What's new

MK11 Pre-Release Hot Takes

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
A lot of the most requested characters are going to have some of the lowest play rates, just like in X.

Despite being the most casual requested character, Noob’s playerbase will fall dramatically after the first month because casuals ironically hate zoning and will refuse to play a character with a strong zoning base the way he was designed to be and get bopped online and get discouraged. Just like MK9.

Baraka despite being arguably the simplest character in the roster, will coast around top/mid-top tier till they give him an entirely unnecessary buff or nerf.

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
A lot of the most requested characters are going to have some of the lowest play rates, just like in X.

Despite being the most casual requested character, Noob’s playerbase will fall dramatically after the first month because casuals ironically hate zoning and will refuse to play a character with a strong zoning base the way he was designed to be and get bopped online and get discouraged. Just like MK9.

Baraka despite being arguably the simplest character in the roster, will coast around top/mid-top tier till they give him an entirely unnecessary buff or nerf.
I refuse playing zoning characters because I hate zoning yet have no problem fighting any of them. Does that make me a casual player? Don’t think so

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I refuse playing zoning characters because I hate zoning yet have no problem fighting any of them. Does that make me a casual player? Don’t think so
"Casuals hate zoning" is not equivalent to "all who hate zoning are casuals". It is just a fact that zoning is something that is very commonly detested by that demographic, but people outside of that demographic are perfectly capable of hating it too.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The DLC characters are going to be made up of characters that should have been in the game to begin with or guests that take up valuable spots

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Throwing one projectile in a match will result in hate mail calling you a "spammer."

Playing the game will make you a "combo spammer."
I was occused of spamming low hat with buzzsaw in my mix-ups. Not kidding.
I was also occused of cowardness for using block button and waiting for the opportunity to attack

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
This right here. Especially the female characters. Jade, Skarlet, I'm looking at you gals.

Ironically, Jacqui will have a higher pickrate than either of them.
Because my girl Jacqui is gonna be top tier or at least a noob stomper with her insane pressure tools.

She had a consistently higher pick rate than characters like Reptile and Johnny in X because bad players didn’t know how to deal with full-auto, and post XL her other two variations became really good too.

Last edited:

Kratilim

Noob
(possible) Hot take: Some fans will be furious of neither Rain, Mileena or Reptile showing up in MK11 at all. Not in the base game or in DLC.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
You need some reading comprehension pal, don’t mix my words.

Casuals hating zoning doesn’t mean hating zoning makes you a casual.

You can dislike things other people also dislike while being your own person.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
all guests characters will start as being broken ass stuff in this game .... until some patch will try to fix them :p

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I dunno what a "Hot Take" is, but i'll bet MK11 will have 3 of the top 10 hypest moments at EVO this year, and the characters featured in those videos will be labeled broken and op by scrubs worldwide.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I dunno what a "Hot Take" is, but i'll bet MK11 will have 3 of the top 10 hypest moments at EVO this year, and the characters featured in those videos will be labeled broken and op by scrubs worldwide.
Hot take. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. In journalism, a hot take is a "piece of deliberately provocative commentary that is based almost entirely on shallow moralizing" in response to a news story, "usually written on tight deadlines with little research or reporting, and even less thought".

So basically, throw out a strong opinion without putting much thought into it. The stronger the opinion, the hotter the take. I judge your first one pretty spicy, the second one is tame!

kcd117

Noob
Kollector is gonna be the receiver of popularity buffs this time. He will come out just fine, no one will use him, NRS will buff him, no one will use him, they’ll buff him again and suddenly everyone has a pocket Kollector.

Jade is gonna be hella downplayed but we’ll have one in almost every top 8.

Noob will be the first overnerfed character and we will rarely see him in competitive play until they allow full kustom.