What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Has anyone looked more into the paying tribute to the gods things? I invested 1k and got some kind of key for the krypt. Has anyone tried out what you get for more, and if it's good?

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I feel like tagging some ppl but that would be irresponsible and make us look worse.

Suffice it to say that a certain designer in charge of that shit gets a big 'f-u-c-k you' in particular.

Are you fucking serious that I'm supposed to log in every day to check the store and see if one of those 2 out of 1500 skins is one that I want?! This is utterly insane! This is not a F2P always-online Fortnite clone! God I want to cancel my order.... for the only game I've been looking forward to in months. :mad:

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Yeah, this is very much a fucking chore.

I'm waiting for someone to compare it to an RPG again. As I said: fighting game fans and RPG fans are two very different fanbases. One knows they have to log in and do tedious shit daily because that's the "fun" of an MMORPG. To each their own, sure.

This is a fighting game. I shouldn't have to check in daily to see if "funi skin" is there for me to grab that specific day. I have a job, and other hobbies. And straight up, there's going to be times I don't feel like turning on my PS4 much alone Mortal Kombat. I shouldn't have to check in on this.

I can even stand when a mobile game does this more because odds of me checking a mobile game > odds of me checking in on my PS4 Mortal Kombat game.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I'm sure it only gets worse. Like how in Injustice 2, you stopped getting Source Crystals after hitting around level 60.

I'm glad so many people are giving them shit though. Hopefully this pressures them into actually making the game fun

Also those random tower modifiers aren't fun. They were never fun in MKX. They were cool in MK9 where they did shit like infinite meter, low gravity and super speed, but having the match interrupted every 3 seconds by homing missiles and lightning blasts is just annoying

I played the towers of times for a few hours and the grind is waaaaay too tedious. It's cool to have 60 skins/characte and almost 100 gears/character, but hiding them behind a griding wall takes way too long to unlock one is dumb. I don't want to pay to unlock the skins and gear I want, I payed for them when I bought the damn game €100 ($112). I don't mind having challenges or like play X matches online to unlock them, but locking them behind a tedious grinding process is a real shame. And WB be like "Oh but don't worry, you can bypass the grind with Time Crystals, you can have 1000 Time Crystals for 1,99€ only ! Wow look at this : 10000 time crystals for 49.99, what a discount !".

I already paid for the skins, and you want me to pay AGAIN to use them in-game ? Fuck you WB !

One skin costs 500 krystals. G fucking G
Please tell me you just said a random number for the crystals.

WB : Got some raaaaare skins on sale stranger...
Player : clicks on skin
WB : Not enough crystals... stranger !

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I made the comment below 10 days ago, when the debate was still heated. Nice to know AAA games are still as predictable as ever.

This is being published by WB, same guys who published, 'Shadow of War' and I have not forgotten that shit show where they used the same 'yOu CaN eArN eVeRyThInG iN gAmE' line. Lo and behold, game ended up being a grind fest.

I'm personally waiting to see how long it takes to earn things naturally. I don't need to be able to unlock everything over the weekend, but the process shouldn't feel like an unfulfilling chore either.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Bro 10 Crystal's per level up is totally stingy. You should get 10xAccount Level crystals each time you level up. Every 10 levels, award 1,000 crystals.That is way more fair:

Level 1- 10
Level 2- 20
Level 3-30
Etc.
Level 10- total of 550 plus the 1,000 crystal milestone bonus

At level ten you would have accumulated enough coins to buy 3 skins [1550].

At max account level have a prestige system that lets you level up again with a 20xPlayer Level multiplier this time.

This would make things way more fair without needing a complete overhaul.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I played the towers of times for a few hours and the grind is waaaaay too tedious. It's cool to have 60 skins/characte and almost 100 gears/character, but hiding them behind a griding wall takes way too long to unlock one is dumb. I don't want to pay to unlock the skins and gear I want, I payed for them when I bought the damn game €100 ($112). I don't mind having challenges or like play X matches online to unlock them, but locking them behind a tedious grinding process is a real shame. And WB be like "Oh but don't worry, you can bypass the grind with Time Crystals, you can have 1000 Time Crystals for 1,99€ only ! Wow look at this : 10000 time crystals for 49.99, what a discount !".

I already paid for the skins, and you want me to pay AGAIN to use them in-game ? Fuck you WB !

Please tell me you just said a random number for the crystals.

WB : Got some raaaaare skins on sale stranger...
Player : clicks on skin
WB : Not enough crystals... stranger !
This reminded me the price for souls in the MKX Mobile. You need to spend about 10-20$ to get 500 souls, which is what a Gold Character costs … considering you need to fuse them ten times to be effective in later towers, that's just insane.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Yeah, this is pretty shameful.

I hope people spit some heat for this. I'm sorry, but let me spit on some real shit here. I got busted for being the most negative dude on the planet but let me remind y'all:

I'm pretty sure it was said we were getting a new mode. If that mode is the Krypt, thanks for fucking nothing. And now, we're dealing with this basically "pay us or no skin" shit. This is /beyond/ selfish. For some skins, that with some of these characters, don't even show that much of an aesthetic difference.

So it seems like the reason they put in all of this customization wasn't to give players variety but to give the game variety of ways to take more money from us. Yeah, I might be holding off on this day one buy as well. I was eyeing up some jacket that was also 60 bucks. Whelp.

Lun

proud TERF!
That's it. It was fine appreciating those developers but now I despite them already.
All game companies who become too successful eventually become too greedy and doom themselves. This is only the beginning, NetherRealms Software can only act worse from here.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
That's it. It was fine appreciating those developers but now I despite them already.
All game companies who become too successful eventually become too greedy and doom themselves. This is only the beginning, NetherRealms Software can only act worse from here.
Yeah, kinda turning my back on them as well.

Everyone kept telling me I was wrong for taking shit like "little digs" at people's most wanted characters in the game through shit like Kollector's items and intros, and the tweets. If Injustice's 2 Red Hood/ Starfire shit didn't have me slightly tilted, the major digs in this game, the story this game had, the lack of any new modes, and now this shit?

I stick to what I said. NRS does not give a fuck about the fans.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Ppl have been giving NRS a free pass for too long. If they don't fix this shit within the month I'll have a sour taste in my mouth.

They straight up lied.

"No lootboxes in MK11" my ass. I'm not broke but I DONT HAVE TIME TO GRIND 6HRS A DAY.

The little time I have for games can't be spent doing bullshit fights for skins. I just wanna play towers. Does anyone actually like the over the top modifiers?

What's fun about having the screen turn upside down, have everything be blacked out, Inputs reversed, buttons switched, unblockable nonsense, etc?

What the fuck was Derek thinking?

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Ppl have been giving NRS a free pass for too long. If they don't fix this shit within the month I'll have a sour taste in my mouth.

They straight up lied.

"No lootboxes in MK11" my ass. I'm not broke but I DONT HAVE TINE TO GRIND 6HRS A DAY.

The little time I have for games can't be spent doing bulkshit fights for skins. I just wanna play towers. Does anyone actually like the over the top modifiers?

What's fun about having the screen turn upside down, have everything be blacked out, Inputs reversed, buttons switched, unblockable nonsense, etc?

What the fuck was Derek thinking?
I can't imagine anyone finds it too much fun to do any of that shit, to be honest.

I think the charm of fighting games is well.. the fighting. For some reason, devs include these extra things in an attempt to wow us.

I honestly prefer Tekken 7's bowling more than I prefer whatever this shit is. If Kombat brought back Karts or had Kombat Golf or Kombat Laser Tag, I'd probably prefer it over this game's story and/or Krypt.