What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

Towers Of Time are not fun even with the nerfs. Yesterday I grinded Kotal Kahns summoned tower and oh boy. Took me several hours to complete it and I had to use the AI character for the last two matches because of the bullshit flawless block punishes and AI reading my inputs at the speed of light. Even if you can block the modifiers, there's just too many of them. Injustice 2 multiverse towers were fun because there wasn't that many modifiers, just good ol' fighting. The modifiers ruin the whole experience and seriously takes the fun out of fighting the AI. I don't want to spam some missiles or get armor from konsumables to win, it is NOT FUN.

And everyone, use the augments for your character. I noticed this far too late. What a load of bullshit.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I said this time and again. STOP WASTING TIME WITH THE OP TOWERS UNTIL WE SEE THE LATEST INCOMING DIFFICULTY PATCH. Why still attempting to play something which is, for the moment, broken?

I'd be more pissed about how badly they botched unlocks if the customization wasn't so ass, which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned much at all (I can't be the only one). Every character has 5 or so skins but really only 2 or 3 are truly distinct and the others have a slight alteration; the shaders are mostly awful and lead to red Sub-Zeroes, neon green Kabals and other eyesores; most of the gear pieces hardly stand out, like Sub's knives or Skarlet's blood flask (and lmao at how customizing Noob's shadow just changes its bandolier thing); round taunts can't even be selected; etc. etc. And the worst part is that, to find the 1 or 2 cool gear pieces/skins you do want, you have to sift through a mountain of bullshit because it's all random.
I found some really amazing shaders, the white ghost skin for scorpion is sick asf, if you played towers of time i am sure you unlocked it. I am looking hard for that almost completely black skin for sub zero, some noob saibot stuff etc. Geras must have the worst skins, only a couple look good. its mostly silver, golden lines on his body and some gym pants with bad fitting color schemes, mustard yellow and swamp green. Come on some billion year old time lord should have some sense of fashion...i am not even trying there anymore just hunting brutalities. There are some good skins overall. Ninjas still look the best in my opinion, cassie, geras and probably, sonya have the worst shaders ever. Johnny cage can get away with the "loud" color schemes. The rest is pretty ok, liu kang looks good. I hope in time there are different models to unlock. Mk 1 outfits and such.

So my gripe is, one of the requirements to unlock the next erron black tower is to perform 50 uppercuts, and the one after that is to perform 50 throws.... . I don't mind using in game currency to unlock towers, but now I have to go to another mode and spam uppercuts and throws just to progress. These things should be optional objectives, not requirements.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
So my gripe is, one of the requirements to unlock the next erron black tower is to perform 50 uppercuts, and the one after that is to perform 50 throws.... . I don't mind using in game currency to unlock towers, but now I have to go to another mode and spam uppercuts and throws just to progress. These things should be optional objectives, not requirements.
You can do them on other Towers of Time.

I sent my Skarlet IA to do all of her battles. I only took control of her to do the remaining uppercuts and throws, I did most of them in The Gauntlet. Then I let Skarlet finish her towers, final boss included lmao

D

Deleted member 35141

I played the hell out of the towers in mkx and injustice 2 but damn this really sucks just had one boss fight where the screen goes black 20 sec at a time with misses that do 25% damage. The last two games at least had non modifier towers besides classic towers

You can do them on other Towers of Time.

I sent my Skarlet IA to do all of her battles. I only took control of her to do the remaining uppercuts and throws, I did most of them in The Gauntlet. Then I let Skarlet finish her towers, final boss included lmao
Shiettt didn't even know you can do that.... which leads to my next gripe, lack of explanation on how everything works LOL

ItsYaBoi

Noob
In the minority here but I rinsed the game for an entire day straight yesterday. Had immense fun, was pretty much 70% Towers of Time and 30% Krypt/a bit of AI battle. ToT felt like just the right amount of challenge for me. Were there times I almost threw my controller at the wall due to modifiers? Sure, but I usually won upon a retry or two later. If not, I'd go back to fighter select and use a Konsumable considering you get given so many (and they can't be bought, there's a lot of misinformation being spread around everywhere). The feeling of beating those modifier spamming fucks is god tier. Which makes it worth it imo.

So yeah, quite happy with how it is right now tbh. I just hope they don't make it too easy with the patch.

Oh, and also, having Noob, Baraka and Skarlet as your attackers & defenders with their combos and reversal set to 30 for each is broken as fuck looooool. On a 7 win streak at the moment, with Noob winning pretty much every time. Though I think a lot of people know this, as I come up against a lot of people with Noob in their team now and their stats all set to 30 for combos and reversal.

Kratilim

Noob
I played the hell out of the towers in mkx and injustice 2 but damn this really sucks just had one boss fight where the screen goes black 20 sec at a time with misses that do 25% damage. The last two games at least had non modifier towers besides classic towers
When I come across the blackout stuff I tend to let the AI handle it. The AI doesn't seem to have a problem with the blackout, especially if you use the 30/30 trick.

if they're going to spend the time to make an entire mode in which the skills you develop in the main game don't apply, could they please just include a mortal kombat mario kart clone? at least that would be fun.

like, if it were just a "you're fighting a normal opponent but you can't block" modifier, or a "you're fighting a normal opponent but you can't use the invincible wakeup" modifier, that would at least have something to do with the game you're playing. this is just "what if your opponent had 50% more health and also three different cooldowns that can simultaneously trigger and do 50-75% damage at any moment?"

edit: beat the jackie/cassie tag team towers. wasn't fun, still sucks, but almost worth it to see the screen where it shows i earned 0 points because i tried so many times. adios, towers of time.

Last edited:
Does anyone know for sure if it has to be your AI performing the fatalities/ brutalities? Or can I do the fights myself? Cause AI fights are boring to me.

I've actually been quite addicted to the Towers of Time mode. It's by far my most played mode in the game so far. I've seen some people saying they don't like the mode, but I like it a lot.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
While playing one ToT against Shao Khan for a second I thought my monitor's HDMI cable became fucked up. Then I released the game decided to randomly go to black screen while AI starts blasting me.

Lmfao. Im done with this nonsense.

The towers are not an issue, i am now placed top 5 percent. I used to be top 2 which isnt bad, some towers have konsumable requirements, so you need to micro manage your konsumables. To avoid headaches I let the AI handle dark and madness towers. I noticed the AI acts completely autistic when it comes to health buffs which usually means I clear those towers. What really makes me mad is the hunt for brutalities. I already made a topic on it. I am already tired of hunting for gear and skins, i do it but honestly dont care much about it. Brutalities is the key point. Why did they lock them behind a grind wall and not reward them for levelling or doing things with your prefered character is beyond stupid.

They havent implemented it yet. They rushed the game out of the door. The whole grind system is still raw inside. Should have left it in the oven for a few months longer at least.

edit: beat the jackie/cassie tag team towers. wasn't fun, still sucks, but almost worth it to see the screen where it shows i earned 0 points because i tried so many times. adios, towers of time.
Same here. That was the most satisfying zero points I've ever gotten.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I'm just gonna say before this patch drops on Xbox, I really enjoy the gameplay of Towers of Time so far. I understand the grind is bad but I like the general idea. Feels like Injustice 2 but with way more worthwhile impacts because it's the only place to get gear and you get to use your rewards in the Krypt which is fun.

Yeah so that poison one is literally impossible for right now. I just used what I thought was the perfect setup. Poison immunity and gradual heal.

Finished the match with full health and it didn't count as a flawless. It looks like you can only do this if you have the Konsumable that gives you full immunity to ground hazards, which I don't have.

There's no way in hell this was playtested
You guys still suffering in stage 7 and i am dead in stage 23 this is so fuckin impossible im tired. Ive done everything and things hittjng me from everywhere

Gaxkang

Banned
Some towers still need a lot of fixing, whether it's the modifiers, the difficulty, or a series of fights where it's clear I'm doing half damage while they do normal damage.

It's not fun having to do twice as much to beat an AI opponent that is clearly input reading as well.

You end up having to use an AI fighter to win, since they do like 15 hit combos all the time. :rolleyes:

Seeing a Fatal Blow do little damage is just ehhhhhhh….