What's new

MK2 Draft tournament

Kaz

Noob
I'm gonna hold a draft tournament that I think will be fun. Ideally there would be 6 players but it could also work with 4.

RULES

PSN only. MKAK default or if both players agree they can use OG MKII

Once sign ups are complete a draft order will be picked by random using an online random order generator.

Once draft order is established the person who is first is free to pick one character who they will want to use in the tournament. Once a character is picked they cannot be picked again by someone else.

The draft will be snaking which means whoever picks 6th will also get the 7th pick while whoever picks 1st gets the 12th pick when it comes back around.

All players will end up with 2 character team.

Players then will square off against each of the 5 other players in the following 5 weeks. (A week to get each set of matches completed)

When two players play there will be a total of 8 matches. Each character against the other players characters twice.

For instance Team Jax and Baraka is playing team Shang and Scorpion.
Jax vs Shang 2x, Jax vs Scorpion 2x, Baraka vs Shang 2x, and Baraka vs Scorpion 2x.

The total matches won and lost will be a running tally. At the end players will have a record out of 40 matches ie. 23-17.

After everyone has 40 matches the top 4 will go to a tournament.
1st seed against 4th seed, 2nd seed against 3rd seed. The same 8 match format will be used. If there's a tie after the 8 matches players can choose one of their characters in a tiebreaker.

Finals will be another 8 matches to determine the winner and same tiebreaker rules.

If you have any suggestions or if something should be changed let me know.

Players

1. MKillBill - 16-16

2. dubson - 18-14

3. mortal_jason - 36-4

4. Dyzvhtynzal - 13-27

5. tehdrewsus - 0-40

6. ectonaut - 29-11

Last edited:

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
And just for shiggles include me.

BTW, thank you @Kaz for stepping up and creating a tournament. Anyone is welcome to do so. It's not limited to the "illuminati."

Only one problem I've noticed in your format. 8 matches to a series and 40 games total means that there could be a tie score. What would be the tiebreaker?

Kaz

Noob
Ok updated, one more spot available!

Only one problem I've noticed in your format. 8 matches to a series and 40 games total means that there could be a tie score. What would be the tiebreaker?
Yeah I couldn't think of a good one, any ideas welcome. The one match of some one on your team is what I went with for the semi finals but that tie breaker would favor the person with the better draft pick.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Ok updated, one more spot available!

Yeah I couldn't think of a good one, any ideas welcome. The one match of some one on your team is what I went with for the semi finals but that tie breaker would favor the person with the better draft pick.
Your idea for the tiebreaker seems fine. Should be a good event!

I'll try this since it's different.

Would it be a bad idea to introduce a 'mystery player' to the mix if a tie-breaking match is required? Kaz could select someone secretly. Interested players could message him.

Or, what about switching the teams of each player for a final match/set?

Last edited:

Kaz

Noob
I'll try this since it's different.

Would it be a bad idea to introduce a 'mystery player' to the mix if a tie-breaking match is required? Kaz could select someone secretly, Interested players could message him.

Or, what about switching the teams of each player for a final match/set?
Im playing in it so I dont think that would be fair.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
I'm down to play if anyone drops out!

and that's too bad about Jason's sister, I must've beaten the MK2 spark right out of her in our last meeting LOL

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I'm down to play if anyone drops out!

and that's too bad about Jason's sister, I must've beaten the MK2 spark right out of her in our last meeting LOL
Oh no, she got excited when she'd beat you.
But as soon as she loses one, she turns into the chick from The Exorcist.

Kaz

Noob
just did the randmizer, here are the results

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. MKillBill
  2. Dubson
  3. mortal_jason
  4. Dyzvhtynzal
  5. Tehdrewsus
  6. ectonaut
Timestamp: 2014-09-10 01:14:47 UTC

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Anyone want to place bets on Bill's second character being Reptile?

I guess we will see ;)
Eh I'm prepared for it. Reptile isn't my worst character, but certainly not my preferred second choice :(