What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
At this point it's pretty clear NRS doesn't give a fuck about fixing the forceballs.

I don't even want any fixes or buffs any more.

I'll just take said "pro" players to just stop spreading upplay bullshit around that gets followed blindly like they were Moses with the tablets by 99% of the twitter/reddit playerbase.

How can you go ON and ON on twitter about Cage plus frames, uber pressure, and then when I click on your stream, you get DESTROYED with cage after each 124 and ex forceballs by opponents just walking back or just straight out full comboing you when you press a button after those plus frames because you don't have fast buttons? Surely a genuine pro player can't be that clueless?

I don't even get what's the point. Why would you do that, what's the gain? Are they getting paid to throw attention of the top tiers so they won't get nerfed for the tourneys?

That's the only thing that makes sense.

heildan

NANI?!
I swear to god.
Everyone I fight is suddenly just too comfy against him. Ducking is so weirdly effective in every matchup he has. Its hilarious when people just don't do that. No patience in the world is worth it.

I totally get it guys but can we save the daily/hourly rants for this thread....

Let's try and keep the general some what positive, it's getting old.

Im not having fun with this game anymore, even when I win. All I play against is wi-fi players, rage quitters, counterpickers and tier whores EVERY MATCH.

Error404

Noob
Why the hell would you need to condition someone to respect b34 lmao. Who exactly is checking you out of an 18 frame move on reaction? You fighting god or something?

heildan

NANI?!
Fine.
I'll begin my campaign of #nerfJohnny
Too fast
Damn sexy high
Great buttons
Butter smooth muscles
Nerf nerf nerf

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Fine.
I'll begin my campaign of #nerfJohnny
Too fast
Damn sexy high
Great buttons
Butter smooth muscles
Nerf nerf nerf
Still can't get over that one guy that called him a footsie monster or something like that. I think he also had a kabal avatar which made it all the more hilarious.
Imagine playing Kabal and still thinking Johnny is good.

heildan

NANI?!
What rages me the most is when a top tier players who ain't even playing that well screws you because of 2KBs, bam. RIP Johnny.

Anyway, what you guys been thinking of these MUs?

Geras (nerfed, but got buffed instead) < Dunno, I really miss that gap :( #RIPgap

Chosen One < Probably a losing one, complicated, I hate that his f43 beats our d4 somehow, also as many other moves, totally weird

Nightwolf < Looks even to me, haven't had any trouble from this one, goes back and forth

Edit: Raiden (Isn't he 2m tall, so why does Johnny whiff?) < This is an odd one to me. How do you guys deal with him? So annoying.

The most annoying ones to me have been, in any order:
Sub, Jade, Kang, Kabal, Raiden and Cetrion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 35141

Most of my issues have been against characters that have air projectiles.

kollector I need to lab I don't know whats punishable, when his strings actually end and his rediculous range

heildan

NANI?!
Well, our fellow friend MikeMetroid made top 8 at SummerJam using Show Stopper Johnny today. I was rooting for him.
Let's give him some congratulations.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Lads, I don't wanna be another whiner, but let me know if this is happening to you too.

In the last two seasons I've had the chase my win/loss ratio. Last time, I ended up getting a good WL, this season - just today - I managed to go even.
In no other fighting game before have I ever lost more than I've won. Not MKX with my man Johnny. Not even Injuice 1/2 where I was playing rushdown against keepaway every game. It can't be the sets because in Scalibur 6, ranked were sets and I kicked shit in that game. But for some reason, as I only play Johnny, I'm not doing as well as I do in my other fighters.
I know Johnny's definitely a good character. Solid mid/high-mid IMO, but for whatever reason, I cannot perform as good as I'm used to doing.

I don't mean for this to be an angry rant. Heck, I'm actually really quite happy going on my little win streak to break even today, but it's really irking me, knowing there's SOMETHING about Johnny that's missing. I just can't place it.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Lads, I don't wanna be another whiner, but let me know if this is happening to you too.

In the last two seasons I've had the chase my win/loss ratio. Last time, I ended up getting a good WL, this season - just today - I managed to go even.
In no other fighting game before have I ever lost more than I've won. Not MKX with my man Johnny. Not even Injuice 1/2 where I was playing rushdown against keepaway every game. It can't be the sets because in Scalibur 6, ranked were sets and I kicked shit in that game. But for some reason, as I only play Johnny, I'm not doing as well as I do in my other fighters.
I know Johnny's definitely a good character. Solid mid/high-mid IMO, but for whatever reason, I cannot perform as good as I'm used to doing.

I don't mean for this to be an angry rant. Heck, I'm actually really quite happy going on my little win streak to break even today, but it's really irking me, knowing there's SOMETHING about Johnny that's missing. I just can't place it.
I'm on the same camp.
I can't put my finger on what it exactly is, but I feel it has to do with the way the game is fundamentally built to accomodate crushing blows and fatal blows, arbitrarily favoring certain reads, and making comebacks way easier than before. The meta of the game is also too rigid, if you can't strike/throw mixup you're going to struggle. Has d2 mashing ever been this legit?
Maybe I didn't word it correctly, but I feel like the game just bridges the gap between medium level and low level players way way too much.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

Aside from the fact that he still does have whiffinf issues against some of the cast and his Krushing Blows aren't as easy to pull off as some of the better characters, his lack of a fast mid is one of his biggest issues. F2 would work fine as a mid IMO.

heildan

NANI?!

Same here, my ratio went even for the first time ever. I'm mad. I can't remember the last time I had an awesome match in this game. There are so much scrubbyness going on and he is just too honest of a character for a game like this. You gotta be really precise in a match where you pick Cage, however, it is as this game don't favor his style that much, as he can get mashed from almost everything since a lot of his moves are highs or slower.

Man, there was a fight last saturday where I've won some dudes Jade, which I thought "well, he couldn't win me using Jade, so well, there's no chance against me if he picks another character", and then he just proceeded to bop me up using his Sonya, hahaha. I knew I couldn't win using Cage, it was really hard. So, I did the unthinkable and picked Thin Ice Sub-Zero, I've never used him online and I only know the basics of that character since I did all of his challenge towers back then when the game came out. In the following match I just threw him in a dumpster like he was nothing. That bitch got mixed so hard, I did some easy KBs (specially the slide one) on him, Ice Ball and there he went, straight to ice hell. It was, you know, different. Like easily different, lol.

Last edited: