What's new

My MK11 training schedule notes

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Asked if some people wanted to see this and they said they did. Not a big deal but maybe it’ll help some of y’all. These are just general training schedules and plans really. There will be very detailed notes about the game once it drops, a lot of MU stuff.

I know some of these will sound weird like I’m talking to someone else, but I’m talking to myself, lol.

That’s what I have so far, feel free to use these. Also if y’all have any post them up. I’m really aiming to take MK11 seriously and right now all I can really do is plan ahead.

Attachments

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There’s more notes I have about watching footage of my matches and top player matches, that helps A LOT, at least it helps me.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Am I the only one who watches streams while also playing the game? Especially when I constantly keep getting declined.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This is excellent @Juggs and I agree with the overwhelming majority of it. I don't actually disagree with anything at all listed, all are important and the time requirement is fairly similar to what I would state. The only thing I would add is watching other skilled players play your character, and play MUs you find problematic. I think this is a requirement as well, as it gives you insight into things you may not have thought of while simultaneously allowing you to adjust new knowledge into your playstyle.

Going through every character, MU specific notes, minimum set number of matches before switching characters (mine is 50 minimum so very close), quality training, keeping track of everything, and mandatory offline experience are the most important points listed imo, though all are important. Without these you really can't break the ceiling.

Thread should be a sticky throughout MK11 in the MK11 forum for visibility, and so players can be able to reference.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
There’s more notes I have about watching footage of my matches and top player matches, that helps A LOT, at least it helps me.
Just one thing I like too do is setting Max hard Cpu Vs Max hard Cpu, 3 times with each character until they face the whole roster

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
nahhh .... just put de CPU AI on the Very Hard and try to win 10 times in a row .... next, go ahead online .... more simple ! :p

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Asked if some people wanted to see this and they said they did. Not a big deal but maybe it’ll help some of y’all. These are just general training schedules and plans really. There will be very detailed notes about the game once it drops, a lot of MU stuff.

I know some of these will sound weird like I’m talking to someone else, but I’m talking to myself, lol.

View attachment 13614
View attachment 13615
View attachment 13616
View attachment 13617
View attachment 13618
View attachment 13621

That’s what I have so far, feel free to use these. Also if y’all have any post them up. I’m really aiming to take MK11 seriously and right now all I can really do is plan ahead.
You know you can just long press in your note, select all, copy... then paste in here. Much easier to read and maintain :D

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
As a beginner, who is willing to gonna learn today:

04. Compare movement and mobility between characters.
How do I compare those? Is it just about comparing a hyper-mobile Kung Lao and a not so mobile Baraka, or is it more about small bits and pieces? I remember Tom Brady showcasing it during MK9, where he showed how fast Sektors dash was compared to Reptiles dash, but also how slow Sektors walk speed was compared to Reptiles walk speed.

When I start out in Mortal Kombat 11 (haven't played the beta) I won't know how to determine if a character is fast or not. I think I'll be able to determine if they're mobile though - although that too might depend on their special moves and how viable those are. So what should my point of reference be for a characters movement / mobility? Should I come to TYM and ask who has the fastest walk speed in the game and then try to compare their walk speed to all of the other characters in the game?

06. 1 hour or so with EVERY CHARACTER
Playing them against people / the AI for one hour or spending one hour in the practice mode with them?

Thanks!

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I definitely appreciate you sharing this.
No wonder I only roam around “average” skill level at the games I pick up. My approach towards all games looks like this:

Tutorials
Story
Play online

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Damn this seemes harder then Rocky's training schedule.
Well when you’re not automatically godlike at every FG you touch like SonicFox, you gotta put some serious time into the game. You gotta be dedicated and have goals. Like I’m naturally good at video games, but not naturally GODLIKE at then. And the previous NRS games I didn’t like enough to devote this type of regiment or time to.

Also this was just to help people who want to take the game seriously but don’t know where to start. One key thing I didn’t add in the OP and that others have stated is watching match footage. Watching your own but also watching top players. Like if you have free time but can’t play at that time, watch match footage. If you’re in a rut and not sure what to do with your character, watch match footage. It’s extremely important to learn from other people. Again, unless you’re sonicfox, lol.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I ain't gonna advocate for wasting time on characters you have no interest on. People's time is more valuable than that. Pick the dudes you interested in and focus on that.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
50 matches with characters I hate? No wonder I suck at these games. lol
It makes sense. I mained Jade in the beta. I was getting completely lit up by Scorpions. Finally I took Scorpion to the tower a few times, learned his strings and moves, and then started doing much better against him.

Meanwhile, I almost knew Jade like the back of my hand. So when an opponent would choose her, I knew everything they were trying to do, and how to avoid it.

That familiarity helps tremendously.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
It makes sense. I mained Jade in the beta. I was getting completely lit up by Scorpions. Finally I took Scorpion to the tower a few times, learned his strings and moves, and then started doing much better against him.

Meanwhile, I almost knew Jade like the back of my hand. So when an opponent would choose her, I knew everything they were trying to do, and how to avoid it.

That familiarity helps tremendously.
I have no doubt that it does.

I'm too stubborn though. I absolutely hate Scorpion, thus, I'll never touch him. lol

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
or just be a shitter and do the following instead

1- pick only the character(s) you interested in
2- Come to the forum and downplay them non stop regardless of how good they're
3- Cry to get every other character nerfed
4- Pull a tier list outta your ass and post it here to reinforce your agenda
5- Get laughed at by everyone and your opinion disregarded for a long time to come
6-????
7- profit!!