What's new

MK11 XBL & PSN Tourney

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So, does that mean that Round 2 will happen on Saturday? Awesome!

sees opponent is @STB Sgt Reed

This is rigged!
:)
bahahaha

1. I'm pretty free in tournaments when stress is up and matches matter

2. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's likely to change before tomorrow. I try to make a habit of not looking at my opponent too soon before the tournament because I either get hyped to play vs someone or bummed to play vs someone and then it changes and I have to play vs someone entirely different/unknown. Brackets usually change right up to an hour or so before it all starts.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
So, does that mean that Round 2 will happen on Saturday? Awesome!

sees opponent is @STB Sgt Reed

This is rigged!
:)
Pretty good friendly matchup for you guys. Just the way the cards were dealt for now. :D
@Dreamcatcher I noticed the guy I'm matched up with in the bracket isn't in this thread(your xbox name list) and not in your IM tag, did he drop out or something?
"BYE" is basically null, you're automatic to the second round unless a 16th seed registers today. Lol
@Dreamcatcher I'll work on making a scoreboard overlay for people who wanna do that when streaming, I'll be using one.
Hell to the yes!
bahahaha

1. I'm pretty free in tournaments when stress is up and matches matter

2. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's likely to change before tomorrow. I try to make a habit of not looking at my opponent too soon before the tournament because I either get hyped to play vs someone or bummed to play vs someone and then it changes and I have to play vs someone entirely different/unknown. Brackets usually change right up to an hour or so before it all starts.
Correctamundo. It absolutely could change if someone else registers that has been a TYM member for a while. That being said, doesn't hurt to prepare just in case. ;)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Something has become apparent to me, if anyone "no shows" we will probably have to do check-ins of some kind. It's not going to be fair to the person waiting 8 hours just to find out their opponent didn't show up and is DQ'ed... then immediately have to play their set against someone in the next round super late. Both Saturday and Sunday technically have 2 rounds of sets, the time management will need to be acceptable. I will work on how to structure that so there aren't people abandoned all day waiting for DQ's. (which hopefully there are none but things happen or come up)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Something has become apparent to me, if anyone "no shows" we will probably have to do check-ins of some kind. It's not going to be fair to the person waiting 8 hours just to find out their opponent didn't show up and is DQ'ed... then immediately have to play their set against someone in the next round super late. Both Saturday and Sunday technically have 2 rounds of sets, the time management will need to be acceptable. I will work on how to structure that so there aren't people abandoned all day waiting for DQ's. (which hopefully there are none but things happen or come up)
Maybe players could state which time they'll play their game and you can make a schedule based on that. Or you go by bracket order.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Maybe players could state which time they'll play their game and you can make a schedule based on that. Or you go by bracket order.
I was thinking if someone is waiting for a DQ and then has a set to play right after, that exception would be okay if it goes past the 10pm EST. Seems like a fair trade, if you wait until the end of the day for someone then you at least advanced for free to play a later set after the window?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I was thinking if someone is waiting for a DQ and then has a set to play right after, that exception would be okay if it goes past the 10pm EST. Seems like a fair trade, if you wait until the end of the day for someone then you at least advanced for free to play a later set after the window?
Yeah, that makes sense. Players should still talk to who they're against on here and make sure they've set a time.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
@lionheart21

If we still play each other by the time the tournament rolls around, I can play any time as I have no life. lmao
So if you're good to go at 4pm Est, I say we do it then.

Edit: NVM, it changed.

Told ya :p