What's new

MK1 Patch Notes

Some random stuff I found that probably no one cares about:
They finally fixed the notification circles in the menus (yay)
They added a single item to the shrine (huzzah)
They added Kameo frame data on block to the in-game hud. Still no frame data for Up Block or Kameo hit advantage though.
The Move List page remembers where you last were and if the advanced view was selected.
They reset my Input Window Timing to Long, for some reason.

Last edited:

Skybox

Noob
Reptile:
Enhanced Acid Spit is now unbreakable in a Kombo

Seems as though most of his specials are now

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Holding out hope that the only reason why we haven't received detailed patch notes for the balance tuning is because the PC patch apparently hasn't shipped yet

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Online is already much more enjoyable not facing Cyrax +OB 7 out of every 10 matches. This is what nerfing should always be like. Removing obvious garbage so the game can play the way it was likely intended to be played.

In invasion mode, they nerfed the hell out of armour talismans: they no longer guarantee a flawless and that makes the grind a hell of a lot worse.

Not that it should matter, but the Brutalities being grind-dependant makes it kinda matter anyway.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
We're assuming tomorrow... Right?
I haven't seen anything official addressing the PC patch. A lot of people are being very optimistic and saying it's coming tomorrow. I suspect history will repeat itself and PC will be a week behind. I really hope that's not the case since my locals use PC.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I haven't seen anything official addressing the PC patch. A lot of people are being very optimistic and saying it's coming tomorrow. I suspect history will repeat itself and PC will be a week behind. I really hope that's not the case since my locals use PC.
The last patch to come out was released on consoles and PC at the same time. Why this one wasn't, I can't say. It was more or less shadowdropped on consoles without any comprehensive patch notes, so it's possible that the PC patch either isn't ready or is doing more than the console patch is doing.

I am personally thinking it will come tomorrow, as many others are thinking.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I’m glad that certain things were nerfed that needed to be nerfed, but NRS also nerfed characters that absolutely didn’t need it. Ya know, characters like Scorpion. Them nerfing Scorpion is like them nerfing Sub-Zero from the beta. So I guess I should’ve expected it. ¯\(ツ)

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I’m glad that certain things were nerfed that needed to be nerfed, but NRS also nerfed characters that absolutely didn’t need it. Ya know, characters like Scorpion. Them nerfing Scorpion is like them nerfing Sub-Zero from the beta. So I guess I should’ve expected it. ¯\(ツ)
I think it was to keep Mileena under 50%.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Johnny Cage the least reliant on Cyrax since the other three were using him to make unsafe specials plus? Seems like Johnny was untouched this patch so I'm thinking y'know.
edit: ah he was using his knee string into shadow kick. But I think Raiden and Rain got hit the hardest from Cyrax nerf because they were doing their pokes into specials

Last edited: