What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

K3M1K4l

Banned
Cheers for the advice... 124 is really good, 124 if blocked you can do f4 cage rage or just f3 stagger in throw on hit right and shimmy b34? what else am i missing
I just picked him up last week so I’m learning but he’s pretty safe. On a good hitbox midscreen, U can do things like 124 into f3 stagger but Instead off throwing, go back into 124 then make a read. I try to give people the Batman treatment. Of course that isn’t safe but just an example of many optionsp.

B2 is also good micro dash after plus frames to catch downpokes, as said before in this thread. Y’all can keep complaining!!

Last edited:

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Lads. Kosmetic question.
Has any of you managed to get Johnny's hand wraps either 'Ribbons of Glory' or 'More than a beating'?
It's the classic Johnny lookin' bandages. I've cleaned out to krypt twice, and bought all of kollector's shit. Do I need to go gamble at the shrine slot machine or just pray to RNGesus for Kronika Vaults?
I have unlocked what I could from Krypt chests I think, even got the severed head as well - still no sign of either glove pair. I think at this point it's about dropping your prayers at RNGesus feet when you donate 75.000 Koins at the shrine

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I have unlocked what I could from Krypt chests I think, even got the severed head as well - still no sign of either glove pair. I think at this point it's about dropping your prayers at RNGesus feet when you donate 75.000 Koins at the shrine
Problem is, I haven't seen ANY Johnnies wearing these hand wraps.
I'm almost positive NRS forgot to put 'em as a reward for the krypt. OR they fucked up and it's actually rewarded elsewhere.
See my twitter post about misplaced rewards:
Y'know what. I'm pretty sure there's just dev at NRS that really doesn't like Johnny.

I'm almost positive NRS forgot to put 'em as a reward for the krypt. OR they fucked up and it's actually rewarded elsewhere.
Y'know what. I'm pretty sure there's just dev at NRS that really doesn't like Johnny.
I hope the Sonya skin I've been looking for for weeks in that damned shrine isn't in fact a ToT reward.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Given NRS' history - lets just say I wouldn't be surprised LOL. I've spend a lot of time in the Krypt as well as ToT so it could be very likely that this is the case

I dont think I can ever play ranked again, all I get is 140 ping every match... fucking hell. At least give us the option to decline wireless players

I don't know if it's known, but I think I discovered another hitbox issue (sorry I can't keep track of all of them).
I think I'm gonna create a new series of gifs caled "Daily Whiffing Issue Show starring Johnny Cage".

If LK does his f43 and JC stand blocked it, if he goes crouch blocking before the blockstun of the second hit of the f4, the last part of the f43 (mid) will whiff and can be full combo punished.

Johnny is a character that suffers so much of his whiffing issues that he has to exploit the opponent's whiffing issues against him to win battles. It adds so much depth to the gameplay :)

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
I don't know if it's known, but I think I discovered another hitbox issue (sorry I can't keep track of all of them).
I think I'm gonna create a new series of gifs caled "Daily Whiffing Issue Show starring Johnny Cage".

If LK does his f43 and JC stand blocked it, if he goes crouch blocking before the blockstun of the second hit of the f4, the last part of the f43 (mid) will whiff and can be full combo punished.

Johnny is a character that suffers so much of his whiffing issues that he has to exploit the opponent's whiffing issues against him to win battles. It adds so much depth to the gameplay :)
That's just so insane.

kevkopdx

Noob
I have the hand wraps, one of my fave gears for him

This is kinda hard to do online cause of delay, I can get it everytime in training mode but online I get jailed into crouch block a lot of the time.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

This one was found back in April. The issue ends up being that a knowledgeable Kang player staggers, and can blow you up hard. There's more risk than reward.

This is kinda hard to do online cause of delay, I can get it everytime in training mode but online I get jailed into crouch block a lot of the time.
I just tried it with offline delay input and it seems doable online. But yeah the timing is different.

This one was found back in April. The issue ends up being that a knowledgeable Kang player staggers, and can blow you up hard. There's more risk than reward.
Sorry then, but there are so many whiffing issues that I've lost track.

Last edited:

heildan

NANI?!
If they don't fix the hitbox issues they better give him an overhead, so we got a way to condition our opponents to block high.

Played a ton of Shang tsungs today along with Erron,scorpion and miscellaneous female hitbox characters.
One guy saw my forceballs whiff on Shang(I do it out of habit) and literally said into his mic “wow this character gets worse every day.”

I was kinda hoping there would be a patch by now and all the Ls I took in the league today have discouraged me from wanting to play.

Oops not in rant thread lol.

I think I'm gonna focus on another character for now. It has reached a point where it's not even fun anymore. I never thought I'd say that but playing Johnny is boring. I'm gonna either focus on either No Holds Barred Sonya or Kitana. I'll be back as soon as Johnny's hitboxes will be fixed. And, by the way, I really hope he's not gonna be nerfed or buffed in the first balance patch. How can you tell if a character needs buffs or nerfs when he has so much hitbox issues ?

And, please NRS, if you're not going to fix them like in MKX, please at least do not say it adds "gameplay depth" this time, that's just insulting.

Played a ton of Shang tsungs today along with Erron,scorpion and miscellaneous female hitbox characters.
One guy saw my forceballs whiff on Shang(I do it out of habit) and literally said into his mic “wow this character gets worse every day.”

I was kinda hoping there would be a patch by now and all the Ls I took in the league today have discouraged me from wanting to play.

In league all I played against is WIFI high pings, trying to time anything with Johnny vs 180 ping makes my blood boil one game was 400+. Apparently it isnt region locked either, so not only are you vs someone with WIFI but he's also in a different continent to you. Fucking A

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

I played one game in the league and won. Then I stopped. Perfect record for this season!

It's funny how his moves whiff even against himself in mirror matches. Seriously, why do people say the problems are worse in MKX? Fighting against Goro in particular and females, yea, they're still broken. But everyone feared the overhead so much that players would usually block 1,1 to be safe. Despite the issues, you could usually force whatever character you're fighting to play your game if your cancels were on point. That's the problem in MK11, nobody respects you. You can't always rely on D4. What's to be afraid of anyway? Just block low.