What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

I'll tell you my exact experience.

I found the Kollector down in the dungeons.

He had a small list of items, each specific item exchangeable with a skin. Coincidentally, I found one of those items in the next chest (most likely intentional). I went to the Kollector and got the skin.

They were lame skins imo (all revenants, but different colours, and a Noob Saibot colour), and I'm guessing finding other items he wants won't be that easy.
Do the items he wants have any utility besides trading it in to the Kollector?

Lun

proud TERF!
Do the items he wants have any utility besides trading it in to the Kollector?

Honestly..... I don't know. The reason being that I found so many "power up items" in the chests that I don't remember them all, so I'm not sure if the item he wants is a "rare" power up or just an item that has no other use. But it's for sure one thing or the other.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store

FUN.

Can we respectfully tweet this at Derek, he straight up said he's testing towers of time to see if modifiers are working and consumables feel good.

Yeah... that’s just not fun. At all. It’s not the slightest bit fair, and does absolutely nothing to actually help you get better at playing the game.

I remember playing an Injustice 2 tower for 4th of July which was just pure chaos, explosions and fireworks everywhere. Now that was amazingly fun! They need to do towers like that.

None of this shit built solely to annoy you, like reversed controls, upside down levels, all that stupid shit that drive me so crazy in Injustice 2, to the point where I didn’t even want to play.

Honestly..... I don't know. The reason being that I found so many "power up items" in the chests that I don't remember them all as of yet, so I'm not sure if the item he wants is a "rare" power up or just an item that has no other use. But it's for sure one thing or the other.
If it's trade in this thing you want less for this thing you want more that'd be pretty cool tbh but if it's trade in this Kollector artifact #3 for this thing then you're right, the thing may as well have been in the Krypt.

Lun

proud TERF!
"Contained pool acid". I still can't tell if it's one of those many stupid tower power-ups or not.

Kratilim

Noob
Nrs adding the Kollector to the krypt now basically shows that things might very well changeby launch day, because you know, it ain't officially out yet. Though the pessimist in me doubts it will, I still hope it will. The kollector sounds like a good addition at least.

Pazuzu

Noob
Nrs adding the Kollector to the krypt now basically shows that things might very well changeby launch day, because you know, it ain't officially out yet. Though the pessimist in me doubts it will, I still hope it will. The kollector sounds like a good addition at least.
It's a good start. Some things I hope will change too : balance of the towers difficulty and stupid / unfun requirements

I’ve heard you can’t get duplicates in this game, but I hope the game recognizes you no longer have an item you traded in and are able to get it again, just in case.

Lun

proud TERF!
According to Resetera, Kollector was there yesterday, so it seems Reddit only discovered him today. Also my kollector is selling absolute trash
Was the patch only a small balance patch?

Also, my Kollector's selling lame skins too. I just hope it's not like other NetherRealms Software games where the more you play a character, the less likely you'll find a skin for them.

I'm still incredulous that I actually found a D'vorah skin, and not a bad one either.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
i really think yall are getting worked up too hard over cosmetics. with ij2 people liked the different abilities but couldn't get them. so nrs gave us abilities this go round and made unlocking ALL cosmetics a grind. It may suck for the absolute completionists, but let's be real everyone won't be that dedicated. they will work on 2-4 characters and the rest is gravy. i really think it will be patched better within the first few weeks, but im fine not having every cosmetic unlocked in that time period

Kal

<3
According to Resetera, Kollector was there yesterday, so it seems Reddit only discovered him today. Also my kollector is selling absolute trash
Really? I was there yesterday and didn't see him. Maybe he was added after I left the krypt, I don't remember what time I was there. 7-7:30 pm Eastern maybe?

AloneUA

getting over there
i really think yall are getting worked up too hard over cosmetics. with ij2 people liked the different abilities but couldn't get them. so nrs gave us abilities this go round and made unlocking ALL cosmetics a grind. It may suck for the absolute completionists, but let's be real everyone won't be that dedicated. they will work on 2-4 characters and the rest is gravy. i really think it will be patched better within the first few weeks, but im fine not having every cosmetic unlocked in that time period
Tbh, what I'm really worried about is the handicapped 2nd player in local versus that can't choose custom outfits and abilities. Reddit is making a lot of noise about it right now. I hope we get this issue addressed as well.