What's new

MK1 Patch Notes

Art Lean

Noob
Someone told me that cheap bullshit in Invasions has been nerfed.

Can anyone verify how that mode fares?

Is the A.I. still almost fully armored?
They've made you take damage now when armor is equipped (granted I'd always assumed this was how it was meant to be originally).

This now means to get a flawless victory whilst XP farming you have to get a genuine flawless victory to get maximum XP; whereas before the armor made you invincible and still counted as a flawless victory even if you got hit.

Goodbye easy XP farming, at least I'd leveled most of my characters to get most of the gear I wanted already :(

Last edited:
Lao Kameo doesn't feel different at all tbh. It still needs a few more seconds imo.

Also agree that Cyrax nerf was a bit too much on top of nerf to FB meter building.

There's several kameos drowning in huge cooldowns already. I don't think you can go about nerfing things this way- you're just removing the game's main gimmick. Reiko grab damage was nerfed, cool, now let me use Darrius more than twice a match plz

Weird that Ashrah's damage wasn't touched, and no changes to Johnny. I suspect those characters are in for a larger rework.but does anyone think Johnny isn't top 1 now?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I'm happy with the patch. I would like to see something done to Sento because this 2 vs 1 thing is just ridiculous. Unless theres a way to deal with it that I haven't seen yet

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
They've made you take damage now when armor is equipped (granted I'd always assumed this was how it was meant to be originally).

This now means to get a flawless victory whilst XP farming you have to get a genuine flawless victory to get maximum XP; whereas before the armor made you invincible and still counted as a flawless victory even if you got hit.

Goodbye easy XP farming, at least I'd leveled most of my characters to get most of the gear I wanted already :(
Yeah, but, is the A.I. still using armor all the time?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
All the people cheering for no longer seeing as much Cyrax are going to be crying a month from now when they realize all this patch has done is make Lao twice as common.
I'm perfectly fine with Lao being the strongest kameo for now. At least Lao doesn't force you to block for an extra 10 seconds while you eat an extra helping of chip damage and block pressure while your opponent builds multiple ticks of meter. I would rather every player pick Lao kameo until the end of time than ever have to block a single side copter ever again.

Naw, this nerf was too hard. Cyrax would've been fine with the recently perfect block change along with a regen rate nerf. NO ASSIST OUTRIGHT SHOULD TAKE 1 FULL BAR.
the better option was to make it so this move wasnt broken, now its just broken less often. Stop defending the move almost everyone used always, the issue wasnt just making everything safe it also extends throws which perf block doesnt help

All the people cheering for no longer seeing as much Cyrax are going to be crying a month from now when they realize all this patch has done is make Lao twice as common.
They are literally crying in this thread day 1.5 of the patch. I’m not surprised about the damage nerfs and cyrax nerfs but Barakas walk speed? Why?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Lao Kameo doesn't feel different at all tbh.
The cool down seems to have been increased by 1.5 seconds. 2 at most.

Meanwhile, Cyrax's helicopter takes an eternity to recover. Yes, the move needed a nerf or two, but in typical NRS fashion, they went overboard, indirectly nerfing lots of mid tier characters.

Why would you bother using helicopter in strings when you can use low hat? The cool down is significantly less and you are +2 on block.

You can easily argue that this game is more unbalanced than before. Expect to see a ton of Kung Lao kameos. And then in the next patch, expect low hat to have a 30 second cool down.

Naw, this nerf was too hard. Cyrax would've been fine with the recently perfect block change along with a regen rate nerf. NO ASSIST OUTRIGHT SHOULD TAKE 1 FULL BAR.
Yeah any assist being a full bar is never gonna be worth it, and it is the laziest way to nerf something. They could have changed it so that only the first hit comes out on block, similar to punchwalk, so that it's still good for combos

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
i dont. i want an honest fighting game without neutral skip, braindead pressure and 500 damage from every touch. mk1 is heading in the right direction for me.
MK has never been that, and never will be that

and stuff like Cyrax wasn't all that was removed, some attacks having followup for more kombos are also gone and we've lost a bit of the variety and freedom with these changes

and thats just what people can find, as NRS has been incompetent again and we still dont even have notes

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main

its still just as easy

armor isn't needed for the triple threat grind, just high damage

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.

Meanwhile, Cyrax's helicopter takes an eternity to recover. Yes, the move needed a nerf or two, but in typical NRS fashion, they went overboard, indirectly nerfing lots of mid tier characters.

Why would you bother using helicopter in strings when you can use low hat? The cool down is significantly less and you are +2 on block.

You can easily argue that this game is more unbalanced than before. Expect to see a ton of Kung Lao kameos. And then in the next patch, expect low hat to have a 30 second cool down.
I called this.

All they had to do was allow the Kameo meter to drain completely when cyrax is flawless blocked.

Coupled with the chip and meter change in this patch by flawless blocking this wouldn't have gutted cyrax as apposed to his current state.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
All of you are fools for celebrating in a vacuum and not looking at the big picture here. You still have Kameos who aren't worth using still even after the patch. Only thing that will be consistent going forward is Lao. And even then he will get gutted as well meanwhile the other Kameos are still not worth using.

As soon as a character shines he will be crippled by knee jerk nerfs. Pretty soon NRS will sell you kameos that are over the top AKA pay to win.

Hell that's probably the plan...

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I don't think this patch is completely indicative of how NRS will approach balancing the game. I think this was just them taking the easy, obvious path of bringing down the obvious overperformers early on, with some of the weaker characters suffering as collateral damage due to the Cyrax nerfs.

They were obviously sitting on this patch for some time, and only waited until after ECT to release it, and now they have time to really look at what characters and kameos are still struggling and what buffs they'll need now that Cyrax isn't as large of a factor in balance. Call it the optimist in me, but I'll wait until the next patch to really get a feel for what they want this game to play like, and if it disappoints, I'll be singing a much different tune.

All of you are fools for celebrating in a vacuum and not looking at the big picture here. You still have Kameos who aren't worth using still even after the patch. Only thing that will be consistent going forward is Lao. And even then he will get gutted as well meanwhile the other Kameos are still not worth using.

As soon as a character shines he will be crippled by knee jerk nerfs. Pretty soon NRS will sell you kameos that are over the top AKA pay to win.

Hell that's probably the plan...
That’s what always happens though, they kneejerk nerf everything until the final support patch and a character who’s super op gets dropped or something broken with an existing character gets discovered and everyone’s SOL, now you’ve ended up with the same situation as you did at the beginning of the games life with everyone using the same character and people whining about it being boring.

I guarantee one of the DLC characters will be SUPER broke in true nrs fashion and people will be begging for the days of raiden,baraka and johnny back.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Exactly what I was hoping wasn’t going to happen but was afraid WAS going to happen. NRS is allergic to slight nerfs. All they needed to do was slightly nerf a few Kameos, a few characters, and then buff the rest. And the buffs didn’t have to be insane or anything either. Because with the nerfs, you wouldn’t need super buffs.

And this is exactly why people drop NRS games. Or at least it’s why I do. I’m not going to invest hours and hours for months just for it to not just change, but change completely. Literally wasting my time for no reason ¯\(ツ)

rifraf

Noob

Oh no. That's honestly the laziest way to go about it. When you start removing things, where do you stop?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Previous games (excluding the borefest of mk11) had dramatic changes to the core gameplay, but those AT LEAST included lots of buffs and new ways to play characters. I remember in MK9 when Noob Saibot got portal setups that looped into themselves and finally made Noob a character that had a fun gameplay instead of simply fullscreen zoning 50/50s. Or also, when they gave Kitana and Shinnok those jump punch cancels for float and air teleport. Shit like that was amazing.