What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo

Even YongYea made a video on this. I really hope all of this is changed soon :( People in the states are going to be getting the game soon so if they don't quickly fix this I could see it generating a lot of negativity for the game and the company.
Man this thread really got spread around didn't it?

Atleast Yongyea is inoffensive. Quartering's a piece of turd and I want nothing to do with him, even though I know he will probably make a video on this thread to go with his 1000 'MK killing my boner. Burqa kombat' videos

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Interesting review. Unfortunately, they never learned from the mistake that INJ2 was. That's what I was afraid of earlier. I love MK, but if it's combined with INJ2 and MKX formulae, then I don't know if I should play it competitively. Will try to do speedrun for the trophies, and then I'll think if I'll ever go competitive with it.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.

Even YongYea made a video on this. I really hope all of this is changed soon :( People in the states are going to be getting the game soon so if they don't quickly fix this I could see it generating a lot of negativity for the game and the company.
Holy shit. God bless YongYea, and I usually trust him to do his best to break down these sorts of issues as clearly and concisely as possible, but hearing him try to cleanly explain how augments work and how it further pads out the grind really brought home just how fundamentally fucked the whole system is. Like, it'd need an entire overhaul before it could ever be considered even remotely consumer-friendly.

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi

He hit the nail right on the head

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
So they didn't really think people would let this fly, right? They don't seem that deaf towards their audience. Was this simply because dev was rushed and they didn't get to test it in time?
I don't think NRS is 100% innocent here myself. I'm pretty sure they wanted to implement these Towers of Time, as well as an RNG Krypt to complement the new cosmetics system. However, I think that WB forced them to make the Towers exceedingly difficult and the Krypt exceedingly grindy to make those microtransactions more appealing. That's why I'm iffy on this 'fix' that they promised. How much less tedious will their publisher actually allow the game to become?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Nrs adding the Kollector to the krypt now basically shows that things might very well changeby launch day, because you know, it ain't officially out yet. Though the pessimist in me doubts it will, I still hope it will. The kollector sounds like a good addition at least.
At least now him being in the roster makes more sense. It's one thing to be a story mode jobber, its another entirely to have a secondary Vulgrim in Darksiders side role in the Krypt and THEN get a spot.

Should've revealed the Krypt first and Kollector along with it.

(NRS, hire me as your PR guy )

Killusion

Stream addict
Is it just me or is the AI much worse than in Injustice 2? All points in combos (30) and counters (30) made any character almost unbeatable on very hard in INJ2, now that setup struggles to beat even the first opponent on novice ladder lol.

Could be that I only tested Kano and his combos aren't great but still.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
What do you mean?
Also you didn't tell me there's only 20 mins left for this one. I might not be able to finish it in time.

@Lun
This ain't happening. I just beat the first tower in the set with 10 minutes left. I'm not going to be able to even reach the boss before time runs out.

Last edited:

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
LMAO I tried the Geras tower with Chaos damage on the ground a few times and couldn't beat it. Used the Havik anti-Chaos consumable and 25% heal 1 slot consumable.
Then made the AI do it and they did it on their first try. I even picked the wrong variation for it by accident. I get reversed controls as a hazard doesn't affect the CPU.

Is this a thing? I never picked AI in IJ2 but is this what NRS wants us to do?

EDIT: Also it gave me Eyes of Moloch as a reward but it's not in my inventory.

LMAO I tried the Geras tower with Chaos damage on the ground a few times and couldn't beat it. Used the Havik anti-Chaos consumable and 25% heal 1 slot consumable.
Then made the AI do it and they did it on their first try. I even picked the wrong variation for it by accident. I get reversed controls as a hazard doesn't affect the CPU.

Is this a thing? I never picked AI in IJ2 but is this what NRS wants us to do?
Using AI in injustice was pretty much a win fight pass. Not always of course, but if you had a max level batman (which is easy to get) with good gear (which you get for beating the story) and invest your points wisely (look it up on the internet) your AI becomes pretty much impossible to beat no matter the stage hazards. I'm pretty sure multiverse docks points for using an AI but it's not enough to matter.