What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
One thing that's kinda been bugging me since Kano was revealed is that his proportions seemed to be different in the default outfit pic, compared to the Brazilian Not a Pirate pic. The default seems to suffer from NRS giraffe neck syndrome (see: Jacqui) which is IMO one of the things that makes him look especially gawky.

I finally decided to check for myself and overlayed the two images in Photoshop.

So the angle is a little bit off both vertically and horizontally, which makes the comparison not 100% precise... but you can see I got the head down to pretty much the same size. Now look at the difference between the chest piece, the straps, the shoulders. Basically there's no the way the angle difference alone explains how much longer Kano's neck looks in the default pic compared to the Not Pirate pic.

Conclusion: those pics are from two different builds, using two different models, where at least the length of Kano's neck has been altered. The Not Pirate one looks considerably better to my eyes, and I suspect/hope that it is more recent.

What do you guys think?

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
GIVE us trevor goddard mk movie skin
mk 3 and Deadly alliance knife slice move
mk deadly alliance laser restand from long range
Air throw
commando variation moves
Mk x cutthroat 50/50

thats all for now

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I just hope MK11 Kano is a bit like Cutthroat kano. In a slower game cutthroats more neutral & buttons heavy playstyle would be very nice.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Like all the other Kano mains I’m hoping for commando and cybernetic to return and hopefully a new variation that focuses on kano being able to buff his cyber heart, like cutthroat, but without the corny overhead, low cancels.

Base moves: kano ball, air ball, up ball, knife toss, (maybe) choke.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I wonder if we will get a trailer for him kind of like back in MKX. I wouldn't even mind if it's shared with the other reveals released like D'Vorah or whom ever.

Trailers for characters no matter for what game it is is so hype!

pure.Wasted

How to create another shitstorm on TYM 101 :D

---

I can already see the justification for Kano in the story mode : The Kano from this timeline will get killed, and the younger Kano will seek vengeance. Am I right NRS ?
If we're being serious for a second, since MKX started making Kano awesome again, I thought it would be really cool if they gave him a storyline that has nothing to do with the Cage family.

Remember how Sub-Zero kept Sektor's consciousness locked away in the Lin Kuei temple? Well, how rad would it be if the Black Dragon got wind of this and decided they could steal it and then mass produce a line of their own Tekunin? It fits especially well since Kano's the one who gave Sub his scar in this timeline, so they already have a rivalry in the works. And imagine the Black Dragon trying to build/in possession of an entire army, they could be a force to be reckoned with instead of a joke. Hell maybe they could even fight for Earthrealm this time. Untrustworthy mercenary assholes, yes, but fighting against the Netherrealm or whatever.

There's so much potential with a character like Kano if NRS chooses to give him even the tiniest bit of the spotlight. Fuck Kano vs the S-F, we've had that a million times.

Last edited:

vapid

cyber warlord
I hope he gets a Ballin' variation in which his only specials are Kano ball in every possible direction, including a taunt in which he slams himself into the camera (cracking the screen slightly for the rest of the match), spits on the ground, and then shouts "COMMMEEEE ONNN BITCHHHESSS" and cackles a laugh.

He can have his knives, lasers and command grabs in the other variations - in Ballin' he just ball-trolls constantly:

Kano ball up
Kano ball up-right
Kano ball right
Kano ball down-right
Kano ball down
Kano ball down-left
Kano ball left
Kano ball up-left
Kano ball reverse (balls backwards off-screen, hitting the opponent from behind)
Kano ball taunt (hits screen)

Isn't this honestly what we all want?

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Poor Kano, I would love to see him change, becoming more gadgets based instead of Sonya, much more intelligent, and with a silly hobby of being addicted to replacing his own flesh with metallic parts.

If we're being serious for a second, since MKX started making Kano awesome again, I thought it would be really cool if they gave him a storyline that has nothing to do with the Cage family.

Remember how Sub-Zero kept Sektor's consciousness locked away in the Lin Kuei temple? Well, how rad would it be if the Black Dragon got wind of this and decided they could steal it and then mass produce a line of their own Tekunin? It fits especially well since Kano's the one who gave Sub his scar in this timeline, so they already have a rivalry in the works. And imagine the Black Dragon trying to build/in possession of an entire army, they could be a force to be reckoned with instead of a joke. Hell maybe they could even fight for Earthrealm this time. Untrustworthy mercenary assholes, yes, but fighting against the Netherrealm or whatever.

There's so much potential with a character like Kano if NRS chooses to give him even the tiniest bit of the spotlight. Fuck Kano vs the S-F, we've had that a million times.
I really want a kano survival RPG. Imagine if kano is in outworld.....roam roathw wastelands or in the living forest riding dinosaurs. He's literally perfect for his own game it would be a massive hit Too. Imagine all the lore from Mk. Kano could be the next action rpg star.lol

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I hope he gets a Ballin' variation in which his only specials are Kano ball in every possible direction, including a taunt in which he slams himself into the camera (cracking the screen slightly for the rest of the match), spits on the ground, and then shouts "COMMMEEEE ONNN BITCHHHESSS" and cackles a laugh.

He can have his knives, lasers and command grabs in the other variations - in Ballin' he just ball-trolls constantly:

Kano ball up
Kano ball up-right
Kano ball right
Kano ball down-right
Kano ball down
Kano ball down-left
Kano ball left
Kano ball up-left
Kano ball reverse (balls backwards off-screen, hitting the opponent from behind)
Kano ball taunt (hits screen)

Isn't this honestly what we all want?
And for a projectile he spins and throws a cannonball. Seeing as he's a pirate now.

I woukd like to see a Monkey.D.Luffy skin at some point also

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I'd much rather get another different Black Dragon instead, TBH.
What kind of Black Dragon character do you hope for?
I wouldn’t mind if the Kollector was actually the guy from Kabals ending, and also the one that gave Kano his steel-eye thing.

vapid

cyber warlord
We've already got Kano and Kabal, so I doubt we'll get another Black Dragon on the base roster.

If it weren't for Kabal then I'd be up for Mavado returning, but you can't have two guys with hook swords, and obviously Kabal is far more popular. It would be interesting to have a Red Dragon, though...

I wonder if we may get either Daegon or Taven as DLC. Probably not.

pure.Wasted

We've already got Kano and Kabal, so I doubt we'll get another Black Dragon on the base roster.
Kabal's only a Black Dragon in the past, though. So like, Kano still has no one to interact with when he's doing shady Black Dragon shit. (Unless time shenanigans or whatever.)

vapid

cyber warlord
Kabal's only a Black Dragon in the past, though. So like, Kano still has no one to interact with when he's doing shady Black Dragon shit. (Unless time shenanigans or whatever.)
I suppose, but I think unless they're adding Kano's son (doubtful) then two BD is probably enough... I mean we only had one in MKX, right?

Also, NRS have confirmed that Kabal is BD in MK 11, but I agree that the time-travel stuff could mess around with that.

Heh, perhaps the rumoured return of Stryker is true? Maybe they're both still cops when they're younger, and Stryker then teams up with the SF crew to 'save' Kabal in the later timeline... ? :D

pure.Wasted

Also, NRS have confirmed that Kabal is BD in MK 11, but I agree that the time-travel stuff could mess around with that.
I guess we can hope that Kano recruits young Kabal to help him? We've heard so much about Kano and Kabal working together over the years, but never actually seen it. Could be pretty sick.

Although I'm usually against having young time travel characters replace their older selves... but I dunno, Kabal had such a tiny role in MK9, I'm not exactly emotionally invested in Revenant Kabal at this point...