What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

For me as a Fightstick player it is total BS. And I don't want to switch to a controller to use the konsumables to get anywhere far in towers of time. I hope nrs keeps us stick players in mind to have button command instead of the right analogue stick. Because the difficulty can be ridiculous at times with all the crap modifications the CPU has

Lun

proud TERF!
I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, and in the case of Sub Zero's tag battle, I was. I didn't fully understand the mechanics of the battle, and assumed the assists were random. I should've recalled the last couple of NRS games, because these are the same mechanics that were in MKX IIRC.

You face a boss in teams of 3, each of you fights him 1 by 1, and as the boss gets weaker, their own assists get stronger. This is as true as it ever was. However, you're supposed to play this battle in windowed mode, because YOU the players control the assists. While P1 is fighting, P2 and P3 may use their assists to help P1, and so on.

For this battle, the following assists were given:
P1: Special forces carpet bomb, super armor, and a heart that drops to the ground and you gotta walk over to pick up
P2: Mileena's sais, Juggle Kombat which makes the enemy ragdoll for bigger combos, Super Armor
P3: Instant heal, Hydro assists (tidal wave), and a gift of ice pick up that gives you armor against being frozen for a few seconds

Not only do these pickups make the fight beatable, they make it fun too. Even the ridiculous phase 3. Here's a video of me and 2 randoms beating it. It's muted because the first player didn't understand how to use assists, like I once did not, and I spent much of the game telling him to do so on the mic.

So to reiterate, I was wrong. This fight isn't one of the bad ones. Good job making it fun NRS.
My experience with this tag team battle was that I got teamed up with two clueless casuals. Not blaming them, but I was the only one who did damage. The second guy did almost no damage and the third left the room, suddenly ending the match.

Since you too got the game, wanna add me on PSN?

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
What a wild ride. It feels great to be vindicated by almost every reviewer calling out the same design decisions I did. Hopefully NRS works on this in the coming days and fixes these issues.

Thank you for your time, TYM. Now go enjoy the game for yourselves.

And for the naysayers on r/mortalkombat saying you're tired of these leakers whining because game's not even officially out yet, well...

I'm out.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
You know every single one that said "game's not out yet it will change" now is practically heading for the woods to live in a cave because NOTHING GOT CHANGED.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
How many time crystals do you need to do anything of note. They're going to be the "Screw it I'll use my wallet" way out right? How many would it take to say: Unlock all of Jacqui or Kitana's skins? Or at least one color of each unique version?

I’m just hoping there’s a gallery to see the skins to use your time crystals on.

Really, I just want or two good skins or characters I like playing as or training against and some cool gear, which I don’t mind randomly getting over the length of the game.

What a wild ride. It feels great to be vindicated by almost every reviewer calling out the same design decisions I did. Hopefully NRS works on this in the coming days and fixes these issues.

Thank you for your time, TYM. Now go enjoy the game for yourselves.

And for the naysayers on r/mortalkombat saying you're tired of these leakers whining because game's not even officially out yet, well...

I'm out.
I'd like to thank you and others for all of these useful informations shared here in the past few days about the singleplayer of MK11.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy this game. I believe the lies about lootboxes are unacceptable and I won't buy this game anymore.

Here is a quote from Ed Boon in a Gamespot article, January 28, 2019:

"...we're not gonna have loot boxes or anything like that. So, that's big--it's more of an industry direction than it is a fighting game or Mortal Kombat direction. I think the loot boxes worked fine in Injustice because it didn't affect the gameplay and whatnot. But at the same time, we're just kind of steering away from it. ".

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I'd like to thank you and others for all of these useful informations shared here in the past few days about the singleplayer of MK11.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy this game. I believe the lies about lootboxes are unacceptable and I won't buy this game anymore.

Here is a quote from Ed Boon in a Gamespot article, January 28, 2019:

"...we're not gonna have loot boxes or anything like that. So, that's big--it's more of an industry direction than it is a fighting game or Mortal Kombat direction. I think the loot boxes worked fine in Injustice because it didn't affect the gameplay and whatnot. But at the same time, we're just kind of steering away from it. ".
Like I said, I won't let this crap affect 4 years of waiting and hype.

But, that doesn't change the fact that Boon should be ashamed of making statements like that, as well as Tyler and the rest of the Kombat Kast. Do they think we are idiots?

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Like I said, I won't let this crap affect 4 years of waiting and hype.

But, that doesn't change the fact that Boon should be ashamed of making statements like that, as well as Tyler and the rest of the Kombat Kast. Do they think we are idiots?
I think they're playing semantics with definitions.

So, yes--they think we're idiots.

Kal

<3
so the store is up but you can only buy featured items with time crystals?
I'm at work so I can't check right now but are you serious? You can't actually select items you want to buy and have to wait for some certain rotation or whatever?