What's new

MK2 Draft tournament

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Played Bill and it went 6-2 me. GGs Bill
@MKillBill and @dubson both told me Bill won 5-3 vs dubson.
That meant they were tied 21-19, but with Bill having the head-to-head win.
Figured dubson would then be the #4 seed so I played him tonight for the Semi-Final and won 7-1.
Wanted to get it in while we were both on and not go another week.
If that was incorrect somehow, we can re-do.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Played Bill and it went 6-2 me. GGs Bill
Yep confirmed. Also played Dubson and I won 5-3. Looks like I'm the 3 seed based on the head to head win vs Dubson. I'll play Kaz when I can.

Kaz

Noob
@MKillBill and @dubson both told me Bill won 5-3 vs dubson.
That meant they were tied 21-19, but with Bill having the head-to-head win.
Figured dubson would then be the #4 seed so I played him tonight for the Semi-Final and won 7-1.
Wanted to get it in while we were both on and not go another week.
If that was incorrect somehow, we can re-do.
That's cool if they're good with it

dubson

Noob
It says on the front page we should have done a tiebreaker if a tied record occurred...? didn't specify if it was for the 8 matches or overall record but it seems like it should be for both naturally ? As for example Kaz and Jason could have had a tied record for their 8 matches and someone came out 5-4 after the tiebreak, it would inflate their end score compared to everyone who didn't ever tie. IDK. @Kaz ?

Kaz

Noob
Yeah rules say one match tiebreaker, pick one of your two chars. Jason and I didn't have to since it wasn't the overall end result, if it were in semi finals or finals we would have to. Or if we tied out of the 40 matches like you and Bill did.

Kaz

Noob
That rule was talked about in the discussion but I forgot to put it in the first post. The one match won't be added to the record out of 40 but used just to determine the better seeding.

dubson

Noob
That rule was talked about in the discussion but I forgot to put it in the first post. The one match won't be added to the record out of 40 but used just to determine the better seeding.
Cool.

Mileena vs Liu I assume, @MKillBill ?

Should come down to the last hit of the last round... shit was intense/fun last night... good luck brotha!

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Well we should have finished it last night.
We all agreed I'd be home around 11pm and could do it then.

If this is not done by the weekend, I'll probably drop.
Happy with my 36-4 finish. 18-2 with lowly Reptile :)

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I didn't know dubson and bill played yesterday, then no one was on so I logged off.
They played after I got home and online at 11:10pm.
You were already gone by 11:03pm.

I searched the rules for tiebreak method in case 2 people had 21-19.
There was nothing in the rules about that instance.
Head-to-head result was the most logical, used in every kind of tournament I've ever seen.
So I played dubson, because he's a hard guy to coordinate a time to both be on together.
But now we're back to square one again.

dubson

Noob
They played after I got home and online at 11:10pm.
You were already gone by 11:03pm.

I searched the rules for tiebreak method in case 2 people had 21-19.
There was nothing in the rules about that instance.
Head-to-head result was the most logical, used in every kind of tournament I've ever seen.
So I played dubson, because he's a hard guy to coordinate a time to both be on together.
But now we're back to square one again.
Bro can we please calm it down? Are you afraid of Kaz team or something? Just drop out with the best record and try and run with that instead of fighting through the finals for first place champion? Wouldn't both be sweeter anyway? If you were me, in my shoes, wouldn't you want your equal right to the trophy? I think You would be pretty heated in my situation right now, wouldn't you?

Where's the classiness bro? Everyone here knows your the best player in the tournament and are most likely going to win it. We all knew that entering the tournament when we saw your name on the sign up sheet but still decided to join?

This is just for fun. It said it could take 5 weeks right on the first post. It also does state what to do with a tiebreak, as I figured it out simply looking at the first page and I posted that about 5 posts up. I just took your word for it. It's not such big deal, this isn't Evo….

For future reference tho, I had a great time with this and think its a great idea. I think it would be more optimal as a 1 night tournament, tho… shouldn't take but 2-3 hours Max…

Also yeah, Kaz, you did log off like 3 minutes past 11… I was on at like 11:07 and Jay was on at like 11:12…

What nights from now to next Wednesday works for everyone? That's a whole week, let's all set a day and time? Majority will just rule if it becomes too difficult with everyones schedule?

Last edited:
Reactions: MKB