What's new

MK10, Projectiles should trade

Do you think Projectiles should trade each other

• Yes, it would balance Zoning a bit

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • No, MK should stay MK

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
lol of course you think it's the best because it's now the way you want it. in terms of balance, mk9 is probably the worst game out right now, and you guys are the ones who made it that way. if you were really a mk purist, you would stop trying to make is like sf. if you want fireball trades, go play sf. oh wait, no one want to because it's boring.

your trolling is pathetic and obvious

That could be difficult to implement, how should a spear trade with Strykers gunshots? I like different projektiles and different heigths/projectile arcs. But every char needs a counteroption like projectile invul normals (upper body invul, low body invul), the NRS zoning limits your options to dashblock or jumping and I think this is not very interessting, it´s retarded.

And....please insert linkable chains and pushback on hit

Making a few system changes won't ruin MK. I swear people get way too dramatic about reasonable ideas that can be designed around so zoning will still be good.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Yeah, according to your cristal ball yes...

sorry dude, having a discussion about it doesn't hurt a limb.

though i agree with some of the things you said, though i don't point my fingers to anyone and say "you guys this, you guys that" that is not being educated as much as real as you can be.
wow lol. okay i didn't know you'd seriously be in denial about that. have it your way, i guess some anonymous entity ruined mk and tym had nothing to do with it and they're innocent. i just don't see why you'd want fireball trades in a game that never ever had the, when you could just play sf that has them and has always had them. you don't see the capcom community trying to change core mechanics of sf because they're content with their boring game.

btw how would teleports work in this sf x mk monster you're proposing?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
wow lol. okay i didn't know you'd seriously be in denial about that. have it your way, i guess some anonymous entity ruined mk and tym had nothing to do with it and they're innocent. i just don't see why you'd want fireball trades in a game that never ever had the, when you could just play sf that has them and has always had them. you don't see the capcom community trying to change core mechanics of sf because they're content with their boring game.

btw how would teleports work in this sf x mk monster you're proposing?
honestly, i give up, besides your avatar is making me run away from you smh.

zaf

professor
I would not be for this.

Mk zoning is unique and fire ball trading is part of the meta game. Different fireballs have different speeds allowing people to trade and have different recovery frames to still avoid projectiles. Sub zero vs sektor comes to mind

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
again fuck that "mk must be mk", srsly what defines mk? it's all about fatality, gore,... Competitive players want deep gameplay, casual players don't give a shit about gameplay, always just "story should be this", "story will be abc xyz", they don't even use block button and don't care about fireball trading, tier list,... you guys are getiing too dramatic about MK gameplay when MK actually always change lol. yeah, how about bring back run button, stage transition uppercut, corner pushback, sidestep, chars' own combat styles, air combo, death trap, motor kombat, chess kombat, puzzle kombat, konquest, p1 advantage, bugs and glitches. Yeah, bring back everything, make mk10 the real mk game

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
again fuck that "mk must be mk", srsly what defines mk? it's all about fatality, gore,... Competive players want deep gameplay, casual players don't give a shit about gameplay, always just "story should be this", "story will be abc xyz", they don't even use block button and don't care about fireball trading, tier list,... you guys are getiing too dramatic about MK gameplay when MK actually always change lol. yeah, how about bring back run button, stage transition uppercut, corner pushback, sidestep, chars' own combat styles, air combo, death trap, motor kombat, chess kombat, puzzle kombat, konquest, p1 advantage, bugs and glitches. Yeah, bring back everything, make mk10 the real mk game
don't forget infinites

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Like why couldn't they keep Ermac's corner infinite, Cyrax's teleport infinite, and Kabal's block infinite? They ruined the game with those patches.
yeah, MK9 is the most fake Mk game ever, and MKDC is probaly the most real MK and must be the best MK game ever since MK4!!! You know, they bring back Mr. Tobias, Run System and also the game has Midway logo, unlike MfaKe9

cyke_out

Noob
lol of course you think it's the best because it's now the way you want it. in terms of balance, mk9 is probably the worst game out right now, and you guys are the ones who made it that way. if you were really a mk purist, you would stop trying to make is like sf. if you want fireball trades, go play sf. oh wait, no one want to because it's boring.
The biggest game franchise in the Fighting genre. the game that is the headliner at all major Tournaments. The game that attracts the most players and the largest prize money. Please tell me just how does no one want to play SF?

I'm fine with MK being different from SF, Projectile trading or not both offers interesting takes on zoning wars. One isn't better than the other, and both can offer new tactics and thinking as long each zoning game is properly balance within each separate game engine.

But you are doing yourself no favor's by talking out of your ass and putting down SF without a shred of evidence to back up your claim.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Trading projectiles would make every character a rushdown character, and I prefer diversity over all. By the way, patch lovers, Kabal haters, stop pretending there are characters imposible to defeat. If you lost, then your opponent was better than you -and that rarely means he is better than you, most of the time it means he had a better performance in that encounter-. I think DJT proved that better than anyone in EVO 2013.

I'm sorry but I thnk this is a terrible idea for MK10. The thing that makes MK zoning unique from SF is that every character has a different type of projectile with different properties. How would projectiles like Shang Tsungs ground skull or Sektors up missile trade? Would Strykers gunshots destroy the other projectiles and then still hit the opponent with the second shot? Reptiles force balls and Sub Zeros ice ball would become nearly useless outside of combos. The best part about zoning in MK is the diversity and there is no way to have fireball diversity but still have trading.

cyke_out

Noob
I'm sorry but I thnk this is a terrible idea for MK10. The thing that makes MK zoning unique from SF is that every character has a different type of projectile with different properties. How would projectiles like Shang Tsungs ground skull or Sektors up missile trade? Would Strykers gunshots destroy the other projectiles and then still hit the opponent with the second shot? Reptiles force balls and Sub Zeros ice ball would become nearly useless outside of combos. The best part about zoning in MK is the diversity and there is no way to have fireball diversity but still have trading.
Yes there is. the VS game have it with beams vs fireballs (beams cut through fireballs and still keep going, so yes, Stryker would cancel a gas blast and then rest of the bullets would hit) or games like Darkstalkers were fireballs push each other depending on the strength of the projectile. If fireballs don't collide then they don't cancel out either, such as low, high, or air fireballs.

I'm not saying I want fireballs trading in MK, but you can have diverse zoning with trades.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I have trust in NRS. They obviously know how to make fighting games, im fine with making suggestions, but this is like a really huge gamechanger, and like other said, alot of projectiles have different properties and the trading, i dont see it work. Just because kabal could iagb the way he does in mk9 doesnt mean hes gonna do the exact same thing in mk10 again. Im sure NRS staff follows streams aswell.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Very positive that this will not happen..

Besides, MK is MK.

Just give us all of those PS Vita skins and more in MK10. I want more DLC too, dammit!