I see. Well, we might get an answer on that soon.Nope.
Here are the details from the email:
- Ronda Rousey will allegedly be at the Jan 17 community reveal to announce she's voicing Sonya Blade, which would be a big waste of money unless she's a playable character.
- One of the new characters is supposedly named 'Geras', and they say there's potentially a trailer for him coming Jan 17 because Shao Kahn's gameplay isn't ready to show. (This makes sense, as Shao Kahn is the pre-order character, ergo probably doesn't factor into the story mode, and therefore they'd start developing him later on.)
- New gameplay elements that the email says need to be introduced: Custom Variations, Krushing Blows, and Supers.
- A mode is listed called 'Towers of Time', which would make sense as the new version of the Living Towers.
- The email writer pitches showing off a Story Prologue teaser to introduce 'Kronika', presumably the hourglass woman in the Announce Trailer. (A name deriving from Khronos -- Greek god of time -- would track with the way the Elder Gods tend to have names drawn from Japanese or Greek mythology.)
Also, I'd like to get the chance and give you props for the quality of your well written and informed threads. The same goes for @HellblazerHawkman and @Charybdis.
You all do great work.