What's new

MK11 'Leaks': A Case-by-Case Analysis

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
@ImperatrixSindel -

i can't (or haven't) kept up...has this been debunked?
JamessMK "prediction"
01/19/201902:01 AM
For those who dont remember or were not around, JamessMK correctly leaked or "predicted" MKXs roster back around this time in 2015. He just went at it again on his Twitter page. For those curious, heres what he had to say;

Fatalities, Brutalities and Animality return.

Roster is; Sonya, Cassie, Johnny, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Skarlet, Baraka, Kronika, Kitana, Shang Tsung, Raiden, Kabal, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Geras Cyrax, Sektor, Reptile, Stryker, Ermac, Kano, Noob Saibot, Smoke, New, New, Jade, Mileena, Fujin & Reiko.

29 spots. 25 main roster and 4 potential DLC if the other 2 Re guests in KP1. Time will tell.

source-
https://mkw.mortalkombatonline.com/t/mk11/jamessmk-prediction/45XDahLNp1Ej
No Jax OR Jacqui? No Kenshi OR Takeda? This leak is bunk-o-matic even before the whole Animalities thing.

Last edited:

SmokeMK

Noob
@ImperatrixSindel -

JamessMK "prediction"
For those who dont remember or were not around, JamessMK correctly leaked or "predicted" MKXs roster back around this time in 2015. He just went at it again on his Twitter page. For those curious, heres what he had to say;

Roster is; Sonya, Cassie, Johnny, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Skarlet, Baraka, Kronika, Kitana, Shang Tsung, Raiden, Kabal, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Geras Cyrax, Sektor, Reptile, Stryker, Ermac, Kano, Noob Saibot, Smoke, New, New, Jade, Mileena, Fujin & Reiko.

29 spots. 25 main roster and 4 potential DLC if the other 2 Re guests in KP1. Time will tell.

source-
Despite very obviously implying otherwise, he later said he doesn’t actually know the roster and that this was just a prediction. Basically, he was attention-seeking.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
@ImperatrixSindel -

JamessMK "prediction"

source-
This reads like someone's best guess to me.

I personally don't buy it.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Lurking other forums I found this gem:
https://www.mortalkombatonline.com/t/mk11/somewhat-plausible-leak-w-specifics/o1no7im06Zk1?page=1
The leaked roster would be:

-----------------
1: Scorpion
2: Raiden
3: Sub-Zero
4: Johnny Cage
5: Sonya Blade
6: Cassie Cage
7: Liu Kang
8: Kitana
9: Takeda
10: Jade (yes!)
11: Fujin (Finally)
12: Kabal
13: Skarlet
14: Baraka
15: Mileena (Unexpected, fan service)
16: Shang Tsung (Awesome)
17: Noob (Very different)
18: Kano (ugh, again)
19: Erron Black
20: Kotal (Strangely there isn't Khan behind his name?)
21: Xtabay (Seems like a new Aztec-based female character, probably of Kotal's race)
22: Aurum (Seems like a new black dragon member, don't know if it is Kano's son, seems a little bit old for that)
23: Geras
24: Kronika
25: Shao Kahn

Plus:
"There are actually 26 characters! Though one is the hidden character who is SMOKE AGAIN! Yah! Kronika, Noob and Shang Tsung must all be unlocked before you can play with them, they aren't as hidden as Smoke though and fairly easy to unlock."
"Kung Lao's model together with Jax, Jacqui, Kenshi, Sindel, Reptile and Ermac are in the game though, so they are probably in story mode as NPC"
-----------------

I really like that roster, no havik nor Reiko but I would take them as DLC. What are your thoughts?

mattteo

Noob
Yeah, this was posted by a guy on trmk who was gone only for about half an hour after debating who he'd want on the roster and came back with this "leak" (you can see his posts in the General MK11 topic there). Unless he went dark web surfing and infiltrated NRS files in that half an hour, there's no way that is real. Xtabay is a Mayan legend demon.

The only ones that could be real so far are the predictions from jamesmk and from the netherkast community discord channel. But even they seem to have flaws.

For example, from the jamesmk "leak":

1. I noticed Reptile and Cyrax on his list.
The 2 along with Rain and Shinnok are grouped as modifiers icons. I would say either all 4 are in or all 4 are out.

2. There's been absolutely no info on Ermac, not from leaks, not from anywhere. What detective work made jamesmk come to the conclusion that he may be in?

3. A tarkatan camp arena makes me think we'll see more Outworld and therefore Kotal, Erron or the new MKX characters from there.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
21: Xtabay (Seems like a new Aztec-based female character, probably of Kotal's race)
22: Aurum (Seems like a new black dragon member, don't know if it is Kano's son, seems a little bit old for that)
At least they put more effort into the "new" characters than, "Yeah, there's new characters besides Geras and Kronika and even though I was told the entire roster, I have no clue what their names are or what they do. Convenient Crazy, isn't it?"

Alec

Noob

Good, good, she better be top tier, I mained the hell outta her in Guacamelee 2!

A Black Dragon? And the name does NOT start with a "K"? Now, that's just blasphemous.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
https://www.mortalkombatonline.com/t/mk11/somewhat-plausible-leak-w-specifics/o1no7im06Zk1?page=1

-----------------
1: Scorpion
2: Raiden
3: Sub-Zero
4: Johnny Cage
5: Sonya Blade
6: Cassie Cage
7: Liu Kang
8: Kitana
9: Takeda
10: Jade (yes!)
11: Fujin (Finally)
12: Kabal
13: Skarlet
14: Baraka
15: Mileena (Unexpected, fan service)
16: Shang Tsung (Awesome)
17: Noob (Very different)
18: Kano (ugh, again)
19: Erron Black
20: Kotal (Strangely there isn't Khan behind his name?)
23: Geras
24: Kronika
25: Shao Kahn

Plus:
"There are actually 26 characters! Though one is the hidden character who is SMOKE AGAIN! Yah! Kronika, Noob and Shang Tsung must all be unlocked before you can play with them, they aren't as hidden as Smoke though and fairly easy to unlock."
"Kung Lao's model together with Jax, Jacqui, Kenshi, Sindel, Reptile and Ermac are in the game though, so they are probably in story mode as NPC"
-----------------

I really like that roster, no havik nor Reiko but I would take them as DLC. What are your thoughts?
We've seen two different character models for Kung Lao in his young and revenant forms and even after that he's still not playable? Fucking lol. The original post mentions Animalities again which have already been freaking deconfirmed.
At least this one bothered to come up with the new characters' names.

vapid

cyber warlord
lol the guy who posted that was such a dickhead - he's banned now. He wasn't around on TRMK for very long before his abrasive bullshitting got too much.

I'm 100000% fine with her not being playable. We already have a time bending character in Geras. She is apparently the boss of all bosses meaning she's probably going to be insanely broken and a good challenge.

I can see her being a boss that's floating around spamming projectiles and traps and fucking with the time clock. Someone no one would actually want to play as.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
So, with the steam achievement list including a character starting with "KOL", some people drew connections to rumors about a character named "the Kollector", who was featured in at least one leak. I remember the name was included in the youtube vid from that GamingZombie dude who claimed to have a leaked roster. That quite obviously was fake, but a few people mentioned that the Kollector character was part of previous leaks/rumors, and was likely copied from there.

Now does anybody either remember or still have earlier leaks in which a Kollector was mentioned? It might be worth looking at them again.
(And it's a nightmare to google because of "Kollector's edition" ;D)

Last edited:

mattteo

Noob
Could that Female Antagonist Leak from the first page hold some validity? It got Frost right, which is a pretty big feat. It got Baraka wrong cause it said those who died in MKX will not come back, but maybe it just didn't know everything.

It says 31 characters including Shao Kahn, so it would make me pretty happy if NRS was actually bullsh**ing us about the 25 and it's true. He mentions Takeda, who we know doesn't really have room anymore to be in after the leak, but if it was 31 characters, he would.

I just wonder what happened with that Daegon and Red Dragons vs Takeda and Kenshi comic that the "leak" mentions was supposed to come with MK11. Did they pull the plug on it?

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
I just wonder what happened with that Daegon and Red Dragons vs Takeda and Kenshi comic. Did they pull the plug on it?
Now that you mention it, the MK11 stort is written by the same person who started that plot in the comics.

Including the scene where armless Goro brings a beaten up Kenshi to Daegon as a cliffhanger that was never continued. That was before MKX story but we never learned what happened.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
The 'Kollector' character has been part of other supposed leaks that have been debunked
(quoting you from another thread)

Do you rememember more about these leaks? I didn't find any mention in this thread.
With the mention of a character called "KOL" in the steam achievements, maybe there is some truth hidden in between made up stuff. Maybe the Kollector idea can be traced back to a common source where supposed leakers got it from? It's possible that several people took it and made it part of their constructed "leaks", but the original source might have been onto something.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
(quoting you from another thread)

Do you rememember more about these leaks? I didn't find any mention in this thread.
With the mention of a character called "KOL" in the steam achievements, maybe there is some truth hidden in between made up stuff. Maybe the Kollector idea can be traced back to a common source where supposed leakers got it from? It's possible that several people took it and made it part of their constructed "leaks", but the original source might have been onto something.
Ask @Juggs, I know he was one of the people who mentioned it. His 'sources' had other information that seemed derived from the Oracle and Salina/Dominic leaks, both now debunked.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Ask @Juggs, I know he was one of the people who mentioned it. His 'sources' had other information that seemed derived from the Oracle and Salina/Dominic leaks, both now debunked.
Thanks!
@Juggs , any idea? Does the new mention of (possibly) the Kollector in the steam leaks make anything you heard worth looking into again? Is there an original source that' might be believable?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Sorry, at this time I have no more information and have nothing I can comment on. Fortunately the game isn’t too far away now, all we can do now is wait.