What's new

MK11 Universal mechanics list

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Is it just me or does it just seem like the wake-ups are off? I haven't found a good use for them. I wish they would've kept the old wake-up attack system in place. These universals just haven't clicked with me.
They’re okay. Pretty sure they cost 1 D meter and 1 O meter. So not only are they not too great, they cost resources. Which I’m completely fine with, tbh. With how OP wakeup attacks have been in NRS games, I LOVE how they are in MK11.

Well, I don’t think wake ups are always the go to choice in this game. It’s just another option, sometimes it’s better to roll, sometimes it’s best to throw , sometimes it’s better to you know what I mean.
I do believe all this different tech is viable if used when necessary.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Well, I don’t think wake ups are always the go to choice in this game. It’s just another option, sometimes it’s better to roll, sometimes it’s best to throw , sometimes it’s better to you know what I mean.
I do believe all this different tech is viable if used when necessary.
I've always been a strong voice in the "I'd rather tech-roll or stand up and block" community but these wake ups feel very weak. I'm sure it's something I'll just have to get used to. It is nice to be able to continue pressure and not have to be threatened that you'll get bounced by someone throwing out some cheesy wakeup.

This game will definitely be bought with a new PS4 controller. Both of my current ones have a slight drift to the left.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I'm still having problems consistently air escaping. Idk if it's my r2 button or what. If anyone can give some tips it would be greatly appreciated. Everything else is perfect. U3 wake up is bae. I ran a really good set with happy pow and @TopTierHarley earlier and I'm loving the slower pacing and neutral game so much. I can't wait for the final product.
You have to do it at the apex of the juggle height it seems.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
** EDITED AGAIN**

Help me out guys, I can't seem to find a list of all the general moves in the game so lets make a list!

Quick hop:
tap up (very short tap, can only be done neutral, no forward or back, follow up with puch or kick)

Wake up moves:
1. u3 - Invincible attack (uses 1 offensive bar, and 1 defensive bar)
2. u2 - Launcher (uses 1 offensive bar, and 1 defensive bar
3. f+stance (L2) - Forward roll (uses 1 def. bar) (strike invulnerable) (throws can beat it)
4. b+stance (L2) - Back roll (same as above)

(no delayed wakeups)

Breakaway (combo breaker, sort of):
d+block (R2) while you are in a juggle state (uses 2 defensive bars)

Flawless block:
tap block just before getting hit (you won't take chip damage, there are 2 follow ups)
1. u3 - Same as wake up u3
2. u2 - Same as wake up u2

Any others?
And the mvp post of the week award goes too..

I just wanted to say thanks for this!!! Defiantly going to be messing around with this stuff during the stress test thanks for the heads up!

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I can’t seem to get these to come out on knock down for some reason...I’m paying the right inputs but nothing happening

Ok, so after playing more than 100 matches, I gotta say, the timings for most of these mechanics are not so easy. Gone are the days of just holding f + block to auto-break on the next move that hits you. The breakaway isn't too hard but you can't mindlessly mash it.

The wake up moves need to be done as the character is getting up, so I think most people are doing it way too early because of previous games. For "tech rolls" you cant hold back or forward, you have to tap the direction at same time as pressing stance button. Hope this helps.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Anyone else having trouble doing break aways? I can't pull them off when i want to, but when I don't need to they active

@Jimmypotato, I tested holding down and holding stance switch many times and couldn't get a delayed wakeup. Does it only work for certain knockdowns? Maybe the delay is so short that I'm not noticing. Please share any details that you know of.