What's new

MK11 Post Launch Content Compared to MKX and Injustice 2

Raider

Noob
Another thing that i am really worried about is inevitable drop of interest about the game and players by the time some characters/content will be released.

Do you remember Enchantress?? Do you remember TMNT? They were supposed to be the most interesting and the most hyped additions to the roster but literally no one cared about them just 2 or 3 weeks later. And they were releasing characters monthly for Injustice 2. Same thing will happen with MK11.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
The slow roll of dlc is archaic. The wait for TMNT was a nightmare in Injustice 2, just for them to come out and not be that interesting.

Compare that to MKX's Kombat Pack 2, where they dropped 4 (7 if you count Triborg's variations) at once and it felt like a brand new game. Suddenly you turn your game on and there's so much to see, learn, practice and fight. I'd be much happier to wait 5 or 6 months for them to drop a huge amount of content into the game. The drip feed is so wack

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
How is it obvious that MK11 was rushed exactly? I strongly disagree with this. SFV was rushed. It barely had any content. MK11 has a sh*t ton of content, did so from the very start. It came with one of the largest starting rosters in a fighting game, and that for a game that has this many moves/variations for each character. Considering this, the game could even be called decently balanced. Sure, there's characters like D'Vorah and a lot of balance changes are needed. But again, balance is decent. The netcode is great. It needs more refining/filtering options but it works very well. A full story mode. Tons of kinds of ladders. The freakin Krypt that is a game of itself.

How was this game rushed exactly?

And the last two KP characters aren't even officially revealed yet. Please NRS give us the schedule of the DLCs. Will the DLCs drop monthly ? Will Nightwolf/Sindel be released in July ? It doesn't seem so because it is supposed to drop next week if we follow the I2/MKX schedule, but we don't have anything yet. We don't even know who will be the next DLC to be released.

The gameplay itself is very good but the communication around the game is awful. Usually I don't pre order games, I don't buy Premium editions (or Deluxe or whatever) and I don't buy DLCs that are not out yet, especially Season Passes. I transgressed all those rules for once for MK11 and I will never do it again, even for the next NRS game.

I now remember why I followed those rules, MK11 is a wakeup call.

List of post launch content for all 3 games in first 3 months after the release:

So, are you happy with MK11 post launch content so far?

Just a reminder that we still don't have 5 DLC characters fully revealed and that we still don't have a confirmation or official word on 2 out of 5 unreleased DLC characters.

Maybe give us some kind of roadmap NRS/WB? Like other developers are doing. At least let us know what we gave our money for.
Chalk up another one for MKX

Lokheit

Noob
IMO this is more related to the release date being rushed. The game released with tons of bugs, a huge lot of unrevised texts even in the tutorials, many graphical parts that to this day still look rushed for a AAA game, many towers that seem to be giving incorrect rewards like no one revised them, etc...

The other games were more in a true release state, so they were closer to their DLCs being ready.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
IMO this is more related to the release date being rushed. The game released with tons of bugs, a huge lot of unrevised texts even in the tutorials, many graphical parts that to this day still look rushed for a AAA game, many towers that seem to be giving incorrect rewards like no one revised them, etc...

The other games were more in a true release state, so they were closer to their DLCs being ready.
Practically everything you mention doesn't qualify for this game to be labeled rushed. They can, as you mentioned, all be attributed to bugs that needed fixing. Every game releases with bugs. The release was fine, they just needed to have a patch ready within the first week.

at this point we know the launch for mk11 was shit and there's obviously some shit that went down at nrs hq. it's either damn those devs are slow or take it easy guys, crunch time and ptsd. I just want spawn and a balance patch. I also have no remorse for those that pre-ordered the season pass.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
How is it obvious that MK11 was rushed exactly? I strongly disagree with this. SFV was rushed. It barely had any content. MK11 has a sh*t ton of content, did so from the very start. It came with one of the largest starting rosters in a fighting game, and that for a game that has this many moves/variations for each character. Considering this, the game could even be called decently balanced. Sure, there's characters like D'Vorah and a lot of balance changes are needed. But again, balance is decent. The netcode is great. It needs more refining/filtering options but it works very well. A full story mode. Tons of kinds of ladders. The freakin Krypt that is a game of itself.

What game have you been playing where the net code is great been online at all lol

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Practically everything you mention doesn't qualify for this game to be labeled rushed. They can, as you mentioned, all be attributed to bugs that needed fixing. Every game releases with bugs. The release was fine, they just needed to have a patch ready within the first week.
That's the point the day 1 patch not being ready 3 months later means it was rushed.....

So every time we ask for Kombat Pack content reveal, or simple roadmap/dates. Something that should have been done before the game was released, there is someone repeating: "crunch, crunch, crunch..."
Why didn't they delay the game then? Game release was clearly rushed. Why?
because they want you to be nice and respect the devs but then why was the game rushed? i mean those same devs went on to let people know they were being mistreated and crunched. everyone caught wind, news got out, and now nrs barely talks to us anymore

Im totally fine, i've always said that releasing an overwhelming amount of content over a short period of time is not the best approach. Better pacing the post launch content will give the game more longevity i think, because of the continous feeling that something new is coming.
yeah, dragging shit on with almost dead silence = best approach and good longevity.

My guess is that it's taking longer to do the DLC because they have to get actors to come in and scan their faces and everything. They didn't really have to worry about faces before, and some of the DLC in MKX didn't even need voice actors. Jason, Predator, Leatherface and Alien didn't need a bunch of lines, which made it even easier.

EDIT: Also I do believe MK11 was rushed, and so the DLC is taking longer to prepare because the game probably shouldn't have been out so early.
now that i think about it maybe half the injustice 2 dlc didn't have faces or human faces; red hood, manta, the turtles, hellboy

mk11 has a shit ton of content compared to what? sf5? then sure. compared to mk9 and mkx? not at all. the netcode is good but we were almost a week in of some shit netcode because of an update and all nrs said was, "everything's fine guys. no problems here. maybe it's you."

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
It seems like NRS is having a lot of trouble with their work flow. I'm guessing a lot of staff (or just some key workhorses) have quit or been let go.
I'm all for work / life balance. But at this point there's been time for vacations and regular 9-5 work to be pumping out something.
We've got hitbox bugs from launch that just straight up bust some characters. Balance is a mess. DLC characters are all way off schedule from previous titles. The variation system is incomplete and the promised new tournament variations are not in the game.
We got one DLC (likely done before the game even launched) and then nothing. Radio silence.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
yeah it’s kinda weird how their ass is so puckered when it comes to information this time around. It’s like the prelaunch mkx schedule lol.

Probably had to do with leaking more frequently than Kano. The stream was strong but NRS has their diapers on now. Where is a good leak when you need one? Show a render or a cinematic or something.

D

Deleted member 35141

People need to stop with the we need to see how the meta involves. Didn't realize content and FIXES were meta and I love the game but most the characters are pretty basic so new tech is few and far between.

As much as we want the longevity to last by the time kombat pack 2 came out for injustice no one really cared anymore.
Glad I wasnt suckered into paying the 40 upfront.

Afumba

Noob
Beside of NRS being overwhelmed with the release date, creating the DLC, the backlash at launch, fixing all the issues and balance its also probably a strategie.

They said they would support the game longer than like a year, so maybe they just stretch the same amount of conntent over a longer period. I hope not cuz most people wont wait months for a bit of content and without good sales the content will stop way to soon.

People need to stop with the we need to see how the meta involves. Didn't realize content and FIXES were meta and I love the game but most the characters are pretty basic so new tech is few and far between.

As much as we want the longevity to last by the time kombat pack 2 came out for injustice no one really cared anymore.
Glad I wasnt suckered into paying the 40 upfront.
casuals don't care about a damn meta. they want their characters and skins that they already forked over 100+ for. I didn't pay for the season pass but I'm wondering where these characters at too

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
That's the point the day 1 patch not being ready 3 months later means it was rushed.....
mk11 has a shit ton of content compared to what? sf5? then sure. compared to mk9 and mkx? not at all. the netcode is good but we were almost a week in of some shit netcode because of an update and all nrs said was, "everything's fine guys. no problems here. maybe it's you."
The game has loads of content compared to ANY fighting game out there, certainly any MK game that came before it. Easy. In terms of modes, character skins, character movesets, krypt, you name it. You certainly got your 60 dollar's worth concerning content.

Again, based on what was this a rushed game? None of the bugs bothered me to the point where I was frustrated for buying the game. Online has been just fine as long as I get wired connections. Not saying it doesn't need adjustments but it has been more than acceptable.

The game needs a patch. Needed it sooner than later. But I don't agree with this "it was released too early" bs.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
The game has loads of content compared to ANY fighting game out there, certainly any MK game that came before it. Easy. In terms of modes, character skins, character movesets, krypt, you name it. You certainly got your 60 dollar's worth concerning content.

Again, based on what was this a rushed game? None of the bugs bothered me to the point where I was frustrated for buying the game. Online has been just fine as long as I get wired connections. Not saying it doesn't need adjustments but it has been more than acceptable.

The game needs a patch. Needed it sooner than later. But I don't agree with this "it was released too early" bs.
You can't just keep asking the same question regardless of how many times it's been answered and pretend it's still valid. I'm going to give you a few more examples and if I see you ask this again, you're going straight to the ignore list.

The variation system is obviously unfinished. Tournament variations are slapped together and wildly unbalanced.

Hitboxes are proper fucked.

Kombat League was not ready at launch and pushed back several times.

The day 1 "Balance" patch was a rushed disgrace that, instead of tweaking characters like D'Vorah, straight destroyed them as a stop gap measure.

Intros- Revenant and Human dialogue is sloppily mixed together and nonsensical. They frequently refer to each other when only the opposite scenario makes sense. There's no sense of polish.

These are all indicative of a rushed "good enough for now" approach.