What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Ppl doesn't like secret, grind and all the stuff we used to do in mk ps2 era. Let's not even talk about mk1 2 and 3...
Now they want everything day 1. This is sad.
The "i don't care" about "insert something" so it should not be there, is not a fucking argument either. Like little spoiled kids we are now, we complain about bonus stuff we didn't have access in the first place, in any fighting games.

1993: sharing rumor content at school about secret characters or mode that don't even exist.
2019: crying like little bitch because i don't have my noob saibot red panties day 1.

It's ok to not be happy about game design or this business model, but calm your tits. They gonna fix it.
Goes both ways. Back then, costumes and extra modes were free. Now, everything is extra cash.

Lun

proud TERF!
I am still waiting for the promised "fix to the towers of time". Wasn't it supposed to be "available in a few hours"?

Primativ

Noob
Ppl doesn't like secret, grind and all the stuff we used to do in mk ps2 era. Let's not even talk about mk1 2 and 3...
The "i don't care" about "insert something" so it should not be there, is not a fucking argument either. Like little spoiled kids we are now, we complain about bonus stuff we didn't have access in the first place, in any fighting games.

1993: sharing rumor content at school about secret characters or mode that don't even exist.
2019: crying like little bitch because i don't have my noob saibot red panties day 1.

It's ok to not be happy about game design or this business model, but calm your tits. They gonna fix it.
but if we never said anything in the first place they wouldnt be fixing it

Do we really need to go through that for some skins or gear? How am I supposed to visually distinct my loadouts if I don't have 4-5 pieces unlocked from the start?

All I see is wasted resources again. Thousands of manhours and money, spent on artificial content instead of actual FUN.

menus and skins are what today's video games name "ton of content". Sad.

Sorry if this has been asked before but do any skins get unlocked while playing story mode? And if so which ones? I haven’t gotten around to starting it yet cause I spent most of my time last night doing the tutorials. (I’m bad and it took me a few hours.)

Jhin

"Art is worth the pain."
Sorry if this has been asked before but do any skins get unlocked while playing story mode? And if so which ones? I haven’t gotten around to starting it yet cause I spent most of my time last night doing the tutorials. (I’m bad and it took me a few hours.)
I have yet to play the story mode, but it seems you do unlock skins for the characters of each chapter when you finish them. Just like it was in Injustice 2 with gear and stuff.

I have yet to play the story mode, but it seems you do unlock skins for the characters of each chapter when you finish them. Just like it was in Injustice 2 with gear and stuff.
Thanks! Yeah I was curious since all the skins either say unlock in tower of times or unlock in the krypt. I think my expectations were way too high for customization. The way they talked about it made it seem like all the gear and skins were gonna be super hype. But honestly it seems pretty limited to me. Hoping there will be DLC gear and skins that make it better.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Thanks! Yeah I was curious since all the skins either say unlock in tower of times or unlock in the krypt. I think my expectations were way too high for customization. The way they talked about it made it seem like all the gear and skins were gonna be super hype. But honestly it seems pretty limited to me. Hoping there will be DLC gear and skins that make it better.
have you seen some of noobs masks? Imo he has among the best Gear. IMO:p

Jhin

"Art is worth the pain."
Yeah! Although I am loving the game so far, I must say that the customization and loot where kinda disappointing, at least of what I've seen so far, though I doubt this impression will change. Anyway, I hope they do update the game with better customization options while time goes on.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Characters should have come with 3 skins (a single color each) and a few pieces of gear for each slot (maybe 4 or 5 options) right from the get go. Everything else should be unlockable in the following ways -
  • Lucky Krypt unlocks (but the krypt economy is rebalanced to not be a total dick punch)
  • Premier non-random Krypt unlocks (looks like these might exits with the 250 heart chests, but the pieces need to be certain, and again, rebalanced to be actually attainable)
  • Every 25/50 online wins/matches with a character unlocks something naturally (skin, brutality, gear piece, etc) . Fine if they don't want EVERY item to unlock by pure play time grind, but a good chunk (I would say the majority) should be. Good incentive to win to unlock faster, but character loyalists who suck will still get a trickle of gear. This would be a long grind (between all skins and gear pieces each character has 100s of items), but at least there would be a predictable, dependable, and FUN way to slowly accrue gear with your fav characters.
  • Buyable, but not at $5 dollars skin/brutality and certainly not at the whim of ANOTHER slot machine.
Incredible greed on display here, but also incompetence. They gutted a core part of the game to sell gear to people then didn't make a fucking store front? Astounding.

I'm sure WB is the main driving force, but NRS has to own this shit. They let the product out the door knowing this would be the reaction.

Hi. New guy and Geras player here, old skool mortal kombat fan. Either way the problem I have is the constant online connection and checks. I finished the character tower but it didnt save online so i lost all this progress. I wanted to throw the controller into my screen. This in addition to the excessive grind is really pissing me off. The core gameplay is phenomenal, all this addition all stuff could have been handled way better. I let my AI do the tower battles for now.

Marvelnerd

Cyber Smoke #1
So it looks like over night they changed the health increases for enemies in the living towers from increments of 500 to increments to 100, which felt perfect. Now, it looks like they might have changed it to increments of 250, which feels like too much again.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
NRS has been hard at work. Level 4 Character Tower requirements have been changed.
Total 250 Spears connected with Noob Saibot -> 50 Total Wins with Noob Saibot
Total 250 Hell Ports connected with Noob Saibot -> 150 Total Crushing Blows with Noob Saibot

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Those requirements make a lot more sense.

Has the currency in the Krypt got any better, Shekhar?
So it looks like over night they changed the health increases for enemies in the living towers from increments of 500 to increments to 100, which felt perfect. Now, it looks like they might have changed it to increments of 250, which feels like too much again.
Sounds like they are trying to find a balance between pushover/challenge/impossible. But seriously, I can't believe it's THAT hard to make it work ...

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
I am copying most of my post from Resetera. They mentioned these changes and I've already noticed them and have reported on them over the past 24 hours:
- CPU health is lowered across the board, and boss health has a lower ceiling now.
- Many unblockable modifiers are blockable now
- There are longer cooldowns between enemy using their modifiers

- More modifier changes are coming in a patch later this week or early next week.

They are also giving away some freebies in terms of in game currencies. In my personal opinion, Towers of Time is in a really, really good place right now. I know some of you might still struggle on certain fights, and a couple of people have mentioned that they still can't clear the tutorial towers, but that's on you.

At this moment, decent to great players can clear every tower either with 0 consumables, or with one or two consumables. Casual players might still struggle, but if the towers are dumbed down to the point that they're relatively easy for even new players, then they will just become mindless and boring and a waste of time for good to great players. Right now, if you're new and still struggling, keep at it, try to practice some combos or use a few consumables and you will overcome.

I am really happy with the changes thus far and this is what I wanted the towers of time to be when I purchased the game and popped in the disc.

There are people on Resetera who think the stream was a nothingburger, because they are still struggling with the same first or second tower they were struggling with 2 days ago. Let's be realistic, the game isn't going to make the CPU just stand there and take your attacks. You have Klassic towers with their difficulty settings for that.

For me, personally, this chapter that started when I made this thread is now over. Yes, there are problems with the way the Krypt functions and how augments are implemented still. But the Towers of Time being fun and challenging reduces those pains by a lot. I can get money quicker because towers are easier, and i can level up my gear quicker because fights get over quicker. Thank you NRS for fixing this really quickly.

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Does anybody have any tips for the "Perfection is Key" tower?

It's the one where you fight Scorpion and Sub-Zero at the same time, in a poison field, you can't block and you have to win with a flawless.

What fucking modifiers do I need? I use the D'Vorah immunity to poison one, but it runs out before I can kill them.

Some towers are still insane. The one with Kano that rains blood constantly is silly as hell. Even my Geras cpu that I made with normally breathes through towers like its nothing couldnt cut it. I tried a bunch of times myself and always died before the opponent. Always a hair of health left for the cpu. I switched to sub zero and i passed. I am liking him so far. Anyway. I noticed something in the krypt, chest that had a value of around 12 to 15k dropped more skins and brutalities for me. The shao khan heart chests drop a whole suit of of skins and gear for a specific character. of course always the one i dont play lol. Need to find that kollector. I did manage to get a very klassy looking sub zero skin, so was happy. I hope with updates and so on they drop the real klassic skins from mk 1, we also need more fatalities. At least 1 more per character.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
Are you talking about the one where there's blood raining and it does damage over time? Just stand in the puddle on screen and it'll give you infinite health replenish as long as you're in it.

Does anybody have any tips for the "Perfection is Key" tower?

It's the one where you fight Scorpion and Sub-Zero at the same time, in a poison field, you can't block and you have to win with a flawless.

What fucking modifiers do I need? I use the D'Vorah immunity to poison one, but it runs out before I can kill them.
I've never seen this tower. I stopped playing 30 mins ago and it wasn't active.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Are you talking about the one where there's blood raining and it does damage over time? Just stand in the puddle on screen and it'll give you infinite health replenish as long as you're in it.

I've never seen this tower. I stopped playing 30 mins ago and it wasn't active.
It's the middle Island. It's part of a series of towers called "Gauntlet" or something. The current one I'm on is called "The Bottom of the Pit" backwards

Keep progressing through and you'll unlock it. It isn't tied to time

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
It's the middle tower. It's part of a series of towers called "Gauntlet" or something. Keep progressing through and you'll unlock it. It isn't tied to time
Oh screw that. I'm never going to do that series. The damage in the first tower of 'Elementary my Dear' is so high it's perfect for farming flawless, fatals and brutals for character tower. Maybe once I'm done with all 4 stages of all 25 characters lol

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo

Cleared Character Tower Stage 4 thinking it's going to be a sick Fatal Blow brutality that's unlocked. No. It's just for sickle toss that I dont use.

Still, was curious if there was a Stage 5. There is. Wouldn't recommend it. The requirements are going up and the rewards and becoming worse. I'm curious how deep the rabbit hole goes though. Are there infinite levels of character tower?