the rules and the tiebreaker was only for SFs or Fs if tied @4-4.
I'm well aware how seedings work for tournaments as it's part of my job (tennis field).
Head-to-head breaks ties, I thought it would be agreed on by everyone, not make me seem like some kind of cheater.

And I said I'd possibly drop out in hopes that everyone would figure out a time this weekend to play.

DEFINITELY one-nighter tournaments only from now on.

Last edited:

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I want to make a very detailed video about the causes of online lag, but I'm afraid it will get alot of thumbs down due to reality.
I've always wanted to make a video showing the detriment of lag in gameplay.
Would love to see your video if you make one.

Last edited:
Reactions: nwo

dubson

Noob
Dude, I was trying to move the tournament along, not screw you over.
I was hoping to do what was fair.
I read the rules and the tiebreaker was only for SFs or Fs if tied @4-4.
I'm well aware how seedings work for tournaments as it's part of my job (tennis field).
Head-to-head breaks ties, I thought it would be agreed on by everyone, not make me seem like some kind of cheater.

And I said I'd possibly drop out in hopes that everyone would figure out a time this weekend to play.

DEFINITELY one-nighter tournaments only from now on.
Move it along? Ok? For what man? No money on the line, nothing. You knew it could take weeks? You already know your going to win? Cant let everyone else battle for 2-6? Or does just getting over and you getting 1st all that matters… Like I said we all still decided to join this knowing it could potentially be 5 weeks AND we saw your name on the sign up sheet. Bill and I are very close in skill, ONE match determines 4th for me, or Possibly 2nd. The rest of us in semi's are very close and we all fare much better against each other obviously than facing you. We all basically knew going in we were playing for second place. Again, not that you care.

I'd love to see how you would be acting right now in my situation. I hope you see where I'm coming from.

EDIT: Yes, head-to-head breaks ties, Unless there is a tie-breaker system already implemented… I do agree there were some "grey areas"

All this and it looks like your still going to have to wait and adding me into the mix ("square 1") would add a whole what, 5-10 min. I'm done tho. Get this thing done, you have already caused too much drama around getting this finished. It's not fun anymore.

Last edited:

Kaz

Noob
We still have 2 weeks to play it out. The tiebreaker was discussed like 5 posts down from the first post. If bill and Dubson went 4-4 and tied out of 40 then there would have to be a tiebreaker. I honestly didn't think it would happen with just 6 guys. Also I'm not a master tourny organizer I just threw it together to have fun with. I don't see why this has to be rushed through. If both players are online then get your matches in.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Move it along? Ok? For what man? No money on the line, nothing. You knew it could take weeks? You already know your going to win? Cant let everyone else battle for 2-6? Or does just getting over and you getting 1st all that matters… Like I said we all still decided to join this knowing it could potentially be 5 weeks AND we saw your name on the sign up sheet. Bill and I are very close in skill, ONE match determines 4th for me, or Possibly 2nd. The rest of us in semi's are very close and we all fare much better against each other obviously than facing you. We all basically knew going in we were playing for second place. Again, not that you care.

I'd love to see how you would be acting right now in my situation. I hope you see where I'm coming from.

EDIT: Yes, head-to-head breaks ties, Unless there is a tie-breaker system already implemented… I do agree there were some "grey areas"

All this and it looks like your still going to have to wait and adding me into the mix ("square 1") would add a whole what, 5-10 min. I'm done tho. Get this thing done, you have already caused too much drama around getting this finished. It's not fun anymore.
I've explained my points, I'm not the one causing drama.
Play your tiebreak if you insist on it. Preferably this weekend.
Only takes 2 minutes to play 1 tiebreaker match.

I have Kitana/Reptile (worst team in tournament) vs Jax/Lao (best).
Assuming I'm a sure win is ridiculous especially when I went 4-4 with Kaz in the round robin.
Also Bill has a nice Liu/Sub team. Anything could happen.

Last edited:

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Folks, I have an announcement to make - and I'm only making it here because this is the group I mainly cater to. After the conclusion of this tournament, I am going into hibernation from this site for the remainder of 2014. I will still be online on PS4/PS3. This is not the end of the road for me. I will be back, but I need to take a break.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Folks, I have an announcement to make - and I'm only making it here because this is the group I mainly cater to. After the conclusion of this tournament, I am going into hibernation from this site for the remainder of 2014. I will still be online on PS4/PS3. This is not the end of the road for me. I will be back, but I need to take a break.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You're not allowed, sorry.