What's new

MK11 Post Launch Content Compared to MKX and Injustice 2

D

Deleted member 35141

Yes NRS games always have good content, but please don't include movesets and skins in that conversation. Alot of characters have outright awful costumes aka space cassie or they are the same outfit with like a jacket removed or scorpion a shoulder piece.
Movesets lol most dont even make sense or work properly, camera and throwing shades a perfect example.

Also as far as bugs and being rushed
Towers of time was just injustice 2 towers with make you grind unfair BS noone actually tested.
Bugs really depend on who you play, playing johnny is like wtf then I switch to black and I'm like hes great and things work.
The krypt was amazing in concept but the grind is totally a WB thing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I like a slower schedule, but what they're doing for this game is kinda ridiculous. We should have at least had 2 DLC characters at this point. It's crazy that we're going to go almost 4 months without a balance patch, and absolutely minimal DLC. Maybe they're just trying to get it right?
The big balance patch typically happens around October, not July.

D

Deleted member 35141

ive heard someone else say it and i'll say it again

erron black is only good because he's actually a complete character in comparison to everyone else
Playing him lately I agree, I'll use mixups as a example he has overheads in strings and a low special, wheras sonya and geras have lows and overheads in strings and specials(KB for geras).
Off topic scud shot should use defensive meter to cancel a combo but regular scud shot imo stay the same.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I just want to put out a PSA that MK11's day 1 balance is way better then MKX's was and it's not even remotely close.

I also think it's more balanced then Injustice 2 was at release and I really think the margins between tiers on MK11 aren't that large, people are always going to use the good stuff.

The game has loads of content compared to ANY fighting game out there, certainly any MK game that came before it. Easy. In terms of modes, character skins, character movesets, krypt, you name it. You certainly got your 60 dollar's worth concerning content.

Again, based on what was this a rushed game? None of the bugs bothered me to the point where I was frustrated for buying the game. Online has been just fine as long as I get wired connections. Not saying it doesn't need adjustments but it has been more than acceptable.

The game needs a patch. Needed it sooner than later. But I don't agree with this "it was released too early" bs.
it's clear that it was rushed. there wouldn't be a crunch if it weren't rushed. this was more of a 50 dollar game. mk11 modes: no test your might, no test your luck, no 1000 towers, no tag team, krypt, while is well done in terms of whimsy and glamor, is all flash and no substance; padded out by random chests. character skins: uninspired skins and a downgraded gear system compared to injustice 2. movesets: characters missing whole early abilities and abilities locked out of competitive modes. some replaced with completely useless abilities or abilities that have been adjusted for a base that doesn't play competitively which the competitive ones still can't use. your wired connection doesn't matter. it isn't about you. it's about the high pings and the wifis that we sometimes get forced to deal with. mk11 was RUSHED. mk11 might has well have been the sf5 of mk games

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
The game has loads of content compared to ANY fighting game out there, certainly any MK game that came before it. Easy. In terms of modes, character skins, character movesets, krypt, you name it. You certainly got your 60 dollar's worth concerning content.

Again, based on what was this a rushed game? None of the bugs bothered me to the point where I was frustrated for buying the game. Online has been just fine as long as I get wired connections. Not saying it doesn't need adjustments but it has been more than acceptable.

The game needs a patch. Needed it sooner than later. But I don't agree with this "it was released too early" bs.
The issues the game has are tiny things that with any amount of QC would have fixed. We say it was rushed because QC was obviously skipped. Typically betas are ment to smooth out most games but this game went back to the drawing board during this phase to fix how sluggish the movement felt and even prior to that the multi button input for special moves. Mk11 is a game with polished visuals and incendiary everything else.

I just want to put out a PSA that MK11's day 1 balance is way better then MKX's was and it's not even remotely close.

I also think it's more balanced then Injustice 2 was at release and I really think the margins between tiers on MK11 aren't that large, people are always going to use the good stuff.
people need to stop doing this. mk11 balance compared with mkx balance is meaningless. it is not saying much. we already have clear tiers and character usage and no kotal kahn unfamiliarity is going to change that.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers

I thought ex hat being +24 on block was actually quite fair.

I do think it's currently on the too slow side, but with Injustice 2 was too fast, so i think that they should find a middle ground.
injustice 2s content pacing was very fine. the only thing wrong with it was some balance and the meta. a lot of people were just immediately done with it

The big balance patch typically happens around October, not July.
Yeah but there's always been balance changes with the monthly DLC. I don't mind the wait I just want to how long. This game may fall off a cliff with casuals once the fall/xmas games come out. As a filthy casual I love the game when I'm playing but them having zero communication makes me want to play something else.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
You can't just keep asking the same question regardless of how many times it's been answered and pretend it's still valid. I'm going to give you a few more examples and if I see you ask this again, you're going straight to the ignore list.

The variation system is obviously unfinished. Tournament variations are slapped together and wildly unbalanced.

Hitboxes are proper fucked.

Kombat League was not ready at launch and pushed back several times.

The day 1 "Balance" patch was a rushed disgrace that, instead of tweaking characters like D'Vorah, straight destroyed them as a stop gap measure.

Intros- Revenant and Human dialogue is sloppily mixed together and nonsensical. They frequently refer to each other when only the opposite scenario makes sense. There's no sense of polish.

These are all indicative of a rushed "good enough for now" approach.
You must mistake me for someone who gives a f*ck if I go to your ignore list.

Nothing you said convinced me of a rushed game. While I agree that variations aren't finished, if variations were slapped together with no thought, you'd have a very different game balance-wise. The main problem with variations is that a large number of moves remain unused and they should add more variations, which they said they would do.

Kombat League has nothing to do with the game's launch. To my knowledge, it wasn't even mentioned prior to the game's release. You had ranked, player matches, koth, and ai battles to keep yourself busy.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -

This is not an achievement.

MK9 was legitimately broken at launch (and, so far as I know, still is pretty much). MKX was also busted to fuck and back.
Passing a bar is not an achievement when it's buried in the ground (Halfway to China in MK9's case).

MK11's Day 1 balance is not great. Hitbox bugs make that problem much, much worse.

IMO, NRS fans have very low standards because of how badly designed previous games were. That's ... not a good thing. You're not competing with MK9. You're competing with the popular fighting games of today (and those to be released in the game's life cycle).

That we're 3 months out without a hitbox fix is EXTREMELY BAD.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -

Nothing you said convinced me of a rushed game. While I agree that variations aren't finished, if variations were slapped together with no thought, you'd have a very different game balance-wise. The main problem with variations is that a large number of moves remain unused and they should add more variations, which they said they would do.

Kombat League has nothing to do with the game's launch. To my knowledge, it wasn't even mentioned prior to the game's release. You had ranked, player matches, koth, and ai battles to keep yourself busy.
Yep, welcome to the ignore list. Enjoy your stay with the other prize residents. Happy hour consists of glue and crayons. Potty time consists of multicolor toilet paper art.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
people need to stop doing this. mk11 balance compared with mkx balance is meaningless. it is not saying much. we already have clear tiers and character usage and no kotal kahn unfamiliarity is going to change that.
People are trying to describe this game as being unfinished in comparison to past NRS games so

MK9 was legitimately broken at launch (and, so far as I know, still is pretty much). MKX was also busted to fuck and back.
Passing a bar is not an achievement when it's buried in the ground (Halfway to China in MK9's case).

MK11's Day 1 balance is not great. Hitbox bugs make that problem much, much worse.

IMO, NRS fans have very low standards because of how badly designed previous games were. That's ... not a good thing. You're not competing with MK9. You're competing with the popular fighting games of today (and those to be released in the game's life cycle).

I don't agree with you and honestly there's no point of discussing it when you are gonna take the high ground and generalize my opinions as those of some arbitrary group.

D

Deleted member 35141

Yea completely agree about balance.
Those games also didn't have Krushing blows, I'll use the comparison again geras vs Johnny = KB vs chip damage lol.
Also imagine black adams amazing forward advancing high high move getting d2 KB 30% he might not be considered the clear cut best character day 1 in that game.
Edit- basically comeback moves have become im gonna dominate you in this game.

People are trying to describe this game as being unfinished in comparison to past NRS games so
but it is unfinished. whether that be mechanically or content wise it is unfinished. you don't crunch time your employees into spilling company events for a product that should be at least 99% finished. we don't get spur of the moment kombat kasts with a severely humbled derrick and tyler to address content and towers if they weren't unfinished.

but variations were slapped together. they hastily slapped 2 to each character with most of them doing almost nothing for the character

Reactions: JTC

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

The balance in this game is perfectly fine for the vanilla version of a fighting game.

FG's generally don't come out perfectly balanced at launch. Even if one in 25 releases somehow manages to do it, it's definitely the exception and not the rule.

Vanilla versions of nearly every other popular fighting game, including DBFZ, SF5, Smash etc weren't perfectly balanced at launch either. People need to stop pretending this is a thing and just relax.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
The balance in this game is perfectly fine for the vanilla version of a fighting game.

FG's generally don't come out perfectly balanced at launch. Even if one in 25 releases somehow manages to do it, it's definitely the exception and not the rule.

Vanilla versions of nearly every other popular fighting game, including DBFZ, SF5, Smash etc weren't perfectly balanced at launch either. People need to stop pretending this is a thing and just relax.
Totally agree with this, Smash Melee literally has 6-8 viable characters, but still has managed a super long life without patches. Id go a step farther and say perfect balance just doesnt exist at all.

The only thing is, NRS isnt known for ever balancing their games completely , mostly just adjusting who was what strength, rather than shortening the gap from weak to strong- and I vividly remember this scene not being taken seriously because of their tendencies to make objectively bad fighting games.

haketh

Noob

Please God play more FGs & try to tell me the balance at launch in MK11 is that bad