What's new

MK12 Speculation

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
ill never forgive everyone who ragged on that dude
he was right all along
The only thing he was right was kp2 and half of Aftermath 1's summary. Everything else is wrong.

Aftermath 2: Wrong.
KP3: Wrong.
Injustice 3 before MK12: Wrong.
Didn't leak the Snow Blind animation film.
Didn't leak MK Onslaught.
MK12 Announcement at the 2022 TGA: Wrong.
MK12 Announcement in 2023 January: Wrong.

He definitely had a solid contact at some point, but he hasn't been correct about a single thing after KP2.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
The only thing he was right was kp2 and half of Aftermath 1's summary. Everything else is wrong.

Aftermath 2: Wrong.
KP3: Wrong.
Injustice 3 before MK12: Wrong.
Didn't leak the Snow Blind animation film.
Didn't leak MK Onslaught.
MK12 Announcement at the 2022 TGA: Wrong.
MK12 Announcement in 2023 January: Wrong.

He definitely had a solid contact at some point, but he hasn't been correct about a single thing after KP2.
Right on Rambo when everyone said he was dead wrong
Right on a bunch of story details of aftermath
Right on a few other smaller things

considering like 99% of NRS news is fake leaks clickbait and garbage, the one time someone actually said something correctly, I will respect.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Wild theory.

MK12 goes back to being a 3D fighter and that’s why it’s taken so long time to work on.
While that would be really interesting, I agree it's more of a "wild" theory. 3d fighters just don't have the same mass market appeal that they're looking for. I'd love to see it, personally. I'm all for risk taking.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I want the story line to be done in a Shaolin Monks 1p2p beat em up. The past two story modes have been goat awful. (Convulted, non-sensical, villains made out to look worse than Barry Horowitz, just komplete utter tripe.)

Also give me some MK Chess or MK Kart. Make this damn game fun/replayable for the whole fam.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
While that would be really interesting, I agree it's more of a "wild" theory. 3d fighters just don't have the same mass market appeal that they're looking for. I'd love to see it, personally. I'm all for risk taking.
Tekken 7 sold very very well thought. I think there was a time where you might take the opposite view, but the whole genre really made a comeback over the past decade or so.

I do think that would be a risk taking move though as they just did 5 games with that 2D Style. At any rate, I want to see more 3D games and perhaps ones that still play like 2D games but have some kind of vertical movement

considering like 99% of NRS news is fake leaks clickbait and garbage, the one time someone actually said something correctly, I will respect.
Respect goes down when you lie a lot for attention. He gets no respect from me.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wishlist

Remove Fatal Blows. Do supers like KOF or SF or something, not the nonsense X-Ray and Fatal Blow types are.

The Return of Kenshi, main roster too, no waiting for DLC.

Delete Breakaway, bring breakers back. Go Injustice-style clash if you have to. But delete Breakaway.

Making the storyline more about the battle of all the main realms and less about the Earthrealm G I Joe's.

Bury variations permanently. Also, make characters feel more unique like they did in MK9/Inj1.

Online ranking for each character individually and a separate rank for your profile. For example, if I'm "Rank 12 out of 15 with character X, then my profile is Rank 12, but if I switch to brand new character Y in ranked, they start in Rank 8", not at Rank 12. This will encourage more character variety in ranked games.

Online tournament mode that ranks you based on online tournament matchmaking success. Matches up 8 people in similar rank ranges and starts a Top 8 instantly. Unique rewards for doing well consistently.

More guest characters from other fighting games that would fit the violent nature of the game rather than movies/shows DLC. Less Robocop/Rambo/Terminator and more Jago/Kazuya Mishima/Iori Yagami.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
make the best fusion possible btw mk9/mkx/mk11/Inj2 :

• Gameplay,mk9 with dash cancel and fun combos maybe toasty boost combos again , run button like trilogy or mk4 mkx was 3 buttons to run thats crap,from injustice we can have trait and bars for offense and defense (4 or 6) remove de mk11 boring charging bars,krushing blow only as combo ender (using special move that has KB skill) move that uses 3 bars ,make another kind of fatal blow and rax ray that uses all bars and can be used only 2 times
  • Gear , make it more creative this time , the best fusion btw inj2 , mk11 and tekken
  • Big roster,DLC number (16),Guests if horror and syfy gonna comeback make them epic with more skins and moves, i want Jason to use his part 2 potato bag and i Want Alien runner from Alien 3 maybe the newborn from Ressurection...maybe feral predator from prey...and PLS if Arnie is back make his legit 1984 look right , probably Rambo wont come back then bring DoomSlayer and make him top tier instead of jacqui or another boring cetrion...paulo dont nerf DoomSlyer like Alien in mkx last patch.
  • cool looking scenarios like from all MK games with respective colors no dead grey/brown 2015 mad max filter ,stage fatalities since day 1 no DLC or future patch for them to show up ...make the pit 1 great again making pit 2 with pit 1 ending isnt ok NRS pit the ppl fall into the ground , pit 1 is the spikes make that again...pit 3 was cool too bring it back.
  • good offline games and good single play ,mk11 and inj2 was ok but make it even better NRS
  • make 2v2 mode and 3v3 mode but like mk9 and Kof not that BS of marvel vs capcom or dbz
  • konquest mode with all chars each having their own konquest story...to not be huuuuge (maybe NRS is lazy or have short time )make it short like armaggedon konquest.

ooooooh God PLS PLSSSSSSSSSSSSS dont make MK12 be a mk11 with shallow few changes !!!!!!!!

mattteo

Noob

I said the same. It's not defending him, but I feel like he was genuine. What was wrong is a matter of communication and possibly own theories that he rushed to give. In my opinion, the right way to approach him would be to say 'Thank.you, that was helpful. Please return when you have news', not 'Hahaha you stoopod fook, we caught you with these things so your leaks are useless'. Aftermath happened as he said so why would he lie about a sequel when he first made the Aftermath leak?

A simple way to prove this is to wait for MK12. He did not say a lot, but revealed it is in the time of the GreatKung Lao, there are grandparents of main characters (at first said they would be Siro and Taja from MK Conquest but changed his story cause of problems of rights to characters), Reptile os given more prominence this time and is a protagonist as well as others that get chapters, new characters include a supposedly dragon creature like in Pokemon called Salemance and some more new ones I don't remember, but what I really cared for was that he says Havik and Daegon to come back in KP1. He said they were the main characters in the expansion that wasn't in MK11.

With that not proven or disproven, what remains are the facts. This leaker was never wrong about facts, just about reveals or timelines of reveals. If he says smtg about characters, I do take it into consideration. And fact of the matter is all signs do point to a Aftermath Chapter 2 that was never finished. There are multiple intros with facts from a story not shown. Kabal captured by Daegon and the Red Dragon, Rain kidnapping Jax's daughter (I mean that is really evidence, where did that rivalry come from?), A Red Dragon Sheeva clone etc. Mileena and Rain the only DLC characters who did not feature into the story mode. Was it because they were added too late?

We'll never know, but I suspect the story expansion was real. We'll see the truth when MK12 shows up. Leaker posted a list of playable character, so that will be right or wrong. I mean, the name Salemance is not easily guessed, so if that is a real character...

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Online ranking for each character individually and a separate rank for your profile. For example, if I'm "Rank 12 out of 15 with character X, then my profile is Rank 12, but if I switch to brand new character Y in ranked, they start in Rank 8", not at Rank 12. This will encourage more character variety in ranked games.
This times 1000. Been wanting that for a few games now. Hate being handcuffed to my comfy characters because I'll get wrecked if I try to pick up someone new.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I'm very curious what engine is being used this time around. Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate was still Unreal Engine 3, so curious if they'll be using that again, going with Unreal Engine 4, or right to 5.

Will it be current generation only, is last gen being supported? Will there be a PC version and will it again launch alongside the console versions?
Definitely hoping for current gen consoles only and UE5.

I want this game to blow my mind in every way possible and put MK on a whole new level gameplay-wise, story-wise, and graphics-wise.