What's new

MK1 Story Spoilers Discussion

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
am I the only one who actually hates this uninspired, forced and cringy mash-up characters?
I loved that they were there. The timeline arc of MK's story is really stupid, and I'm glad they stopped taking it seriously. This is a goofy ass game, and they made the story fun. That's perfect. X and 11 took themselves way too seriously

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
If it wasn't, we would have seen female characters turned to male.
Except there are far more make characters in this game than female, so it makes no sense to do it the way you suggest. The unbalanced male to female ratio on the roster makes a genderswap in favour of a female character more likely.

Last edited:

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
but there is a simple solution.

bring back more female characters that already exist in the franchise: Sonya, Skarlet, Kira, Ferra(with or without Torr), D'Vorah, Cassie, Jacqui, Sheeva, Jade, Khameleon, Sareena, Kia, Jataaka, Frost, even fucking Cetrion or playable Kronika.

GO GET THEM TO THE GAME!!

Or - another idea that can blow your minds - Introduce a brand new female characters - WOW, SUCH A KRAZY IDEA!

but please stop messing with genderswaps - that's ridiculous.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
bring back more female characters that already exist in the franchise: Sonya, Skarlet, Kira, Ferra(with or without Torr), D'Vorah, Cassie, Jacqui, Sheeva, Jade, Khameleon, Sareena, Kia, Jataaka, Frost, even fucking Cetrion or playable Kronika.
Both
Jade and Cassie
were leaked to be future DLC. So that's already happening.
Or - another idea that can blow your minds - Introduce a brand new female characters - WOW, SUCH A KRAZY IDEA!
They're not doing new characters this time around.
but please stop messing with genderswaps - that's ridiculous.
MK isn't the first and won't be the last franchise that "messes" with that and I'm perfectly fine with it. So are most people, I'm willing to bet. The difference is that people who are fine with it won't talk about it as much online as people who have a problem with it.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
yea, I'm not a fan of that and it bothers me but at least I provided you the reasoning behind that and wrote some alternative options that might be explored instead of hurting die hard fans like myself.
It's not like I'm against female fighters or don't want them in game at all. I'd love to have more and yet I've proven that there are more that can be taken from the franchise itself without destroying characters that already exists and are well established. I'm all for diversity - if it's introduced in a good way (not forced - but that's other topic).

Why should I convince myself if I'm ok with genderswapping Cyrax, if that's not how I feel?

I could probably accept - let's say - female Nightwolf. But only when my OG boi Nightwolf exists parallely and is her mentor/ancestor/whatever.

Whatever has already been established - let's not mess with it. I'm a huge fan of moving forward. Introducing new characters, new archetypes and expanding the story further. That's why I loved the idea of MKX. Execution of this great idea - I prefer not to speak :)

high 5

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
This game is all about the mashup characters. We even have two on the main roster if you consider Kuai Liang+Scorpion and, at least in my opinion, Tanya+Jade.

Edit: Only semi-related and maybe I'm just not knowledgeable about the characters but Rain's new playstyle gives me Cetrion with an Aquaman twist kinda vibes.

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of moving forward. Introducing new characters, new archetypes and expanding the story further.
Yeah but that is all a risk that requires effort and talent...where-as introducing character X and saying "This is not a new character. This is actually [recognizable character Y] so you must like them if you like [recognizable character Y]" is much easier. It's just turning a character into a mini-brand within a brand and trying to enforce brand-name loyalty. Details? Unimportant. [brand] has the name [brand] so you must love it because you loved [brand].

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Dear god man, Cyrax is going to be in a metal suit for 99.9% of the fucking game, I don't give a fuck what genitals they happen to have between their legs. Male Cyrax? Cool. Female Cyrax? Cool. I'm just happy Cyrax is in. If the fact they're now female truly bothers you and means that you won't play them, you have deep rooted issues, because it makes fuck all difference to their gameplay.

Motherfucker's need to touch grass I swear.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
you know that some people here care about more things than just gameplay, right?

And that Mortal Kombat is for us something more than just a game where two random sticky figures are performing fatalities on each other?

It has nothing to do with "deep rooted issues" but I'm not sure you will understand it, as it seems you tend to throw everyone who disagrees to racists/misoginists/insert-random-insult bucket. But no worries, I get it is a trend now, so I got used to that.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
you know that some people here care about more things than just gameplay, right?

And that Mortal Kombat is for us something more than just a game where two random sticky figures are performing fatalities on each other?

It has nothing to do with "deep rooted issues" but I'm not sure you will understand it, as it seems you tend to throw everyone who disagrees to racists/misoginists/insert-random-insult bucket. But no worries, I get it is a trend now, so I got used to that.
Ahhh yes, the old “you’re not as big a fan of MK as me because you’re not throwing your toys out of the pram about a gender swap”. Probably been a fan since before you were born.

Go on, tell me how them gender swapping Cyrax really affects you. I’d say it’s a good solution as the game has barely any female characters, and people want Cyrax in. They’re a fucking cyborg anyway (or in this case, in an iron man like suit), so it isn’t KEY to their character, but it helps balance out the roster because it’s a shockingly overwhelming sausage fest. What part of Cyrax being male initially was KEY to his character btw? None.

And you and others keep saying “but there’s plenty of other female characters, or create new ones!”. Irrelevant. Their new characters tend to suck ass, and some of the other female characters are getting added, but the key difference is that they AREN’T Cyrax. They won’t have their moves or general design, and people want Cyrax back. So NRS have come up with what I think is a good solution.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I can back up only one thing from above post.
MK11 is a sausage fest and we definitely need more females.

I already told you my solutions to this problem, without ruining something that has already been established - but seems you consider them irrelevant for some reasons. So I'm not going to convince you, because however I will put it and whatever I will say, you will not change your mind.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp

I already told you my solutions to this problem, without ruining something that has already been established - but seems you consider them irrelevant for some reasons. So I'm not going to convince you, because however I will put it and whatever I will say, you will not change your mind.
FWIW I don't think any of your points were unreasonable.
Let's hope they do such a good job with the character that even those who don't like the idea end up enjoying the execution.

ItsYaBoi

Noob

Fair enough.

I just think people are making a massive deal out of this. When Cyrax arrives, we will see whether the character is done justice. I don't care what gender they are to do so, I just hope the character is fleshed out, done well, and also has awesome gameplay.

Dear god man, Cyrax is going to be in a metal suit for 99.9% of the fucking game, I don't give a fuck what genitals they happen to have between their legs. Male Cyrax? Cool. Female Cyrax? Cool. I'm just happy Cyrax is in. If the fact they're now female truly bothers you and means that you won't play them, you have deep rooted issues, because it makes fuck all difference to their gameplay.

Motherfucker's need to touch grass I swear.
would be interesting to see if you would think this way or say the same to kitana fans if they decided to make kitana into a dude.

The argument of it doesnt matter if its male or female because the gameplay bro is laughable,cause then we might aswell have all characters be the traing dummy doll from tekken and well there you have it the gameplay is different the rest dont matter,lol

you should be the one needing to touch grass,with they way you think.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
would be interesting to see if you would think this way or say the same to kitana fans if they decided to make kitana into a dude.

The argument of it doesnt matter if its male or female because the gameplay bro is laughable,cause then we might aswell have all characters be the traing dummy doll from tekken and well there you have it the gameplay is different the rest dont matter,lol

Genderswapping Kitana makes no sense when the game is already a sausage fest you dense fool.

Congrats on making the biggest clown post in this entire thread. Considering some of the competition, that is impressive.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem

Except the difference is that Kitana is a more flushed out character than Cyrax and changing her gender changes her relationship with other main characters. Cyrax has fuck all in character development terms.

Genderswapping Kitana makes no sense when the game is already a sausage fest you dense fool.

Congrats on making the biggest clown post in this entire thread. Considering some of the competition, that is impressive.
ohhhh really,you went from male or female it doesnt matter,yall mfrs need to touch grass to now suddenly speaking of what makes sens to gender swap and what doesnt hahhahaha,something something deep rooted issues correct??

very interesting indeed,and very amusing to see you abandon your argument so easily.

i tought the gameplay is what matters acording to you?

you are the clown here and you exposed yourself within 1 reply,thank you.

Except the difference is that Kitana is a more flushed out character than Cyrax and changing her gender changes her relationship with other main characters. Cyrax has fuck all in character development terms.
30 years of established character lore and a loyal fan base,just because he doesnt have a love interest doesnt mean its ok to gender swap him.

You are either ok with any and all gender swaps or with none of them,very simple no inbetween,but looks like some of you insist on being hypocrites

Elias6999

Mournful Master
They will explain why Cyrax is female in their bio… probably Cyrax is just a mantle, kind of like Sub-Zero, so anyone could be “Cyrax”.