What's new

MK11 Post Launch Content Compared to MKX and Injustice 2

Im pretty sure 90% of ppl complaining about hitbox issues, dont lose games because of whiffing moves, but more so because they got outplayed. Its usually the ppl putting balance and hitboxes and neutral and whatever fighting game term they think they know into one sentence.
there could be cases of people crying hitboxes but strings literally whiffing that shouldn't be whiffing on certain characters is not outplay. it's bad game design

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
my first hint that the game was unfinished when they added towers into the game in a patch a month and a half after release.... like bro I wish I would've known that mk9 shao kahn helmet wasn't even in the game so I didn't have to check ToT every two hours like a maniac

D

Deleted member 35141

I love when people talk about mk9 like "back in my day we walked to school in the snow".
Gaming in general has totally changed in the last 8 years stop trying to compare one of the most fundamentally broken games to mk11. Online gaming has come a long way since then too.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
The game is fucking amazing and incredibly balanced. I say they should do it right the first time around, even if it's a longer wait for the DLC and patches. Some more information would be nice though, otherwise it's borderline fraudulent to charge $100 without anything beyond Shang at this point.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It's crazy that we're going to go almost 4 months without a balance patch, and absolutely minimal DLC. Maybe they're just trying to get it right?
I'd argue that they didn't get Shang Tsung right. He's fairly disappointing, imo.

The most intriguing aspect of the character in his trailer was morphing into the ninjas. Of course, when we get the character, none of those moves are part of either variation. Instead, we got a solid (albeit boring) variation (Warlock) and one that absolutely no one plays (Spellmaster).

I'd say NRS is fairly lost when it comes to what they're doing with the characters at this point. They built an entire game around custom variations, and then realized that they didn't have time to balance any of it, so we are stuck with characters that feel about 40% complete with movesets that feel like they were drawn out of a hat randomly.

I don't foresee any of that changing with the coming DLC. I think in about a year or so, the game will be in a much better place, though.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Whoooooo cares? Just play the game and level up. More characters is gonna mean more saturation of crap to learn. I'd be fine if there was no DLC for a year!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
People are spoiled. Every year I see us becoming more and more entitled.

It’s crazy to me that as the serious issues have gone down, the complaining has actually gone up.

There’s no way these people playing now would have made it through MK9. Someone is having a hissy fit now because of ‘hitbox issues’ on a few characters? In MK9 we went through infinites, resets and 100% lifebar combos, meter glitch, input bug, player one priority/advantage, characters with literal 9-1 and 8-2 matchups, safe armored launchers, losing 1/3rd life to chip damage.. We could barely even play online with anything resembling normal play. And yet there was actually more appreciation for the game and less developer-bashing. That’s crazy.
You sir are DEF seeing this through MK9 rose tinted glasses.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I'd argue that they didn't get Shang Tsung right. He's fairly disappointing, imo.

The most intriguing aspect of the character in his trailer was morphing into the ninjas. Of course, when we get the character, none of those moves are part of either variation. Instead, we got a solid (albeit boring) variation (Warlock) and one that absolutely no one plays (Spellmaster).

I'd say NRS is fairly lost when it comes to what they're doing with the characters at this point. They built an entire game around custom variations, and then realized that they didn't have time to balance any of it, so we are stuck with characters that feel about 40% complete with movesets that feel like they were drawn out of a hat randomly.

I don't foresee any of that changing with the coming DLC. I think in about a year or so, the game will be in a much better place, though.
Nailed it perfectly .... I feel and think the same, NRS had best intentions with the variations system, but , at release, fucked up all, and so, the tournament standard variations get boring quickly, and you feel bothered for having others moves that you could never use it at competitive level .... this is ludicrous stupid if you don't mind my saying so :cool:

being bold telling, the Kombat League is a joke itself as so the Krypt and its grinding system , so, all complaints here in this thread seems fair, not only nonsense bullshit this time, hehe :p

so my worthless 2 cents, hehe :joker:

Half of the population would be gone by then.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Half of the population would be gone by then.
Possibly, but it is what it is. Honestly, most people who buy MK games only play them for a few months max anyway. The die-hards will stick around and continue to play as long as NRS keeps adding content.

I'd love for the content/changes to come sooner than later, as I'm super bored with the game currently, but I know they won't.

haketh

Noob
Last Blade series was pretty balanced and it had an early variation system with the "speed", "power", and "EX" modes.
Last Blade was absolutely not anything you should call balanced

Logged in after weeks to say the game is trash, dead, and NRS needs to focus on their customers instead of their political agendas and pushing their employees sex change down everyone's throat.

Sucks because NRS was top two devs alongside FROM before this shit show came out.
The hell is your problem with Stephanie

The hell is your problem with Stephanie
I’d wager he, like other people (who are mostly afraid to say it due to backlash), feel that he probably had a lot to do with the SJW agenda-type bullshit that lead to the extreme nerfing of female character appearance, and also simply want politics left OUT of gaming.

Getting a little bored now and a new character would def help me get back in. This week was the first time I actually played another game.

haketh

Noob
I’d wager he, like other people (who are mostly afraid to say it due to backlash), feel that he probably had a lot to do with the SJW agenda-type bullshit that lead to the extreme nerfing of female character appearance, and also simply want politics left OUT of gaming.
So he’s a moron is what you’re saying

Waiting for a Ram Ranch skin for Erron Black
Cracker Barrel Skin

So he’s a moron is what you’re saying

Cracker Barrel Skin
Why in the world would HE be the moron here? Comments like this are the reason why we can't have debate on BOTH sides without someone being an immature person, calling someone out of their names simply because they don't like someone's opinion.

Nailed it perfectly .... I feel and think the same, NRS had best intentions with the variations system, but , at release, fucked up all, and so, the tournament standard variations get boring quickly, and you feel bothered for having others moves that you could never use it at competitive level .... this is ludicrous stupid if you don't mind my saying so :cool:

being bold telling, the Kombat League is a joke itself as so the Krypt and its grinding system , so, all complaints here in this thread seems fair, not only nonsense bullshit this time, hehe :p

so my worthless 2 cents, hehe :joker:
Uh.... Were you drunk when you made this?