What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

AloneUA

getting over there
People like Scyther, who say it's OK to have a ridiculously long grind in a full priced AAA game and that we should be grateful to WB for generously letting us pay more money to skip it are honestly eating shit from WB's hands.
That said, I'll save my final judgment for when I play the game, but things look pretty grim :(

Lun

proud TERF!
People like Scyther, who say it's OK to have a ridiculously long grind in a full priced AAA game and that we should be grateful to WB for generously letting us pay more money to skip it are honestly eating shit from WB's hands.
That said, I'll save my final judgment for when I play the game, but things look pretty grim :(

It's not even the grind, you know? Grind at least rewards you for playing, sort of.

It's the towers of time. They are unbeatable unless you use some skip-match koins. You're not even playing.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
I did it. Come watch the bad early copy holder beat the completely fair AI after it takes mercy on him.

Crisis averted. Stop cancelling your pre-orders. This mess was overblown.

But speaking honestly, this shit sometimes seems unintentional, because the next tower in the sequence, which one would assume to be harder, was almost a pushover. I had to reset the final fight once because I ate Skarlet's Fatal Blow. But while this Baraka fight took me 2 hours or so to trail and error, the entire next tower took less than 15 minutes. This stuff is so inconsistent.

Only 20 Krushing Blows and 15,000 pints of blood left till I finish this tower. LUL. Here's a video of the next tower and what rewards I get from it:

I've read more than a few people say that these towers have bad balance and difficulty to screw over leakers, and come the 23rd we will get patches to make everything sunshine and rainbows. You guys are not considering the following:

1. If they screw over leakers, they are also screwing over reviewers with early copies, and the bullshit in the Towers of Time will reflect badly in reviews.

2. They don't need to push a patch to fix this. All of this is server side, so they need to hotfix the backend and change some numbers to make you do more damage or to remove some of these ability combos.

3. If they do make the towers easier on release day, it wouldn't be because they wanted to screw with the early copy holders, it would be because of the nascent negativity that's forming in forums and could hit critical mass if this state of things continues.

Lun

proud TERF!
I don't know what the Mileena sais do. He had the Takeda Kunai (fire and dot damage) and Kung Jin arrow (stun).

Sorry, only gave a quick look at the video, saw those things flying, and had flashback of those friggin' Mileena sais in the D'vorah character tower.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I did it. Come watch the bad early copy holder beat the completely fair AI after it takes mercy on him.
Is it me or during the third round there weren't anymore missiles coming at you??!! is that normal?? Because if they keep the bombs on I really doubt you would have win. :confused:.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
Is it me or during the third round there weren't anymore missiles coming at you??!! is that normal?? Because if they keep the bombs on I really doubt you would have win. :confused:.
Yeah that was the point. During the finish him prompt, the AI loses their modifiers. I mentioned this in the 30 min review video I did. So the only way of beating fights like this is to keep losing and pausing and restarting battle till the enemy mercies you, and then make the comeback.

This is so beyond convoluted, not to mention I HATE augments in gameplay, injustice 2 mutliverse was fine with out them, so it's gonna be such a pain. the worse thing is there's only like 5 or so skins OF A SPECIFIC COLOR and 5 or so gear pieces i really care about, but getting them with this system won't happen for months. For a game that promote customisation but gives you NOTHING to start with

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store

Crisis averted. Stop cancelling your pre-orders. This mess was overblown.

But speaking honestly, this shit sometimes seems unintentional, because the next tower in the sequence, which one would assume to be harder, was almost a pushover. I had to reset the final fight once because I ate Skarlet's Fatal Blow. But while this Baraka fight took me 2 hours or so to trail and error, the entire next tower took less than 15 minutes. This stuff is so inconsistent.

Only 20 Krushing Blows and 15,000 pints of blood left till I finish this tower. LUL. Here's a video of the next tower and what rewards I get from it:

I've read more than a few people say that these towers have bad balance and difficulty to screw over leakers, and come the 23rd we will get patches to make everything sunshine and rainbows. You guys are not considering the following:

1. If they screw over leakers, they are also screwing over reviewers with early copies, and the bullshit in the Towers of Time will reflect badly in reviews.

2. They don't need to push a patch to fix this. All of this is server side, so they need to hotfix the backend and change some numbers to make you do more damage or to remove some of these ability combos.

3. If they do make the towers easier on release day, it wouldn't be because they wanted to screw with the early copy holders, it would be because of the nascent negativity that's forming in forums and could hit critical mass if this state of things continues.
That seems like an awful lot of bullshit to go through just to unlock ONE skin.

Does it also unlock all of its color variants as well? Or are they all considered individual skins?

Do we know if time crystals are earned while playing online matches, and how many, and how much it costs to directly unlock pieces of gear? Because I thought they said you can just unlock what you want with them. I really don't care for playing AI, and want to spend the majority of my time playing real people online, so if I can do that and earn crystals and buy each thing I want, then I'll be happy enough.

But the grind and randomness and convolution and pay wall and loot-box Krypt are definitely all bullshit.

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
That seems like an awful lot of bullshit to go through just to unlock ONE skin.

Does it also unlock all of its color variants as well? Or are they all considered individual skins?
Pretty sure it is just the one. The game considers every color as its own skin (which i find really sad...). At least thats how it worked for my unlocks via Krypt.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Hey, fuck you too . ;)

Not exactly what I said, btw, but at any rate, I admitted after watching the third video I was wrong and that the current iteration of the Towers or Time is indeed a massive pay wall. If an opponent cannot be beaten through skill and persistence, as showcased in that Baraka fight, then there's no excuse for that.

I'm hoping that both NRS and WB address this. Difficulty spikes and having the option to bypass grind if you want to save time is one thing...practically making it mandatory is another.

DDustiNN

Pretty sure it is just the one. The game considers every color as its own skin (which i find really sad...). At least thats how it worked for my unlocks via Krypt.
Each is separate skin
Alright then yeah that’s some extreme bullshit. Considering most of the extra colors are butt ugly, just like the Injustice 2 shaders.

Do you at least know which color you’re unlocking beforehand? Maybe by the names or something? I’d hate to do so much work for a skin I don’t even like.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Alright then yeah that’s some extreme bullshit. Considering most of the extra colors are butt ugly, just like the Injustice 2 shaders.

Do you at least know which color you’re unlocking beforehand? Maybe by the names or something? I’d hate to do so much work for a skin I don’t even like.
It lists what skin you get when doing towers, both in the tower completion rewards and the objective rewards.

Obviously The Krypt hides everything in boxes, so no listings there.

DDustiNN

It lists what skin you get when doing towers, both in the tower completion rewards and the objective rewards.

Obviously The Krypt hides everything in boxes, so no listings there.
So if you don’t care about that particular skin, you just wait until it resets or something? Or find a different tower? How often do they change?

I just loathe randomness. I want to know exactly how toward every specific skin I want. I hope they’re not locked away until NRS decides to give me a [timed] [total bullshit frustrating] tower for them.

NRS Advertises: "Personalize your character's outfit and colors and gear just the way you want them!"
NRS Delivers: "The game will randomly drop whatever it wants to give you and you will like it! OR, for just multiple small fees over the $150 you've already given us, we'll let YOU pick what you want!"

Gamer68

Fujin!
So if you don’t care about that particular skin, you just wait until it resets or something? Or find a different tower? How often do they change?

I just loathe randomness. I want to know exactly how toward every specific skin I want. I hope they’re not locked away until NRS decides to give me a [timed] [total bullshit frustrating] tower for them.
I don't have the game, I've just been watching gameplay.

I'm not sure how often towers change for sure, but OP said that it depends on the tower. Some go away in a day, others it might take a few days or even a week. There are towers you can spawn using keys, but no one really seems to know how to get keys yet. Then of course, there are the character towers you can pay to unlock using Koins.

If you don't like the skins the towers give you, then yeah, I guess you could just play another tower (or wait for another one to appear if you don't like the ones currently present). But keep in-mind that skins have specific unlocks: some can ONLY be unlocked in the Krypt, others ONLY in Towers of Time, and others ONLY in Character Towers.

Question about the Krypt. Is there some of stat that tells you if you’ve unlocked everything in the Krypt, or could could theoretically keep unlocking consumables and augments forever, thinking there’s still stuff to get?