What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
inb4 everyone isn't frame perfect and get hit by d2kb's/microducks. That's a tight jail.
If the match connection is a mess, then yeah, it'll be tough to jail, but the window to jail D3 into S2 is wider than it is to jail D4 into F3 and that's been a staple of Johnny's gameplan since Day 1. It'll just take some people a bit of practice to hit confirm into the S2, but there's definitely enough time if the reactions are there. I don't know. I think it's something worth trying out.

The one that seems to be the most popular is Shades, Rising Star, & Pissed Off for the armor break. Camera + Rising Star is a good one too, but you lose the Shades KB.
I feel shades is a must for camera as it’s much easier to get the kB because of the stun.

In other variations I always used johnnys cancels for pressure or just let it rip.

Jbog

Noob
I've been using rising star rage and pissed off been working pretty well. Surprisingly get rage unblockable almost every match

Did anyone see that video rooflemonger made on the best custom specials in the game? He literally put Johnny's stunt double in the tough 5. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

Also my 2 cents. Johnny was never S tier. Old boy in the comments predicted it accurate af. Ever since NinjaKilla and SonicFox picked him up everyone and their moms was calling Johnny S tier. Meanwhile people like Jax is busted and got buffs. Go figure.

I know my comments are little out of nowhere but I took a huge break from this game and came back

Slick Tony

GT: TheSlickTony - PSN: TH3_AUR3L1U5
With the next MK around the korner, and (let's face it) a high likely hood that our favorite douchebag returns, how do you want him to play? Do you want him to be the only Street Fighter in MK still? Or do you want him to be a plus frame degenerate, again?

I'm on the fence, personally. It felt rewarding out footsieing peeps in 11 but, at the same time, he felt a bit more linear oddly enough. And a little less fun than his unga bunga MK9/X tomfoolery. But, said tomfoolery felt brain dead.

NerOo007

Noob
More than 4 years ago when i saw the screenshot of Johnny Cage framedata i was saying this version of Cage is pure garbage. And when game cameout, i was more then 85% right. His neutral options are nice, but he is too dry.
In new game, i want him to have frame traps. correct plus frames and overhead with out any low options. We need to look at the game before of hoping for anything. Personally i don't belive NRS after Cage was whiffing on half of the cast for like 1.5 years in mk11 ERA ( Force balls ). But i wanna play as a pure pressure character.