What's new

MK1 Online Stress Test Registration - June 23rd-26th

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I didn’t get one, which was expected but still super disappointing. It was expected because it seems like I never get into the closed betas, stress tests, etc, for whatever reason. FeelsBadMan

thesacrifist

Too old for this
I didn’t get one, which was expected but still super disappointing. It was expected because it seems like I never get into the closed betas, stress tests, etc, for whatever reason. FeelsBadMan
I refuse to give up - I was so set on using my weekend on this, as I'm home alone tomorrow with wife and daughter off to visit some other family even. I'm trying to find someone selling but unable to find anywhere except some outrageous prices on ebay like $500. I can do $50 but not $500 for a days worth of entertainment

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I refuse to give up - I was so set on using my weekend on this, as I'm home alone tomorrow with wife and daughter off to visit some other family even. I'm trying to find someone selling but unable to find anywhere except some outrageous prices on ebay like $500. I can do $50 but not $500 for a days worth of entertainment
I can’t afford to pay for a stress test code. I’m having a complete hip replacement surgery next week and going on short term disability leave from my job so yeah. And the leave starts Monday so was hoping to get a code to start my leave off hopefully on a good note. But nope, but as I said, with my luck, not just in regards to getting codes for stuff like this, but just in general, I expected it. Sucks

thesacrifist

Too old for this
I can’t afford to pay for a stress test code. I’m having a complete hip replacement surgery next week and going on short term disability leave from my job so yeah. And the leave starts Monday so was hoping to get a code to start my leave off hopefully on a good note. But nope, but as I said, with my luck, not just in regards to getting codes for stuff like this, but just in general, I expected it. Sucks
Yeah, feeling massive FOMO now. Best of luck with your hip surgery! Hip hip hooray!

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
If anyone is going to be participating on a Series S, could you please let me know how it runs? As long as it maintains 60fps with no stuttering, I'll go out and buy a Series S after work this evening.

If anyone is going to be participating on a Series S, could you please let me know how it runs? As long as it maintains 60fps with no stuttering, I'll go out and buy a Series S after work this evening.
I just want to point out that this is not a Beta test, it's a server stress test. So performance on all 3 consoles could be different (better or worse) at launch.

My expectation is gameplay will be between 1080p-1440p at a smooth 60 FPS on Xbox Series S though. Possibly a lower internal resolution if image reconstruction is used.

If you are going to pick up an Xbox Series S, keep in mind that on Sep. 1st a new SKU comes out for the console. There'll be one with a 1TB SSD (and it'll be black). The cost is more than the base model, of course, but the biggest complaint I hear from Series S owners is the limited storage space, so it may be worth holding out for.

smaddy

I'm your huckleberry
I just want to point out that this is not a Beta test, it's a server stress test. So performance on all 3 consoles could be different (better or worse) at launch.

My expectation is gameplay will be between 1080p-1440p at a smooth 60 FPS on Xbox Series S though. Possibly a lower internal resolution if image reconstruction is used.

If you are going to pick up an Xbox Series S, keep in mind that on Sep. 1st a new SKU comes out for the console. There'll be one with a 1TB SSD (and it'll be black). The cost is more than the base model, of course, but the biggest complaint I hear from Series S owners is the limited storage space, so it may be worth holding out for.
I'd agree with this. Even though the Series S isn't as powerful as the Series X, it is a fighting game. Thankfully they're not quite as resource intensive as some of these massive open world games, etc. I don't anticipate the Series S having any issues with frame-rate and it will have a locked 60 fps. As Juxtapose said, you'll just have a lower resolution is all. As long as you can live with that, then you should be fine.

I'd agree with this. Even though the Series S isn't as powerful as the Series X, it is a fighting game. Thankfully they're not quite as resource intensive as some of these massive open world games, etc. I don't anticipate the Series S having any issues with frame-rate and it will have a locked 60 fps. As Juxtapose said, you'll just have a lower resolution is all. As long as you can live with that, then you should be fine.
most of the time its also a bit fewer background objects and lighting effects. but for 299$/€ its still pretty sensational. locked 60 in fighting games are no problem for the series s. tbh i can even see this becoming the go-to machine in offline events.

According to Digital Foundry, Street Fighter VI (the traditional 1v1) is 1080p at 60 FPS solid, with excellent input delay, though some reduced graphical effects over Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. They found the resolution odd (they did expect 1440p since the PlayStation 4 Pro did that resolution) but it is what it is.

The biggest notable difference I expect between Xbox Series X and S will be resolution. If there is a Konquest Mode or such, I'd also expect that to be 30 FPS on Series S, and possibly 60 FPS on Series X.

most of the time its also a bit fewer background objects and lighting effects. but for 299$/€ its still pretty sensational. locked 60 in fighting games are no problem for the series s. tbh i can even see this becoming the go-to machine in offline events.
There's been pushes in other scenes for Series S to become the offline version, with no success that I'm aware of. One of the very few things that PlayStation 5 does over Xbox Series this generation is it's still the fighting game tournament standard.

Having said all that, the Xbox Series S is an excellent console for it's cost.

to be safe i'm expecting complete server meltdown in the first hours :laughing:
I'll be hoping on around 12:15 pm eastern during my lunch (I'm work from home today). We're also on summer hours so I'll clock out at 2:00 pm and then camp on the couch playing until the evening. If the servers are down, I'll switch to another game for a while and check back every 20-30 minutes.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
This feels so much more fluid than MK11. Air combos are hype haha. Still yet to do any combos with the Kameos, feels like the MK11 tag power ups at the moment tbh

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Heres a weird one for you guys
The brook ps5 add on for the brook ulimate fight board isnt recognised on mk1 beta.

Uhoh

Edit: hori offical ps one not working either

Last edited: